The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#81 Lars Eller 2010-11

FirstStar

According to the Blues fan forum, he's rated as injury prone. Like Markov I guess? ;)

He's going to be under a lot of pressure, given who he was traded for. I feel bad for the kid, especially if Pleks walks. He'll be tossed into the deep end pretty quick, and Montreal is a hard swim for young, rich, good looking Habs superstars.

I wonder, is it likely he will start the season in Hamilton, getting an opportunity to tear up the AHL? I know he did well there last season with Peoria based on some of the comments I have read. What would be best for his continued development? Stints in the NHL while spending the majority of 2010-2011 in Hamilton? Or should we just throw him into the NHL right away based on his training camp performance?

I wonder, is it likely he will start the season in Hamilton, getting an opportunity to tear up the AHL? I know he did well there last season with Peoria based on some of the comments I have read. What would be best for his continued development? Stints in the NHL while spending the majority of 2010-2011 in Hamilton? Or should we just throw him into the NHL right away based on his training camp performance?

The AHL for sure, let him get toughened up a bit, and away from the media who will be screaming foul when Halak is shining and Price is failing.

According to the Blues fan forum, he's rated as injury prone. Like Markov I guess? ;)

Ive heard this a couple of times but its so stupid.

He had one shoulder injury & then missed sizable amounts of time with Mononucleosis. If getting Mono is somehow related to being "injury prone" id like to know how! :lol:

The AHL for sure, let him get toughened up a bit, and away from the media who will be screaming foul when Halak is shining and Price is failing.

He had a very successful campaign in the AHL last year - leading his team in scoring in only 70 games. I think there's a better than 50% chance he'll start with the Habs - my only hope is that the scouts/coaches are fair in their assessment in whether he is indeed ready or not. If they are & he is, then there's no point in sending him down for the sake of it.

First welcome Lars.

Personally i think both Eller and Engqvist can and will (hope anyway) make strong cases for themselves during the camp. I must admit that I havent seen either of them on small rinks but know both from SEL and they do have talent to make it and then some! Good luck guys, take your chance from the start.

First welcome Lars.

Personally i think both Eller and Engqvist can and will (hope anyway) make strong cases for themselves during the camp. I must admit that I havent seen either of them on small rinks but know both from SEL and they do have talent to make it and then some! Good luck guys, take your chance from the start.

Its something that St Louis brass had talked about - they seemed very impressed with how he has adapted to far.

Blues President John Davidson (back when Eller was still their property):

“When you see a young man come over from Europe, you’re not sure how long it will take him to adapt to the smaller ice surface... you have to pay the price, but he was willing to do that. There’s others that aren’t willing to do that. We appreciate his attitude.”

Interview with his dad http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles/c-est...lars-18609.html

(the article is in French but the audio clip is in English)

Lars' father is the coach of Denmark U-20 national team. A very proud man today who compares being traded to the Habs to a young soccer player making it for Man U or Barcelona :)

Ive heard this a couple of times but its so stupid.

He had one shoulder injury & then missed sizable amounts of time with Mononucleosis. If getting Mono is somehow related to being "injury prone" id like to know how! :lol:

He had a very successful campaign in the AHL last year - leading his team in scoring in only 70 games. I think there's a better than 50% chance he'll start with the Habs - my only hope is that the scouts/coaches are fair in their assessment in whether he is indeed ready or not. If they are & he is, then there's no point in sending him down for the sake of it.

Yes I agree, it's stupid. I also don't agree with it for Markov either, which is why the winky wink.

I think he's likely to get thrown into the deep end, especially if Pleks walks. His reports are good - and bad - depending on who you read, etc., like every player. Even with only the glowing reports, tho, his potential is not guaranteed to automatically translate into NHL talent, despite what some posters and pundits are saying, and I worry about the pressures of playing in Montreal both re: this team's fans expectations and the city's temptations.

I wish Boucher was still here now more than ever. I'd feel better about this club's ability to handle him properly and bring him up rather quickly.

Archived