The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Best Habs Song... Post Your Favorite

FirstStar

I am so moved with the atmosphere around Montreal. I seriously haven't felt anything like this in over 15 years. 07-08 was nice, but wasn't anything like this.

And it seems everywhere I go, people have caught "Habs fever".

With all the radio stations playing their own Habs song, in support of the Habs, I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to all the Habs songs. I'm really not a fan of rap, but hearing Journey's "don't stop believing" redone with a Habs theme, made my eyes a lil misty. For those who haven't heard it yet, I'm posting it here. I heard it on team 990 last night and felt the need to share it with all of you.

Enjoy, listen and post your own Habs songs you've found on the net or heard on the radio.

Don't Stop Believing!

2010 version

Dude,

I love that song, 'Feels a Little Like 93'. Anakin Slayd. I found it early last season but stopped listening earlier this season because it referenced discarded players and wasn't producing consistent wins for the Team :D . Someone in the Pens/Habs Game 7 GDT posted the new version which is great! I just need to get it on my iPod.

The one I'm on now (I tell my mom it's the new theme song) is Le But by Loco Locass. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq3ul1YgMZk

It's the song used by CBC for the montage prior to game 5 or 6. I know some french but not enough to get it all. Either way, I know enough to understand that "On peut gagne" (spelling apologies :) ) means "we can win". :)

I am so moved with the atmosphere around Montreal. I seriously haven't felt anything like this in over 15 years. 07-08 was nice, but wasn't anything like this.

With all the radio stations playing their own Habs song, in support of the Habs, I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to all the Habs songs. I'm really not a fan of rap, but hearing Journey's "don't stop believing" redone with a Habs theme, made my eyes a lil misty. For those who haven't heard it yet, I'm posting it here. I heard it on team 990 last night and felt the need to share it with all of you.

Enjoy, listen and post your own Habs songs you've found on the net or heard on the radio.

Don't Stop Believing!

WOW...I'm not into rap....but damm that was cool.....and the video,awesome.

Thanks so much Firststar for posting this link....made my day watching it...GO HABS!

93'

Don't Stop Believing!

That song is awesome FS. They have the 2010 updated version out there too. Somebody had posted the link in the last game thread somewhere. ;)

Dude,

I love that song, 'Feels a Little Like 93'. Anakin Slayd. I found it early last season but stopped listening earlier this season because it referenced discarded players and wasn't producing consistent wins for the Team :D . Someone in the Pens/Habs Game 7 GDT posted the new version which is great! I just need to get it on my iPod.

The one I'm on now (I tell my mom it's the new theme song) is Le But by Loco Locass. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq3ul1YgMZk

It's the song used by CBC for the montage prior to game 5 or 6. I know some french but not enough to get it all. Either way, I know enough to understand that "On peut gagne" (spelling apologies :) ) means "we can win". :)

They're actually saying "On peut gagner, On veut gagner, On va gagner" we can win, we want to win, we will win :)

All in all the lyrics in that song are pure genius. Cant really be translated though because of all the play on words

That song is awesome FS. They have the 2010 updated version out there too. Somebody had posted the link in the last game thread somewhere. ;)

I didn't post the 2010 one... D'oh!

I heard last night on the radio, talking about Cammer and Gio... I thought it was the new one. If someone finds it, please post the link!

I didn't post the 2010 one... D'oh!

I heard last night on the radio, talking about Cammer and Gio... I thought it was the new one. If someone finds it, please post the link!

Thanx... I found it and edited my original post with 2010 version.

Man, driving home last night hearing it... Made me misty eyed. Anymore and I would've had to pull over, I was over-whelmed with emotions.

Its a heart pumper. :D

Its a heart pumper. :D

Definitely is, like I said in my opening post, I not a fan of rap, not even a lil bit. This version is great, from the lyrics and the fact that I like the original "don't stop believing" by journey, helps a lot.

Would like to hear someone re-do it, but without the rap. Like someone posted in the GDT... Halak is just a small town boy,etc...

• 2 months later...

Archived