The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Calgary Flames 2010-11

FirstStar

• 3 weeks later...

Is it just me or are the Sutter's making a mess of things in Calgary?

Ok, Tanguay had problems with the previous coach, so I can see him going back. But Jokinen, really?

And I thought Gillis a few years ago made a fool of himself, trying to lure Sundin to the nucks.

I think the Sutter's take the cake. Great hockey family (on the ice), but as coaches and GM's... Not so sure.

At least they got Jokinen a a better price this time around. I hope for their sake that the Flames make the playoffs this season.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Calgary Flames forward Olli Jokinen has been suspended for three games for his cross-check to the face of Phoenix Coyotes forward Wojtek Wolski in the Flames' 3-1 loss on Wednesday night.

The incident occurred in the third period of the game, and Jokinen was assessed a five-minute major and a game misconduct on the play.

In 17 games this season, Jokinen has two goals and six assists

• 2 weeks later...

What's your take on Sutter's tatic to rouse up his players by sending out 5 d-men out on the pp last night????

Different.....is it message sent????

• 2 weeks later...

What's your take on Sutter's tatic to rouse up his players by sending out 5 d-men out on the pp last night????

Different.....is it message sent????

Well thats different. :blink: Did they score?? :lol:

Did they score?? :lol:

Nope,lol.

But he was so peed off at the offense...he was sarcastically sending a message to them. :lol:

What ever works,though it didn't....would have been funny though had they scored.

So they were every bit as good as the 1st unit. :P:lol:

apparently. ;):lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Jarome Iginla vs. Jamie Benn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7JyoMh6QEk&feature=player_embedded#!

Man,I love this guy...everything he brings to his team...hell of a captain/player....all heart & soul...Way ta go Jarome,always stepping up when its needed for his team.

sutter_59394.jpg

SUTTER STEPS DOWN AS FLAMES GM; FEASTER NAMED SUCCESSOR

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=347102

I'm kinda surprised that this did not happen back in the off-season.

• 5 months later...

FLAMES' REGEHR ASKED TO WAIVE NO-MOVE CLAUSE

rr_54311.jpg

Sources say Robyn Regehr has been asked to waive his no-move clause and accept a trade to the Buffalo Sabres.

Regehr was contacted by the Flames on Wednesday, and there is no time frame as to when the Sabres need an answer from the defenceman.

The 31-year-old defenceman had two goals and 15 assists in 79 games played for the Calgary Flames last season and finished with a plus-two rating.

Regehr has two years remaining on his contract that has a cap hit of 4.02 million each year.

According to capgeek.com, the Flames have over $57 million committed to salaries for the 2011-12 season, and dealing Regehr would help in that respect.

Regehr has been a member of the Flames since breaking into the NHL in 1999 and had a career best six goals and 26 points in the 2005-06 season.

He was drafted by the Colorado Avalanche 19th overall in the 1998 Entry Draft.

More details to follow....TSN

Ryan Smyth heading to Calgary?......Really,what the heck........not Edmonton???? :huh:......oh this is gonna be good.:lol: :lol:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369870

FLAMES SIGN TANGUAY TO 5-YEAR, $17.5 MILLION EXTENSION

107776208-430x296.jpg

The Calgary Flames signed forward Alex Tanguay to a 5-year, $17.5 million contract extension on Saturday.

The 31-year-old centre was brought back by the Flames for a second stint with the club last season on a one-year, $1.7 million contract. His new deal will come at a cap hit of $3.5 million.

While the Flames were able to find some cap relief by trading veteran defenceman Robyn Regehr to the Sabres, this signing eliminates any possibility of Calgary trading for Ryan Smyth - whose expected deal to the Oilers has not been completed.

Tanguay finished last season with 22 goals and 47 assists in 79 games for Calgary.

In 818 career games, he has 225 goals and 686 points. He will be entering his 12th year in the league.

Archived