The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#13 Michael Cammalleri 2010-11

fourtrax

#13 MICHAEL CAMMALLERI

8469500.jpg

BioStatsVideoDraft Class
QUOTE LIBRARY

“Mike loved to practise,” says Clarke. “But when practice was over, he used to step on his dad’s toe, because his dad would be chatting to every parent. That was a sign to say: ‘Let’s get home.’ He didn’t want to hang around the rink. He’d go home, do his homework, then go down the basement, turn on the radio and shoot pucks until it was time to go to bed.” thestar.com

This season could be Mike's best yet considering he has had to change teams three of the last four years. Hopefully the team has no more key injuries like Markov's, and his linemates are healthy for the whole season it would be nice to see how good they will become.

So excited for hockey to start up again and so excited (still) that he is a Hab.

Here is to your best season Cammy....injury free (*knock on wood*) ;)

One of our best "makes-a-lot-of-sense" signing in quite sometime......fan favorite & well like dude all around.

I'm not sure he has 40 goals in him on a Habs team that cannot net 5-on-5 goals. If, for some magical reason, the team starts firing on all cylinders next year then yes, maybe he can hit 40 goals. However, I wouldn't hold my breath hoping that it happens. I expect closer to 30-35 goals for Cammalleri.

last year the majority of cammalleri's goals where 5 on 5. Problem was i think he was one of the only players hwo scored 5 on 5 lol.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure he has 40 goals in him on a Habs team that cannot net 5-on-5 goals. If, for some magical reason, the team starts firing on all cylinders next year then yes, maybe he can hit 40 goals. However, I wouldn't hold my breath hoping that it happens. I expect closer to 30-35 goals for Cammalleri.

Honestly, unless we find or produce another dangerous scorer, I think we'll see a lot more keying-in on Cammalleri this season. There's more tape available of him in the Habs system and teams saw how dangerous he was in the playoffs. Gionta hopefully will be able to produce at a rate that will keep other teams honest, but I'd say 30 goals for Cammalleri would be a success this year.

Honestly, unless we find or produce another dangerous scorer, I think we'll see a lot more keying-in on Cammalleri this season. There's more tape available of him in the Habs system and teams saw how dangerous he was in the playoffs. Gionta hopefully will be able to produce at a rate that will keep other teams honest, but I'd say 30 goals for Cammalleri would be a success this year.

You may turn out to be right, but I'm hoping that the Gomez line can be more consistent out the gate and AK has a good enough season that teams can't focus solely on shutting down Cammalleri.

If Cams, Pleks, and AK can stay reasonably healthy this season and Andrei doesn't lapse into a coma, the line should be a lot more dangerous.

That's always a concern... But, I'm hoping it will open things up for Andrei and get him on the right track again. If teams will be covering Cammer, then that could mean more ice for Andrei and Pleks.

Great chance for Andrei to have a bounce back season.

You may turn out to be right, but I'm hoping that the Gomez line can be more consistent out the gate and AK has a good enough season that teams can't focus solely on shutting down Cammalleri.

If Cams, Pleks, and AK can stay reasonably healthy this season and Andrei doesn't lapse into a coma, the line should be a lot more dangerous.

Even if AK goes to sleep, double-teaming Cammalleri is already a bad idea because Plekanec is as good as he is.

That line was very productive last year even when Maxime Lapierre was playing on it.

Cammalleri is a great player who is fairly consistent in the past several years, we got him at a discount, and the only thing we have to fear is injury.

Cammalleri is going to have a great season,with Tomas Plekanec leading the way the first line is going to be among the top lines in the league. The Habs are no longer without an identity, they are the team that beat Pittsburgh and Washington in two successive seven game series. They are a team that doesn't give up, regardless of how people tell them they haven't got a chance. They are a team that finds a way to stop the best offensive teams in the NHL. They are the team that was built last summer, and dealt with the 2nd worst man days to injury through the season and still made the playoffs.Mike Cammalleri was a part of that team, a great leader and inspiration for the fans as well as his teammates. With the trades made in the last month the Habs will be a stronger team, armed with the knowledge that they beat the best regular season team (Washington) and upset the reigning Stanley Cup Champions (Pittsburgh) the Montreal Canadiens know they are now a serious contender for the Stanley Cup. I expect the Habs to come into 2010/11 season with unbridled optimism, Mike, AK and Tomas leading the way. Go Habs Go!

Cammalleri is going to have a great season,with Tomas Plekanec leading the way the first line is going to be among the top lines in the league. The Habs are no longer without an identity, they are the team that beat Pittsburgh and Washington in two successive seven game series. They are a team that doesn't give up, regardless of how people tell them they haven't got a chance. They are a team that finds a way to stop the best offensive teams in the NHL. They are the team that was built last summer, and dealt with the 2nd worst man days to injury through the season and still made the playoffs.Mike Cammalleri was a part of that team, a great leader and inspiration for the fans as well as his teammates. With the trades made in the last month the Habs will be a stronger team, armed with the knowledge that they beat the best regular season team (Washington) and upset the reigning Stanley Cup Champions (Pittsburgh) the Montreal Canadiens know they are now a serious contender for the Stanley Cup. I expect the Habs to come into 2010/11 season with unbridled optimism, Mike, AK and Tomas leading the way. Go Habs Go!

we're missing the reason we even got that far

h to the a to the l to the... forget it

• 2 weeks later...
In the 19 playoff games Cammalleri played, he picked up half the amount of goals he picked up in 65 regular season games.

It might be a lot to ask, but can Cammy elevate his regular season game to that of the playoffs?

*gets a calculator* 56 goals? I guess we can dream, but I doubt it.

In the 19 playoff games Cammalleri played, he picked up half the amount of goals he picked up in 65 regular season games.

It might be a lot to ask, but can Cammy elevate his regular season game to that of the playoffs?

*gets a calculator* 56 goals? I guess we can dream, but I doubt it.

I wouldn't count Mikey out on scoring 56 goals it's not as though it's never been done before.With the proper line and no injuries, this is quite possible. This is not to say that is what should be expected, but, wouldn't it be nice it's been a long time since Stephane Richer did it.

Archived