The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Lindros In The Hockey Hall Of Fame?

Kubby31

Meh. He probably deserves it. I know he was limited because of injury, but from 92 to 99, if he was in the lineup, he was the most dominant player in the game. Considerably over a PPG for 9 of his 12 seasons. Scoring almost 2 PPG in a couple.

I know he wasnt the most popular guy off the ice (especially in quebec) but if we base it purely on what he did on the ice, the guy deserves a chance to be in the HOF.

Meh. He probably deserves it. I know he was limited because of injury, but from 92 to 99, if he was in the lineup, he was the most dominant player in the game. Considerably over a PPG for 9 of his 12 seasons. Scoring almost 2 PPG in a couple.

I know he wasnt the most popular guy off the ice (especially in quebec) but if we base it purely on what he did on the ice, the guy deserves a chance to be in the HOF.

It's an interesting debate, his goal scoring rate was awesome in his prime, especially during the dead puck era. Here's the thing, people with injury shortened careers do get in a fair bit but it hurts that he hung around after his injuries and became a mediocre player towards the end. That's the last memory the voters have of him, unlike say, Cam Neely, who was still a pretty dominant force when he had to retire.

The hockey hall of fame is the easiest to get into, the standards are no where near as high as say, the baseball hall of fame. I think he has a pretty good chance. Maybe not 1st ballot but I do think he eventually gets in.

it hurts that he hung around after his injuries and became a mediocre player towards the end. That's the last memory the voters have of him, unlike say, Cam Neely, who was still a pretty dominant force when he had to retire.

Very good point.

The hockey hall of fame is the easiest to get into, the standards are no where near as high as say, the baseball hall of fame. I think he has a pretty good chance. Maybe not 1st ballot but I do think he eventually gets in.

I also agree. Depends who else is eligible this year, but I could definitely see it taking a couple of years.

If Cam Neely is in, Lindros should be in. At one time, Lindros was the best and most dominant player in the league. That has to count for something. That can not be said for the majority of players already in the Hall. All were very good, but very few can lay claim to the fact , that for a period of time, they were the best or at least top 2 players in the world.

why and why?

he was a GREAT hockey player.

I have numerous reasons.

Not enough games played.

Never a 50 goal season

Under 500 goals ( i beleive he didnt even hit 400 without looking it up)

Under 1000 points

I know he averaged the point a game stat but IMO,,,not enough of a factor on its own.

And to boot,,,,i have a hard time electing a guy to the HOF that publicly states he wouldnt play for the team that drafted him. Left a bad taste in my mouth and i'm sure the people doing the voting might feel the same. I'm not saying to never let him in the HOF, but IMO,,,,way too early.

He had 4 to 5 dominant years in the League and was pretty much a non factor after that. Too many injuries.

Being elected to the Hall just isn't about stats though,,,,,, it's about who best represented the game, the league and their teams,, on and off the ice. Its also about respecting the game.

If Cam Neely is in, Lindros should be in. At one time, Lindros was the best and most dominant player in the league. That has to count for something. That can not be said for the majority of players already in the Hall. All were very good, but very few can lay claim to the fact , that for a period of time, they were the best or at least top 2 players in the world.

Can't stand the guy but he belongs IMO.

+1 on both points.

• 2 months later...

Being elected to the Hall just isn't about stats though,,,,,, it's about who best represented the game, the league and their teams,, on and off the ice. Its also about respecting the game.

Koivu :P? jkjk or am i

i was to young to remember lindros so i abstain from voting

i was to young to remember lindros so i abstain from voting

Another star player that if not had his career ended short due to injuries......what if????

Agreed.

Surely though, the whole Nordiques thing is enough to stop him playing, refusing to play for the Nordiques is a big thing really, was purely an anti French thing, he wouldn't have played for Montreal probably because they are in Quebec, just saying, to me, that's quite a big thing =/

Archived