The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Articles About The Habs

kinot-1

Ok,,,,,just a thought,,,,,,but if you read an article about Our Habs, be it on the sports pages,,,newspapers,,,,, anyone of a number of sources, please cut and paste and give the source. I know I read an awfull lot of stuff (from msg boards, the opposing teams papers, or any number of sources). sometimes there is a gem that is worth sharing.

Please share it with us.

I found this one from todays Toronto Star.

"Says Michael Cammalleri, another first-year rider of the historical bleu-blanc-rouge wave: “I almost feel bad for a guy who plays an NHL career without ever experiencing what it’s like to be a Montreal Canadien.”

i hope this works. :huh:

This is interesting kinot1 however, every Habs related article will inevitably relate to one of the topics we are already discussing in threads dedicated to said topics. Your example would be something that belongs to the Mike Cammalleri thread. If we post all sorts of articles in the same thread, discussions will be difficult to follow. Or did you mean it in a type of 'quote of the day' thing?

Not a bad idea for a thread. Since I spent the whole day reading articles about the Habs, I might have missed a few from other parts of the country. Hopefully I'll get to read them here.

you're not supposed to miss anything :P

This is interesting kinot1 however, every Habs related article will inevitably relate to one of the topics we are already discussing in threads dedicated to said topics. Your example would be something that belongs to the Mike Cammalleri thread. If we post all sorts of articles in the same thread, discussions will be difficult to follow. Or did you mean it in a type of 'quote of the day' thing?

you're not supposed to miss anything :P

Good point CRB. However, if we just paste the link to the article I think it might be okay. I don't think we should discuss the article here but if someone posts: "Here's a great read from the New York times" odds are we haven't read the article since it's not one of the sites that we frequent.

I think it's worth a go.

CRB and Greek, ,,,,,I only meant this thread as a, not-so-much as a discussion thread, but more of a reading thread. A place where fans can come and read the latest news, opinions, and what the scribes, and pundits have to say about our Habs.

No discussion, no debate,,,,,,,just good reading. I, for one,,,,just hate hunting (too time consuming) for good stories about the Habs, and I figured that if there was a thread that fans could come and read the latest info, there might be some interest.

Links are great,,,,,,but in my case, so is cut and paste. :)

I hope this explains it better.

you just copy whatever is in the address bar of your browser and paste it , the link will create itself.

HMMMMMM,, ok,,,(I think), I will try it,,,,,,,,,,but iffin it doesn't work,,,,,,cut and paste it is,,,,,, :P

INTERNAL DEBATE:PRICE OR HAlak?

Crease call may be only way to clear much-needed cap space.

NEW CANADIENS GM Pierre Gauthier,who inherited the team this season from his predecessor,Bob Gainey,can be excused for feeling trap in the corner of a small room.

With nearly $45 million committed to 13 players next season,that doesn't leave Gauthier much to play with.He's faced with signing center Tomas Plekanec,Montreal's leading scorer who is an unrestricted free agent,along with goaltenders Cary Price and Jaroslav Halak,both restricted free agents.

Montreal is left with between $13 and $14 million for 10 remaining roster players.Should Plekanec's salary rise to $4.5 million from his current $2.75 million,and assuming both goalies average out to $3 million,the remaining players will be fighting over crumbs.

Gauthier must clear salary while potential making a decision on which of his two netminders to retain.

Defensively,the team will have to replace Roman Hamrlik and Hal Gill following next season and Andrei Markov's eligible to become a UFA at that time.UFA defenseman Paul Mara is gone after a sparingly played season,even when healthy.A decision must also be made on Marc-Andre Bergeron,another UFA rearguard.Veteran UFA center Glen Metropolit is useful both on and off the ice,but Dominic Moore-also a UFA-possesses the same attributes and is quicker.

The Canadiens must get bigger at forward while finding players with offensive touch.Montreal is simply not big enough to get traffic in front of the net.

Defenseman P.K.Subban and forward David Desharnais are ready to be promoted from the American League.Both have been dominant in Hamilton.

Gauthier has many problems to address with options severely hampered by salary constraints.

This article was posted in THE HOCKEY NEWS magazine...thought I'd pass it on here.

From the Sporting news

"Why we like the Canadiens: What's not to like? They beat the best team from the regular season in the Capitals and then eliminated the reigning Stanley Cup champion Penguins. Jaroslav Halak has been the best goalie in the playoffs, and gives the Canadiens a huge edge in goal over Michael Leighton and the Flyers. There's also a convincing argument to be made that Michael Cammalleri has been the best forward in the playoffs.

Picking a winner: Canadiens in 7"

Archived