The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Cincinnati Cyclones Win Echl Championship

Is the Cincinnati Cyclones a Habs owned team in the ECHL? I went to the prospect page where it list everything about the Habs prospects and I only see three players from the Habs on that team. Yet when you look at the teams mentioned they have the Habs followed by the Dogs then the Cyclones. It just seems strange that the Habs would only have three players or prospects playing for that team. Who do the other players belong to?

Here is the link http://habsprospects.hockeyhq.net/

Is the Cincinnati Cyclones a Habs owned team in the ECHL? I went to the prospect page where it list everything about the Habs prospects and I only see three players from the Habs on that team. Yet when you look at the teams mentioned they have the Habs followed by the Dogs then the Cyclones. It just seems strange that the Habs would only have three players or prospects playing for that team. Who do the other players belong to?

Here is the link http://habsprospects.hockeyhq.net/

Disregard the above question guys as I did a little more digging and found out who the affiliate teams are of the Cyclones. They are from the NHL the Canadiens and Predators and from the AHL they are the Bulldogs and the Milwakuee Admirals.

Wow... very good year for the three CH teams.

One cup champion and two conference finalists xD

Good job guys!

A lot of older players in the line up/roster. Not like in 2007-08 when young free agents Desjardins and Desharnais emerged as dominant players garnering ECHL awards and subsequently entry level contracts with Montreal.

Only Mayer is a Habs prospect on the team as Mike Busto was loaned to Emira. Mayer played a back up role during the season and had very average numbers. He played in 9 of the 26 games in the playoffs (again in a back up role) but did have better numbers.

Disregard the above question guys as I did a little more digging and found out who the affiliate teams are of the Cyclones. They are from the NHL the Canadiens and Predators and from the AHL they are the Bulldogs and the Milwakuee Admirals.

Plus a number of older career minor leaguers not affiliated with either organization.

• 3 months later...

Archived