Height: 6' 0"

Weight: 187

Shoots: Left

Born: 16 Jul 1986 (Age 23)

Birthplace: Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Drafted: CGY / 2004 NHL Entry Draft

Round: 3rd (98th overall)

----------------------------------------------

This is Boyd's temporary player thread until we update them all for the 2010-2011 season

----------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Habs Dustin :)

I read in the other thread you saw him play, so I'm happy to hear your assessment.

Welcome Dustin. I look forward to seeing you play. :D

Heh, heh... A former Moose Jaw Warrior, Dustin is. I grew up in Moose Jaw--and now I live in Calgary... it's like I've been charged with keeping an eye on this guy! I'm gratified to see his destiny is to be a Hab!

This is funny, I made this trade in my NHL 10 and he has been a BEAST! hahaha! Note: In NHL 09 I made the Cammalleri deal too, seems as though I have a crystal ball, now if only the real Habs could win the Cup like my NHL 10 Habs have twice now!

Best of luck Boyd, I watched you in Calgary a lot and think that you will be a terrific 3rd liner!

Great signing imo!

solid deal.

we traded a disgruntled yet talented winger for a hard working grinder with good defensive upside. A potential top 6 risk for more of a bottom six sure thing. I can live with that. Also, I think a couple more guys like Boyd on our team last year & we would have lasted more than 5 games against the flyers.

solid deal.

we traded a disgruntled yet talented winger for a hard working grinder with good defensive upside. A potential top 6 risk for more of a bottom six sure thing. I can live with that. Also, I think a couple more guys like Boyd on our team last year & we would have lasted more than 5 games against the flyers.

I agree, 100%

Question about his contract:

He was UFA because he wasnt qualified...now we sign him to a 1 year deal. Does that mean he's UFA next summer again? Or would he revert back to RFA? I suspect its the former, but Ive never heard of a situation like this...

Guest NvidiaN
Question about his contract:

He was UFA because he wasnt qualified...now we sign him to a 1 year deal. Does that mean he's UFA next summer again? Or would he revert back to RFA? I suspect its the former, but Ive never heard of a situation like this...

According to nhlnumbers, he'll be an RFA.

I was satisfied with Dominic Moore, if Boyd is replacing him I'd normally expect 10 goals and 30 points stretching at that pace in the place. Since he signed for less, I think 25 points would be adequate... about the pace he played for last year.

Well I've been talking to a few friends that are flames fans and this guy seemed to be a real fan favorite in calgary. I've also been looking around the Preds board and same thing. Everywhere this guy has played he's been praised so I'm pretty excited that PG was able to sign him. I know he's not gonna be some superstar but I have a good feeling about Dustin Boyd.

Cap friendly contract. Should be able to play a solid two way game which will help our 3rd and 4th line. Basically S.Kostitsyn for Boyd. I did like Sergei but I also knew that the writing was on the wall and getting a solid player like Boyd is far better then a bag of pucks.

The bottom 6 forwards should have a combined $6 to $9 million cap hit for an average of $1 million to $1.5 million. This contract should help our team re-sign Moore.

:rolleyes: HANDS THIS KIDS GOT A PACKAGE!!Moved from Montreal to Moose Jaw sask 9 years ago... became a big fan of the Moose Jaw Warriors right away...Watched him start of his major junior life in moose jaw and seen a great player with soft hands and a very sweet skater start busting up the league...Montreal watch this kid play... he has what its gonna take to play here just ask Carey Price lol he seen him a few times back in the days....we got him for One year now just dont loose him I know he has what it takes !!! pleck he isent yet but he has what it takes to become a pleck!!! ;)

Welcome, Dustin!

Every time you score, I find myself saying, "What?! This guy has Hands!"

I don't expect any problems from him, so it is good to unload Sergei (I guess) but I do expect good two way hockey, 50% hopefully higher in the faceoff dot and 25-30 points. He will never have Sergei's hands I don't think, but speed or trickiness I know nothing about for this guy

Archived