The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Fan Ruckus Beyond Mtl

On KTLA - an LA cable channel - there was for the past two weeks commercials basically pleading for the fans not to do this again. The commercial probably ran 5 times every hour.

BTW - I am still mourning my teams loss.

First I had the ominous 13th man Grey Cup, then my Habs couldn't get a puck past Leighton, now this. Oh woe is me.

Just thought I would share this link to LA celebrations after the Lakers won ...

It's not just Montreal - I know "we" know, but the flack that Montreal fans get for being 'un-classy' and 'unruly' is just plain silly - it happens everywhere.

Awe,that's nothing...we can top that. :lol: ...............but yes,your right...happens other places at times.

I laughed at a comment that a sportscaster on TSN said this morning after watching fans jumping on a car.

When fans going to a victory game as such in environments likes this.....WHY DO THEY PARK THEIR CARS CLOSE TO THE ARENAS? :lol: ...hell I know. :P

People acting this way after something like a sporting event has got me shuddering to think of how they'll act the face of calamity. They'll have us sane folks echoing the words of the great Bruce Dickinson as we fleet shouting, "Run to the Hills! Run for your life!"

:lol:

Let's face it, the idiot's that do this here or anywhere else are not sports fans. They're the same bunch of attention hungry drunks at any bar looking for an excuse to fight. I wish they would stay at the bars and leave the rest of us alone at the arena.

Nah, in Columbus, it really is OSU fans who do the rioting. Thankfully, the area surrounding the stadium is mostly student housing, so it's already pretty crappy, haha.

Just thought I would share this link to LA celebrations after the Lakers won ...

It's not just Montreal - I know "we" know, but the flack that Montreal fans get for being 'un-classy' and 'unruly' is just plain silly - it happens everywhere.

the worst part about the la thing is that they won last year too...not like they lack championships lol they win em so often over there...

Archived