The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Sign Mathieu Darche To 1 Year Contract

meh i would rather a youngster (white,Conboy etc..) take his spot. Why did he have to sign him now and not a week in to july.

There's still room for White to take Moore's or Metropolit's spot.

Yeah, I really disliked Darche last season. I am, however, glad to see that P.G. isn't handing out $1.5 million deals to 4th line players like Bob would. Had Bob signed this deal Darche may have been getting closer to $1 million instead of the $550K that he deserves. No worries about sending him through waivers either. If he doesn't earn his spot, we can always just send him to Hamilton.

The french interview on RDS is hilarious, he sounds like he won the lottery. gotta love him

just a hometown guy who probably would have taken 100k to keep wearing the jersey...gotta love a guy like that good for him DARCHE VADER!

just a hometown guy who probably would have taken 100k to keep wearing the jersey...gotta love a guy like that good for him DARCHE VADER!

I don't think it's the jersey as much as it is just playing the game. I think had he not been contacted by anyone, he would've taken whatever he could get in the AHL. I think he's one of those guys who don't take things for granted and he just really wants to play the game, regardless of how much he makes.

I think it's funny that most people are complaining about this signing....Saying we should give the ice-time to a prospect...Why? I don't understand the mentality...Darche in my opinion has earned a 4th line spot...Let him have it...Let him play a full year and see what he can do...I'd bet money that he outworks any of our prospects...

I don't think it's the jersey as much as it is just playing the game. I think had he not been contacted by anyone, he would've taken whatever he could get in the AHL. I think he's one of those guys who don't take things for granted and he just really wants to play the game, regardless of how much he makes.

i duno about that...no one may have contacted him yet, but they wouldnt have been allowed to before july 1st when he would have become a ufa...if he just wanted to play and didnt really care about the jersey, he would have waited to test free agency again

I think it's funny that most people are complaining about this signing....Saying we should give the ice-time to a prospect...Why? I don't understand the mentality...Darche in my opinion has earned a 4th line spot...Let him have it...Let him play a full year and see what he can do...I'd bet money that he outworks any of our prospects...

I actually think a vet like Darche is the best thing for the 4th line in a limited role... The prospects I want to see need more icetime playing with minimum 3rd line minutes.

I'd prefer to give a roster spot to Darche and see him in the press box on occasion,,, rather then watching a guy like Maxwell sit up there for long stretches,,, like we saw in the playoffs. At half a mill in Cap space,,,,its a no brainer.

I'd prefer to give a roster spot to Darche and see him in the press box on occasion,,, rather then watching a guy like Maxwell sit up there for long stretches,,, like we saw in the playoffs. At half a mill in Cap space,,,,its a no brainer.

Seriously... I'd be really pissed off if I were Maxwell. lol

I'm happy for Darche though!

Staaaaan... Daaaaarsh...

Stan. Darsh. Darshy Daaarsh

Stan Daaarsh

Stan Darsh, Standarsh

Stan Daaaaarsh Daaarsh

Stan Darsh...

As soon as I saw you posted in this thread I knew this is exactly what it would be. lol

Archived