The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#42 Jarred Tinordi 2012-2013

Kubby31

If he can continue what he's been doing for the past couple games then I'm thrilled to have him in the lineup.

Yup. Didnt look horrible in his first stint here, but definitely more at ease now. Dont know if he cant take emelin's spot for the short term but he's bringing some much needed grit to the blueline without looking out of place on most plays.

The thing about Tinordi that caught me off guard in a good way is his play at the offensive blue line. Just throwin that out there.

Agreed. I expected him to be decent defensively but I didnt think his offensive game was going to be as good as it has been. Not necessarily putting points up, but making good plays to keep the puck in at the line, putting pucks to the net and making simple plays. Looking good.

I know it's easy for him to get overlooked with some other players doing really well, but we shouldn't forget what Tinordi has been doing. Just solid, solid hockey from a rookie in his first playoff series. I don't think it's a coincidence that our D has looked significantly better since he joined in.

He doesn't look like a rookie, which is fantastic. Obviously, the skill level and what he's being asked to do is not the same of what we asked Subban to do a couple of years ago, but he's keeping his game simple, taking the body, clearing his own zone, getting his shots through traffic... can't ask for anything more.