The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Chicago Blackhawks 2010-11

FirstStar

• 1 month later...

I was on capgeek.com yesterday and after having taken into account the bonuses for each team Chicago was operating in the negative. More than 4 million in the negative ! I go on today and they're back in the positive but I can't seem to find anything besides the Marty Reasoner trade that would account for this. What happened ?

As much as the Hawks have been dumping salary like crazy I have a hard time believing they are going to be able to hang on to all there "Star" players and still make it under the salary cap.

The Hawks are for sure going to keep Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Campbell(because no one would take him) and Keith but I really can't see them being able to hang on to Seabrook, Hjalmarsson or Bolland.

They are already over the cap and only have 17 players under contract.... they are in alot of trouble.

so they're going to go with turco and huet?

ill say this...they didnt win the cup because of niemi, but still...some of the hawks must be wondering what the heck management is going...they've dismantled the team lol

This means that, if Burke decided to buy Giguère's contract out, he could sign Niemi for a $2.75M cap hit.

I don't think there's any requirement on salary. He's a UFA and can sign for more or less than that amount.

Wow, that's shocking. The only possible reason I can think of is that ownership was unwilling to pay Huet 5.5 million to play in the minors. This makes the Habs trading Halak look brilliant by comparison.

Weren't they still up against the cap? I don't know that this means Huet isn't going to the minors.

Would be funny if they didn't make ths playoffs next season (dreaming I know...but they just P me off by signing Turco :angry: . :lol:

so they're going to go with turco and huet?

ill say this...they didnt win the cup because of niemi, but still...some of the hawks must be wondering what the heck management is going...they've dismantled the team lol

Huet is nowhere in their plans it seems. He's good as gone!

So where does he end up?

I dont think any team is going to touch Huet at a 5.6 million dollar cap hit ... I dont know the details of his contract, if he has a nmc they're going to have to negotiate something with him ... If he doesnt, then they're just going to have to let him know that he's going to the AHL ...

He isn't! Turco has been declining over the past few years. They mainly signed him because he's cheaper than Niemi and they don't have much room under the cap. They were basically just trying to save some money.

Niemi, in turn, isn't any better than Price.

I dont think any team is going to touch Huet at a 5.6 million dollar cap hit ... I dont know the details of his contract, if he has a nmc they're going to have to negotiate something with him ... If he doesnt, then they're just going to have to let him know that he's going to the AHL ...

Let me know if this is innacurate,

It would be nice if they give the option of Retirement to Huet. He has no future with the orginization, and even if a FA, wouldnt get much money. If he retires he still gets his money, but little orno cap hit, since he signed before 35. And if he still wants to play, he can go to the KHL or back to the Swiss/French leagues for a couple years and truly retire.

• 3 weeks later...

The hawks are such and interresting case because of the players they have given up in the off season. Obviously they are defending champions but i don't know how they will do because they are missing key players. One things for sure, they will not challenge as repeat champions. Well actually not for sure. But i am predicting that they will do not better than Conference Semi-Finals. Big Buff, Ladd and Versteeg are big time players for the Hawks and will be missed very much.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How is Turco better than Niemi?

Hes Not, But It Wont Matter What Goalie Is In Net Chicago Will Still Go Far

Niemi, in turn, isn't any better than Price.

Agreed, Price Is Just As Good Or Better

The Hawks still have a bevy of prospects in their system and just traded and got some more good prospects. The Hawks are going to make the playoffs and then some.

Yup For Sure

• 1 month later...
The good news for the Chicago Blackhawks is that they won a game at the United Center on Sunday evening and gladly accepted the two points in the standings.

The bad news is that they might be without star forward Patrick Kane to go along with injuries to forwards Marian Hossa and Fernando Pisani.

Kane played just 23 seconds and left the ice with assistance after a lower-body injury sustained while falling awkwardly to avoid a check by Cory Sarich. He didn't return and wasn't able to put much weight on his left skate while heading to the locker room.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2010020393

• 2 months later...

BLACKHAWKS HEAD COACH JOEL QUENNEVILLE HOSPITALIZED

Good guy he is....hope all is well for him.

Archived