The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Ottawa Senators 2010-11

FirstStar

• 1 month later...

The center player of the Pizza Line? He is nicknamed Pizza for a reason... in his prime, or his wingers' prime, with Daniel Alfredsson and whoever is his other winger (Regin, Heatley or others) he led Ottawa's first line to many games where the team scored 5 goals or more.

For the record, here's the actual pizza reference: it's similar to free chicken wings at the Cage aux Sports for Habs games when the Habs score 5 goals or more, except that it is free pizza slices at Pizza Pizza instead.

The center player of the Pizza Line? He is nicknamed Pizza for a reason... in his prime, or his wingers' prime, with Daniel Alfredsson and whoever is his other winger (Regin, Heatley or others) he led Ottawa's first line to many games where the team scored 5 goals or more.

For the record, here's the actual pizza reference: it's similar to free chicken wings at the Cage aux Sports for Habs games when the Habs score 5 goals or more, except that it is free pizza slices at Pizza Pizza instead.

I've always called him Pizza, not the line, just him. I just recently learned of that Pizza Pizza promotional thing. Doesn't change anything, to me, he's always been and will always be a Pizza with an anchovy for a brain. meh...

I've always called him Pizza, not the line, just him. I just recently learned of that Pizza Pizza promotional thing. Doesn't change anything, to me, he's always been and will always be a Pizza with an anchovy for a brain. meh...

Yes this is what I was referring too. :D

hmm.... how come we don't have a "chicken line"... or atleast name one of our players "chicken" :lol::D

you're kidding right?

It makes perfect sense to me. They were called the 'pizza line' (by everyone but CRB :P) because they scored so many goals that their fans kept getting free pizza. When our team scores lots of goals we get free wings... by that logic, calling Gionta 'chicken' would be pretty reasonable ;)

It makes perfect sense to me. They were called the 'pizza line' (by everyone but CRB :P) because they scored so many goals that their fans kept getting free pizza. When our team scores lots of goals we get free wings... by that logic, calling Gionta 'chicken' would be pretty reasonable ;)

That and he is the smallest goal-scorer we got.

thats mean but 'chicken little' would have been meaner :lol:

nothing reasonable about that, do not insult lil' smudge :lol:

now... if pouliot started to light the red lamp consistantly this season, HE would make a reasonable chicken ;)

my bad, reading those posts i forgot about the cage au sports :(

cluck cluck :lol:

nothing reasonable about that, do not insult lil' smudge :lol:

now... if pouliot started to light the red lamp consistantly this season, HE would make a reasonable chicken ;)

Plus if Pouliot scored these goals with Gionta and Gomez then that line would be called the Chicken Line.

Anyway, the Pizza Line's LW could be Michalek or Regin if Alfredsson was kept a RW. This year's Pizza Line could be:

Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson

OR

Regin-Spezza-Alfredsson

If it was a player other than these two then Michalek and Regin would play on the same line.

Plus if Pouliot scored these goals with Gionta and Gomez then that line would be called the Chicken Line.

Anyway, the Pizza Line's LW could be Michalek or Regin if Alfredsson was kept a RW. This year's Pizza Line could be:

Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson

OR

Regin-Spezza-Alfredsson

If it was a player other than these two then Michalek and Regin would play on the same line.

I think that the line after Heatley left wasn't called the Pizza line anymore, Regin and Michalek don't have the goalscoring abililty and Alfredsson and Spezza had other linemates for most of the season (when Spezza wasn't injured)

After reading this page.....I just had to order...............PIZZA. :D

That's the 2010-2011 Pizza Line for you. I told you what I thought about what it would be earlier.

That is, if Regin or Michalek can score more points than he did last season, on that line.

Archived