The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Byufglien To Atlanta?

EHIW

My gawd... So much goes on from the time I leave work til the time I get into the house (and it's only a 7 minutes drive). Every time I leave work, nothing happens, TSN is the same all day (no changes), but I leave work, take the long 7 minute drive and by the time I get home, players have been traded or signed.

Not sure I like him going to the eastern conference. I was perfectly happy having him in the west.

We knew it was coming, they had to shed salary and now that they've won the cup... Mission accomplished. Expect a few more players to leave this summer (from Chicago). Too bad we're so tight against the cap, there are some good players on the Hawks that I wouldn't of minded seeing in a Habs uniform.

A case of "sell high" for Chicago. Buffy isn't a great player or anything, but coming off a great playoffs. I would have liked to have seen him here, as we could use a big body in front of the net. However, I have a feeling we would have had to overpay for a player who isn't naturally gifted and could easily do nothing for the rest of his career.

How does Atlanta benefit from this trade?

They probably have their eye on someone else... Someone who Buff will be making some room for.

Or maybe they just want to add some grit. It does seem odd now that Kovalchuk and Hossa are no longer in Atlanta.

How does Atlanta benefit from this trade?

They add size, muscle and someone who breaks out in the playoffs plus eager was in the mix and Hawks shot blocking machine Sopel. So pretty much a defensive players with playoff experience, but Atlanta did have an extra 1st round pick from the Kovalchuk trade. So good deal for them.

I like this trade, means Boston won't have that extra muscle help they've been rumored with. ;)

They add size, muscle and someone who breaks out in the playoffs plus eager was in the mix and Hawks shot blocking machine Sopel. So pretty much a defensive players with playoff experience, but Atlanta did have an extra 1st round pick from the Kovalchuk trade. So good deal for them.

I like this trade, means Boston won't have that extra muscle help they've been rumored with. ;)

Thank gawd for that, they already have Horton and will be getting either Hall or Seguin.

Guest ForeverGuyLafleur
A case of "sell high" for Chicago. Buffy isn't a great player or anything, but coming off a great playoffs. I would have liked to have seen him here, as we could use a big body in front of the net. However, I have a feeling we would have had to overpay for a player who isn't naturally gifted and could easily do nothing for the rest of his career.

That's really unfair commenting on the guy. As long as he applies fundamentals of going to the net (which seems to be natural thing for him), he will have a Tomas Holmstrom-type career and I would have that kind of player with my team at any moment. However, I still can't believe PG didn't look closer to Chicago's sales in order to grab us something (Byfuglien or even Sharp for the record) there while selling one or both Kostitsyns would be a good idea (that *beep* Sergei seems to like it when playing with Patrick Kane.)

You wanna help Tomas Plekanec to become a way better player after giving him a new contract? Give him players of the same mould as the Byfugliens and Sharps of this world. <_<

That's really unfair commenting on the guy. As long as he applies fundamentals of going to the net (which seems to be natural thing for him), he will have a Tomas Holmstrom-type career and I would have that kind of player with my team at any moment. However, I still can't believe PG didn't look closer to Chicago's sales in order to grab us something (Byfuglien or even Sharp for the record) there while selling one or both Kostitsyns would be a good idea (that *beep* Sergei seems to like it when playing with Patrick Kane.)

You wanna help Tomas Plekanec to become a way better player after giving him a new contract? Give him players of the same mould as the Byfugliens and Sharps of this world. <_<

Byufglien-Pleks-Cammi would be nice......

That's really unfair commenting on the guy. As long as he applies fundamentals of going to the net (which seems to be natural thing for him), he will have a Tomas Holmstrom-type career and I would have that kind of player with my team at any moment.

I don't think it's unfair at all, remember it was only a couple of months ago he wasn't even playing as a forward. To declare he'll have a long career at the position after a couple of months seems premature to say the least.

Ends up being Byfuglien, Sopel, Eager and Aliu for Reasoner, Morin, Crabb and New Jersey's 1st and 2nd round picks from the Kovalchuk trade. I actually thought someone would overpay more here but I guess with the Hawks salary woes its a good deal for them freeing up 4.2 million in cap space. Plus I believe they have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds now.

Archived