Canadiens de Montreal

Game 5 Montreal Vs. Philadelphia

Rondalsf

Do you believe?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. What's going to happen?

• Habs force game 6
    • Habs season is over

Gorges stated today that he had a major problem with his skate which did not allow him to play the way he should have. It's unfortunate but it happens.

Go Habs Go

Sorry, but Gill could have easily picked up Giroux. He had the better position on him and made no effort to cover for Gorges who was clearly beat on the play. I think Gorges is just covering for his partner with the skate excuse. You could see on the play he hesitated thinking that Gill was going to cover for him, and then he could pick up the trailer, but perhaps Gill realized he is too slow to make that play. Very unfortunate. I like Gill, he is one of my favourite Habs and I stuck woth him when others were calling him out in the regular season. But he does have his limitations and on that play it showed. Too bad because if we had scored forst we probably would have won the game.

As for game five we need the following players to show up in this order:

Plekanec - number two centre. O goals forever, 4 assists in round two, 7 points in round 1, this round ??? Wake up man your playing for a new contract, and the Cup. Where is the intensity, the finish?????????

Poulliot - (if he even dresses) c'mon man play with some determination and energy. Hit somebody, work out there, move your feet and get open, and quit skating around like your a hand glider

AK - Ok, I know your trying finaly but you've got to do more, go hard to the net, quit stopping up inside the blueline. You're our biggest forward after Moen so show some punishment to their D men.

MAB - Shoot. Quit frigging passing off, your out there to shoot. Shoot wide if their in your lane and let the boys play the rebound off the end boards. Leighton can be beat that way, as per Cammy in game 3

Gomez - saved the best for last. I'd like to ask him this, "did you ever think on one of your patented end to end rushes of maybe just trying to go all the way with it? Maybe, you might draw a penalty if you don't make it through, or you may tie up one of their D and anyone following you could actually pick up an errant puck and shoot and score as per Moore's goal in game 3. Why you continue to peel off at the blueline, or make your typical pass to Gionta on the boards (hello the whole world knows that's coming) is mind boggling. For once, maybe even twice try driving to the net with the thing and see what happens.

Go Habs Go B)

Look, you seem like a nice, respectful flyer's fan, so thats great- but honestly what do you know about the crowd at the bell centre? how many games do you go to - how many habs games do you even watch for that matter?

Ive seen games all over north america & can tell you that the fans at the bell are easily (As a whole) the most knowledgable of any arena in the NHL. They were frustrated by the lack of effort by the team, but make no mistake - if we can win tomorrow, they will be jumping for game 6.

Dont believe what the commentators tell you about the crowd working "against the habs" - in the regular season, when we're losing many games in a row or the PP cant click for dozens of tries, yes, but in the playoffs - if I were an NHLer there would be NO crowd Id rather call my own than the one at the bell centre.

Thanks, that was my suspicion, but not having been there, I didnt want to speculate (as some seem to like to do).

I'm far removed from the Bell Center. In fact I don't live in Canada. But the Canadien fans are one of the reasons I'm a Canadiens fan. They are knowledgeable and they are passionate. "Fan" is derived from fanatic and Montreal Canadien fans truly define that.

After the tying goal was scored in Game 4 against the Penguins (I think it was this game) the Canadien fans gave the Habs an ovation that lasted as long as the commercial break. "Doc" Emrick came back on the air and was too mesmerized saying it was not prompted by a scoreboard display or anything else. Someone posted the link somewhere and I meant to put in my favorites but forgot. Because once this season is over I want to listen to it again.

One of my goals is to get to the Bell Center and experience a game there, preferably when the Habs play either Toronto or Boston or a playoff game. I do believe there are some players who survive and even thrive in Montreal and I do believe there are players who would not stand a chance. I also don't think it bothers European players as much because they are used to passionate fans in their own countries where sometimes sport is one of the brightest spots fans may have in said country.

A crowd working against a team only happens if that team and its players let it happen. I don't think that's the case in Montreal. Players know there are high expectations and if they are not performing they will accept the consequences.

