The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

How Many Habs Fans Ride Motorcycles?

29Dryden29

So how many of us ride and what do we all ride?

I currently run an 04 Black and Orange GSXR 600

my list of upgrades to the scoot include.

Ohlins rear shock

Racetech front springs and valves

Kevlar braided lines front and rear

EBC race pads up front

Pazzo shorty levers

Woodcraft case covers

Micron stainless serpent full exhaust

PCIII USB with custom map

DUNLOP GP-A race tires

Vortex race hanger for the pipe

Post up your scoot and opics if you have them.

Well how about this..I took the three day class they have down here, Friday night classroom, Saturday and Sunday riding and it ends with the state exam....so I got my license...then I developed severe arthitis in my ankle and had to have the joint fused with four screws, two plates and two bolts that severly limits the range of motion, in other words, riding is now out of the question :( ...but those two days during the class...ahhh, there really is nothing like riding a motorcycle......as least I had a taste....my best to all of you who ride!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I want one of these... :D

habbike.jpg

There was one similiar to that one at the T.O. MC show last year. It had the logos of all the original six on it. Only thing I didn't like about it was that fact that the Habs logo was right next to the bruins logo. :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

Like they say,,,"It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride". :)

So if I went to a bike show with a ride-able lawn mower like Lenny in that simpsons episode and say that i won't get laughed at?

Anyway, I wanna eventually buy a bike...heard from a cracked article there are reasons their no fun, and theres the obvious safety problem. But I think they are awesome :D

So if I went to a bike show with a ride-able lawn mower like Lenny in that simpsons episode and say that i won't get laughed at?

Anyway, I wanna eventually buy a bike...heard from a cracked article there are reasons their no fun, and theres the obvious safety problem. But I think they are awesome :D

You probably won't get laughed at at a MC show, becuase you would have to park it in the lot. :P

As for the "no fun" part, I compare it to a convertible car (or truck) only more fun. Cheap on gas too. I have a trailer for mine, and occasionally I will go to the beach, carrying a cpl of chairs, BBQ, cooler, change of clothes, etc.

Last year, I went camping with it and just loved it, and plan to go again this year.

As for saftey, I find I am more consious of other traffic when driving my truck, or riding my bike. Yes, I have had few close calls,,,but I haven't had to lay it down yet (knock on wood). I go with the saying that "they're out to kill you" (they, meaning car and truck drivers). Also, there is ATGATT, an acronym for All The Gear, All The Time, proper helmet, jacket, gloves, boots etc..

Do some research about which type of bike would be the right fit for you, and read about the accidents involving MCs (whose fault?), read about MC clubs, MC forums etc.

I have only been riding for 6 years, and have owned 4 bikes,,,,a 125cc automatic, a 400 cc automatic,,,,a 650, and now an 1100. When I go just for the ride, I pick a direction,,,not a destination.

Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog sticks his head out of the window. :)

You probably won't get laughed at at a MC show, becuase you would have to park it in the lot. :P

As for the "no fun" part, I compare it to a convertible car (or truck) only more fun. Cheap on gas too. I have a trailer for mine, and occasionally I will go to the beach, carrying a cpl of chairs, BBQ, cooler, change of clothes, etc.

Last year, I went camping with it and just loved it, and plan to go again this year.

As for saftey, I find I am more consious of other traffic when driving my truck, or riding my bike. Yes, I have had few close calls,,,but I haven't had to lay it down yet (knock on wood). I go with the saying that "they're out to kill you" (they, meaning car and truck drivers). Also, there is ATGATT, an acronym for All The Gear, All The Time, proper helmet, jacket, gloves, boots etc..

Do some research about which type of bike would be the right fit for you, and read about the accidents involving MCs (whose fault?), read about MC clubs, MC forums etc.

I have only been riding for 6 years, and have owned 4 bikes,,,,a 125cc automatic, a 400 cc automatic,,,,a 650, and now an 1100. When I go just for the ride, I pick a direction,,,not a destination.

Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog sticks his head out of the window. :)

Of course it is safer IMO than some think..but I still worry :P

2010-thunderbird-pacific-blue-fusion-white-386x234.png

This is a sharp bike though B) Triumph Thunderbird

Archived