The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

New Jersey Devils 2010-11

FirstStar

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I really hope that Miroslav Satan will sign with the New Jersey Devils. Satan...Devils...It would be the perfect fit! :lol:

hah I thought of this recently.

that would be awesome.

Not Satan, but almost as good.

Ilya Kovalchuk resigns with Devils

His agent: http://www.puckagency.com/2010/07/19/ilya-...-jersey-devils/

NHL.com: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=534606

wow finally.

• 2 weeks later...
I really hope that Miroslav Satan will sign with the New Jersey Devils. Satan...Devils...It would be the perfect fit! :lol:

Who, or what, could the Devils trade for Satan? Or Satan would be let go so Seguin could play. Satan is an UFA; last known cap hit: $700K. Let's hope that they get a good bottom-six season out of Satan if he did indeed sign.

And they drafted two Fausts in team history: André Faust in 1989, LW 9th-rounder (played 47 games for the cheesepuffs while not playing any for the Devils) and Joe Faust in 2010, D-man 4th-rounder. Correct me if I'm wrong but Faust is no Subban so seeing him in a single NHL game, let alone 666, much less scoring 666 points if he was an offensive D-man, is a long shot.

• 1 month later...

NHL, Devils resolve Kovy contract dispute

Monday, 09.13.2010 / 7:01 PM / News By Dan Rosen - NHL.com Staff Writer

The National Hockey League and the New Jersey Devils on Monday resolved the dispute over Ilya Kovalchuk's League-rejected 17-year, $102 million contract. The rejection of that contract was subsequently upheld by an independent arbitrator.

The Devils will sacrifice a first-round draft pick in one of the next four Entry Drafts as well as their third-round draft pick in 2011. The Devils will determine in which year between 2011 and 2014 they will surrender their first-round pick, and they are to advise the NHL the day after the Stanley Cup Final ends in that calendar year.

The NHL has also issued the Devils a fine of $3 million, but per the terms of the global settlement reached between the NHL and NHLPA earlier this month the Devils will not have to sacrifice any salary cap money.

As part of that global settlement, which set guidelines for contracts of five years or more, the NHL retained its right to impose penalties on the Devils for the ill-fated Kovalchuk contract. The League announced its rejection of the contract on the basis of circumvention of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, citing Article 26, on July 21.

Follow Dan Rosen on Twitter at: @drosennhl

The National Hockey League and the New Jersey Devils on Monday resolved the dispute over Ilya Kovalchuk's League-rejected 17-year, $102 million contract. The rejection of that contract was subsequently upheld by an independent arbitrator.

The Devils will sacrifice a first-round draft pick in one of the next four Entry Drafts as well as their third-round draft pick in 2011. The Devils will determine in which year between 2011 and 2014 they will surrender their first-round pick, and they are to advise the NHL the day after the Stanley Cup Final ends in that calendar year.

The NHL has also issued the Devils a fine of $3 million, but per the terms of the global settlement reached between the NHL and NHLPA earlier this month the Devils will not have to sacrifice any salary cap money.

As part of that global settlement, which set guidelines for contracts of five years or more, the NHL retained its right to impose penalties on the Devils for the ill-fated Kovalchuk contract. The League announced its rejection of the contract on the basis of circumvention of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, citing Article 26, on July 21.

simpsonsnelsonhaha2fj.jpg

Since the money won't count against the cap, it's just the cost of doing business really. What's going to hurt are the 2 picks they forfeit. I'm not a Devils fan by any means but I think that's harsh. I really expected only a wrist slap at best, if even that. Bob MacKenzie on twitter is saying that other NHL teams lobbied hard for sanctions.

Meh. 1st round pick for 15 years of Kovalchuk. A trade-off Devils fans won't be too disappointed in.

Now let's see the Devils make an offer sheet to Bobby Ryan, giving the Ducks 4 1st round picks should they not match :lol:

Archived