Having said all that and for tonight................... GO HABS GO! :D

I am a HABS fan and have been since the sixties. I do agree though no matter how knowledgeable we "think" as fans we are. I have NEVER agreed with booing your home team. Yes it shows the team your displeasure, but how in the H*** does it ever help motivate your home team? I have also seen through the years this develop. Like the Ole Ole the boing I believe has been a more europeon influence. I just don't remember people booing near as much in the 60's 70's even 80's. People were quite alot when things weren't going good but the booing does not acomplish anything. If the team is playing poorly motivation is what is needed, more GO HABS GO or other cheering. Do you boo your kids team when they have a bad game or does it help when your having a bad day at work and the boss is yelling or is it better when they're encouraging? The rioting is just plain STUPID even when(being positive) we win the CUP. Celebrating is great but in any town any where rioting even by a small portion still makes the whole city look bad, which is unfortunate for such a beutifull place. I would really love to see the old gaurd such as Belivue , Lefuer ect. to speak out against the rioting before a series win or just after.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Folks, please dont feed the trolls.

There are a few (albeit, not many) Philly fans who seem to want to come here and talk hockey. The vast majority do not & clearly only want to rile people up. Dont give them the satisfaction & let us deal with it, ok?

All you have to know about the majority (and I beg forgiveness from the few reasonable Philly fans here that, unfortunately, on our site are not the norm) is that they bombarded us here after games 1, 2 and 4 but were completely absent after game 3.

Ive said before & I'll say again: why a person feels the need to go to another's message board is beyond me, but unfortunately a vast majority of them seem to do so because they find it fun to rile people up. Dont let them.

Cheers

Well said and as I have said many times (in my 50 posts) I am here because it seems to be the only place to have intelligent hockey conversation.

That 1st Giroux goal really had me shocked... Couldn't believe that Gorges would just allow him to skate right in on Halak. Then I saw later what happened with his skate. Once again, bad luck comes to bit us in the butt. Game 3 we had luck on our side with the 1st goal... Right off the glass and onto Cammer's stick.

Habs need to create their own luck like they did in game 3. If Cammer hadn't cleared the philly defender, I doubt that 1st goal would've gone it.

Doesn't matter about Cammy's 1st goal... the Habs were by far the better team in game 3. If Cammy's goal didn't go in then it would have been someone else getting #1. There was no way the Flyers were winning that game... not with the way Montreal was flying. Even if the Flyers got the first goal in game 3 it wouldn't have mattered.

But the Flyers adjusted for game 4 and took it to the Habs. Yeah it was bad luck for Georges but I think the Flyers were the better team in game 4 and would have found another way. You can't win 3 games by shutout with lucky bounces and equipment error.... the Habs were only down 1 after Georges equipment problem but still couldn't generate anything.

Anyway.... on to game 5.

Doesn't matter about Cammy's 1st goal... the Habs were by far the better team in game 3. If Cammy's goal didn't go in then it would have been someone else getting #1. There was no way the Flyers were winning that game... not with the way Montreal was flying. Even if the Flyers got the first goal in game 3 it wouldn't have mattered.

But the Flyers adjusted for game 4 and took it to the Habs. Yeah it was bad luck for Georges but I think the Flyers were the better team in game 4 and would have found another way. You can't win 3 games by shutout with lucky bounces and equipment error.... the Habs were only down 1 after Georges equipment problem but still couldn't generate anything.

Anyway.... on to game 5.

yes the flyers adjusted in game 4 but the play was pretty even until that sacrosaint first goal. both teams are exceptionally good at protecting a lead. so whether it's an equipment misfortune , a highlight reel play or a garbage goalmouth goal, scoring 1st has a huge impact in this series (see game 2). it may just be mental but it's there nonetheless.

Win or lose, it's still been a great playoffs, far beyond what I expected when the regular season ended. I never thought we'd be playing hockey in late May. I hope the whole team, but the youngsters in particular, can learn from this experience going forward.

yes the flyers adjusted in game 4 but the play was pretty even until that sacrosaint first goal. both teams are exceptionally good at protecting a lead. so whether it's an equipment misfortune , a highlight reel play or a garbage goalmouth goal, scoring 1st has a huge impact in this series (see game 2). it may just be mental but it's there nonetheless.

Seems that way in most games... but I think even if the Flyers had one bounce of a skate it would not have mattered in that game. I think the Habs had the desperation going and it would have carried them that day. They did look like a different team in game 4.

