The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#42 Jarred Tinordi 2012-2013

Kubby31

Yes, and its not like our PK has been good. A strong, well-running PK maybe you give Tinordi ice time towards teh end of a game we're winning handily. The way our PK is right now, we cant afford to put anyone out that isnt the best we have.

Exactly, I don't see MT putting Tinordi on the PK. His foot speed isn't the best (not bad for a guy of his size) and with the odd man rushes we give up, I'd like to see Josh, Emelin or even soup back there. Not a kid playing in the NHL for the first time. As Jed mentioned, MT wouldn't try him out in a tight game, he'll make sure to test him when we have a comfortable lead.

Logically you'd want to ease the kid into action, not just throw him to the wolves. If he proves he can handle the speed at this level, I can see MT trying Tinordi on the PK.

Just a comment I read in the comments section of an article, re his call-up.

"He must have passed the embellishment course."

:lol:

Habs brought in a European soccer coach to teach them the art of diving. :P

IMHO, I see Jarred as a Hal Gill type of player. In 55 GP this year he has 2G and 9A, and no goals on the PP, so I doubt if we'll see him there. I can see him on the PK tho (possibly with Gorges or the 2nd unit), and some 5 on 5 to start.. He's 6'6", and 218#, so he has reach.

Think he plays with more sand paper than Gill, most of his PM this year are from fights. TSN 690 interviewed somebody from Hamilton yesterday and they said he is almost 6'8 so I would think his weight has gone up some as well.

Hope he does well.

I dont want to get to excited because defense can take years for a young player to develop into, but Tinordi looked quite good with sheltered minutes & assignments.

Him & Frankie together was pretty funny though - frank is one of the 5 shortest players in the league & Tinordi has got to be close to a top 5 in height.

Why's that?

Therrien plays bouillon an gorges on the power play, who's to say they won't play Tinordi, who is a great penalty killer, on the penalty kill?

It's just not often you see a midseason call up playing special teams right off the bat. No slight to Tinordi. As for him being a great PKer, that remains to be seen. In the games I've watched in Hamilton he looks great at times but at times it looks like he's still learning, which makes sense. He didn't get any special teams minutes Saturday. He may play his way into them eventually, maybe even shortly but like I said, I didn't think he would initially because coaches don't just hand out assignments like that.

If he is here to stay and Diaz is back soon I think Kaberle will have a new home by trade deadline. Tinordi has definitely kept it simple and fit in. If Tinordi sticks around this team will be even more nasty in their own end and I think we already have a lot of grit with Emelin, Subban, and Boullion. Each pairing currently has someone who can hit and Jared will only add to that. Therien may have the best defensive core in the NHL in front of him, if not now soon. The points the D are putting up make this team extremely difficult to defend. Tinordi has an excellent core of teammates to learn from. Emelin's improvement this year has been fantastic and Diaz was headed in the same direction before getting hurt.

If he is here to stay and Diaz is back soon I think Kaberle will have a new home by trade deadline. Tinordi has definitely kept it simple and fit in. If Tinordi sticks around this team will be even more nasty in their own end and I think we already have a lot of grit with Emelin, Subban, and Boullion. Each pairing currently has someone who can hit and Jared will only add to that. Therien may have the best defensive core in the NHL in front of him, if not now soon. The points the D are putting up make this team extremely difficult to defend. Tinordi has an excellent core of teammates to learn from. Emelin's improvement this year has been fantastic and Diaz was headed in the same direction before getting hurt.

I don't think Tinordi will stay up the entire year here, but he's clearly being primed to start the season here next year (when Kaberle will without a doubt be bought out). I'd believe the Habs are also looking to replace Markov with Beaulieu in two years. If you sit on Subban, Tinordi, Gorges, Emelin, Beaulieu, Diaz and maybe Ellis or Pateryn, then it certainly shows you have the ability to trade a couple of those younger guys to try and upgrade (as I've said, perhaps a deal involving Beaulieu or Ellis or Diaz to try to get Yandle).

I don't think Tinordi will stay up the entire year here, but he's clearly being primed to start the season here next year (when Kaberle will without a doubt be bought out). I'd believe the Habs are also looking to replace Markov with Beaulieu in two years. If you sit on Subban, Tinordi, Gorges, Emelin, Beaulieu, Diaz and maybe Ellis or Pateryn, then it certainly shows you have the ability to trade a couple of those younger guys to try and upgrade (as I've said, perhaps a deal involving Beaulieu or Ellis or Diaz to try to get Yandle).

I'm with you, I don't think he'll stay up either. Think they're simply preparing him for the eventual jump. Either start with the habs or join later on in the season.

Again, that's what I'm thinking, we have a lot of young promising dmen and if they continue to develop we may have Ellis, Beaulieu, Tinordi and Pateryn as NHL ready dmen. Then we'll have some real assets to help plug other holes. Defensively, I think we're pretty set , they all seem to be developing into NHL players. Will they all be top pairing guys, I strongly doubt it, but we have some young guys that could fill out our entire d core if we wanted to. You do want to throw in a few vets, so I don't think they'll all end up playing for our habs.

This club has a long history of bringing up its young prospects for a short stay with the big club and that has been my thoughts with Tinordi too, but there have been a few that have stuck. Bergevin seems to be bringng some of the old traditions back and I think it will work again. We clearly have the talent within our system to produce a highly competitive team now and the future is looking bright. I don't really think a Yandle deal is possible financially or with TOI as he will need to get minutes from somebody. I posted a while ago that this team appears to have really turned the corner since losing to Boston in 7 games. we spent years plugging holes with UFA's and small deal but it has payed off as Timmins has produced the picks and we appear on pretty solid ground. This team has an excellent crop of homegrown talent entering the system.

• 4 weeks later...