The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Florida Sends Horton To Boston

this is a good day to be a bruins fan ,wow lucic ,,savard ,horton ,will be a very good line ,now can,t wait to get seguin ,on fri wow seguin bergy and recchi as a line things keep getting better in bruinsnation can,t wait

Edmonton will go for Seguin wouldn't they?

Good trade for both teams, Florida's rebuilding (again) and got good picks and saved a bit of money. Boston got a great top 6 winger, will be a force once again in the East.

Id think Boston, because of their depth at Center would want Hall in the draft, they could maybe put a trade together giving up Michael Ryder, the #32 pick overall (Toronto's 2nd) and the #2 overall (Seguin) for the #1 (Taylor Hall) and Sheldon Souray and a forward prospect on Edmonton's end (though not Eberle or Svensson Paajarvi or Omark or Rajala). After all they have Savard, Bergeron and Krejci so there isnt much of a problem up the middle.

Lucic-Savard-Horton

Hall-Bergeron-Sturm

A very good top 6.

As a Habs fan, I really hated this trade, I know they had an extra 1st round pick they could trade but still dammit. Leafs and Bruins, gotta hate em' :angry: ...but I'm still hoping we can sign a RW on july 1st. Colby Armstrong??

Good trade for both teams, Florida's rebuilding (again) and got good picks and saved a bit of money. Boston got a great top 6 winger, will be a force once again in the East.

Id think Boston, because of their depth at Center would want Hall in the draft, they could maybe put a trade together giving up Michael Ryder, the #32 pick overall (Toronto's 2nd) and the #2 overall (Seguin) for the #1 (Taylor Hall) and Sheldon Souray and a forward prospect on Edmonton's end (though not Eberle or Svensson Paajarvi or Omark or Rajala). After all they have Savard, Bergeron and Krejci so there isnt much of a problem up the middle.

Lucic-Savard-Horton

Hall-Bergeron-Sturm

A very good top 6.

How long Florida have been re-building again? Seems like forever. :lol:

How long Florida have been re-building again? Seems like forever. :lol:

A decade I guess since thats how long its been since theyve been in the playoffs. I think they will be alright in a couple years once Kulikov, Ellerby, Frolik and Markstrom develop, and theyll get a lot of value when they trade Vokoun (I assume theyll be 11-15th in the east again).

Although Vokoun may have a no-movement clause.

I would've loved to get Horton... Not that we needed another centre, but Horton is also capable of playing on the wing.

I would've shipped the Kos brother's off for a shot at this kid. In the end, his contract wouldn't have saved us any money, but it sure would've helped with depth on our top lines. He could've played either on the Gomez or Pleks line (which is where i would put him) and if by a stroke of bad luck, Gomez or Pleks is injured, he could've taken over at centre.

I know it was a long shot, but my heart dropped when I heard Horton had been traded to Boston.

Boston is going to be a tough team to play against next season.

Lucic-Savard-Horton

Hall-Bergeron-Sturm

A very good top 6.

Wow the top line of Lucic Savard and Horton scored a total of 39 goals last year I bet all the teams in the Eastern conf. are shaking in their boats!! :P

Archived