And as far as the crowd goes it seemed a little dead towards the end of the second and most of the third. The tv guys commented on how quiet it was... but you are correct.... I was not there so I don't know.

Nice first GDT HFE I am sorry I am late people but not so good got a bad infection in my leg slept most of the day

will try to make up for it

There is no way I will concede

There is no way I don't believe

That we can win game number five

Win this game to stay alive

We know exactly what is required

Even though in the muck we're mired

This is the place we have been before

So many times I haven't kept score

But we have always risen above

You do it for the fans you love

The biggest sorrow there is for me

It won't be at home for the fans to see

But we know of what your capable

Just show us that it is repeatable

You are the HABS the very best of teams

You have to fulfill our wildest dreams

We know you will play as hard as you can

Just keep it fast and man on man

We have to win another three

To make it possible for us to see

All our A's lifting the cup

When your down you have to move up

So come out and play like you did before

The we the fans can ask for no more

GO HABS GO :D :D

We love you HABS we want you to win for us and for you, there is nothing you can't do if you try hard enough

how are you doing today? ;)

there will be a game 6, GO HABS GO!!!!!

Ive seen games all over north america & can tell you that the fans at the bell are easily (As a whole) the most knowledgable of any arena in the NHL. They were frustrated by the lack of effort by the team, but make no mistake - if we can win tomorrow, they will be jumping for game 6.

Dont believe what the commentators tell you about the crowd working "against the habs" - in the regular season, when we're losing many games in a row or the PP cant click for dozens of tries, yes, but in the playoffs - if I were an NHLer there would be NO crowd Id rather call my own than the one at the bell centre.

These two assertions are confirmed by that one person who visited all 30 NHL arenas in 30 days. http://www.30gamesin30nights.com/

What is upsetting....is that JM is not making the most out of PK's ability.

Dress 7 d men.......and give PK a opportunity to play D and forward during the game. That should throw the Flyers plans into OZ. Bergeron may have a (sometimes) shot......but he's a big minus player.

The PP needs 2 real D men there with one that can go both ways (76) and who knows how to move a puck quickly. Bergeron......moves the puck at ice-age speed.....so slooooooow.......effectively killing any advantage.

Gomez has got to start to try to score some goals.....'cause as of right now......the Flyers KNOW he won't even try......so they can set their sights on Cam.......Pleks........seems to think there's yellow tape near the Flyers net......cause he never crosses that imanginary line.

Pouliet is simply useless.........you score with traffic on front of the net.........not camping behind it.....serving hot dogs

The tourists on the team..........have begin to contribute.....and the time is NOW...

Our 3rd line looks more like a first line........and that's just plain wrong in the ECF........

It's time to play without worry...........just play the same way you played in game number 3

Fast & furious

Score quick goals early & many......and take out the Flyers life from the fans & the team.

Do this in games 5 & 6 and you'll have the Flyers wondering if it's the Habbbies uear.

All aboard......you're in the Zone

Gorges stated today that he had a major problem with his skate which did not allow him to play the way he should have. It's unfortunate but it happens.

Go Habs Go

our typical luck, a skate guard coming undone and hampering movement leading to a goal... like what else is gonna happen :rolleyes:

Win or lose, it's still been a great playoffs, far beyond what I expected when the regular season ended. I never thought we'd be playing hockey in late May. I hope the whole team, but the youngsters in particular, can learn from this experience going forward.

we have some vets who need to learn from this as well, being down 3-1 in the east final? unreal how unacceptable that is

our typical luck, a skate guard coming undone and hampering movement leading to a goal... like what else is gonna happen :rolleyes:

I looked like he was caught so off guard that he did nothing... I was expecting him to at least try a stick check or drag him down... but he let Giroux go right around him. And Giroux finished that play nicely. I think Gil was following the guy trailing the play so he couldn't jump in there either. The whole play was wierd.

Absolutely, it's been a great ride :-) Taking Ovechkin and the Caps out was absolutely awesome! And closing the Igloo with a big victory, after Beliveau opened it with his 400th career goal, was phenominal as well :)

Let's do that 3-1 deficit dance one more time, and win this series!

Go Habs GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived