The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Thank You Habs

It was a great run. Thanks to our Habs for providing us with a final four appearance and battling till the end. The future is bright, I can't wait till next year.

As well, big thank you to all the members here for the great atmosphere, the belief and the positive vibes throughout the playoffs. You're all a pleasure to discuss hockey with.

Congrats to our team for all the thrills.

Amen. I'm very sad to see it end, but am just as proud and pleased for what our boys accomplished this year, esp when NO ONE gave them a so much as a sniff. Hope we come back like thunder next season. Thanks, boys !

GO HABS GO !!!

Absolutely agree with GreekHockeyCoach.

An awesome season and our Habs played with great heart often enough that we got this far.

Who would have thought - I know we all hope, but the reality was that no one impartial thought we'd get as far as we have.

Disappointment tonight, but post season, just wow!

Look out next season. Habs are on their way.

:D

It was a great run. Thanks to our Habs for providing us with a final four appearance and battling till the end.

Change that to "almost the end" and I agree. It was a great run and great to still be watching hockey when it's almost June. The team did well in two exciting series and beat two great teams. I won't say I'm happy with the result because that's a loser's mentality: I want a cup. And quite frankly, we can't really call the Phili series "hard-fought". But it was more than I was expecting, and while I'm not sure if this is a sign of things to come or an anamoly, at least it gave us all (except Regis :D) a little more hope for next season.

We were the 3rd team left standing, so there's some positive. Didn't see the entire playoffs but the Habs sure made them more interesting, not just for us, but for the entire hockey community.

Thank you, Habs, for making the first season I fully watch a long and enjoyable one. Considering you were a team that just made it in with an overtime loss to the Leafs, and the lowest point team in the playoffs, you proved everyone wrong and came up 3rd out of 30 teams.

I'm really proud to have watched this team and to be a fan, through thick and thin. I only expect more next season, after this :D

Change that to "almost the end" and I agree. It was a great run and great to still be watching hockey when it's almost June. The team did well in two exciting series and beat two great teams. I won't say I'm happy with the result because that's a loser's mentality: I want a cup. And quite frankly, we can't really call the Phili series "hard-fought". But it was more than I was expecting, and while I'm not sure if this is a sign of things to come or an anamoly, at least it gave us all (except Regis :D) a little more hope for next season.

Sometimes, as hard as it is, you have to give credit to the other team. The Flyers played a great series. I know it's tough not winning the cup but I haven't felt this good about Canadiens hockey in a long time. We're a few moves away from being very competitive for years to come.

Thank you Habs!!! I am proud of you, you did good!!! and I hope to see most of you return next season!

Thank you JM and Bob Gainey...and Halak! (You kept us in the game when we thought it was over)

Thank you Cammy for all your goals! :D

Thank you to this forum,I am a noob here have only been here for a few weeks but I will return this fall :)

GO HABS GO! Habs fan for life! :D:D

we got to look at things in perspective too right guys...our team played two 7 game series' where they faced elimination 5 times...the flyers coasted through the devils...lost a couple of players...had to push through the bruins ok, but were getting healthier with every game after game 3...boucher went down and a fresh and healthy leighton came in...where we had 14 games fully played...were bruised beaten...halak has played more hockey in this one season than ever...he must have been getting tired too...not as fresh as leighton...it was bound to happen...yeah we didnt win the cup...yeah we lost in 5 in the conf. finals...but this team gave every habs fan something they havent seen in either 17 years or ever...and for that...THANK YOU...the ghosts finally seemed to have make that trek to the bell too...and for that...THANK YOU

Man... No one even thought this team would make it to the playoffs. They said the facelift would be brutal, new coach new players, new chemistry. Not only that, they faced an uphill climb all season, battling injuries, finding that chemistry... They surpassed my wildest dreams.

Proud to be habs fan.

Thanx GHC, this thread was needed!

no tis a very sad & frustrating time but I did enjoy conversing back & forth with you this season. Thank You

ya this was my biggest run of my life, im fighting tears right now really choked up

but ya we didnt always agree but your a very knowledgeable fan edit and its always great to talk to you

Archived