The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#14 Tomas Plekanec 2010-11

fourtrax

#14 TOMAS PLEKANEC

8469521.jpg

BioStatsVideoDraft Class
QUOTE LIBRARY

"Playing in Montreal is special – ask any player in the League and he's going to tell you that playing in Montreal, whether you're playing for Montreal or against Montreal is special. I have a chance to be a part of the Montreal organization for another six years. I've been part of the organization for eight years already, so I know what it's all about. The city of Montreal – I love it." nhl.com

#14 TOMAS PLEKANEC

8469521.jpg

BioStatsVideoDraft Class

QUOTE LIBRARY

"Playing in Montreal is special – ask any player in the League and he's going to tell you that playing in Montreal, whether you're playing for Montreal or against Montreal is special. I have a chance to be a part of the Montreal organization for another six years. I've been part of the organization for eight years already, so I know what it's all about. The city of Montreal – I love it." nhl.com

Great Quote Plekanec is a true leader in all aspects for the Habs and Montreal, I love it Hab through and Through!

I hope AK will help Pleky this season. If he does, he'll reach that 70 points in no time again this season. For someone who didn't miss any games during the regular season, he did alot of hard work with alot of mix line mates, but still managed to put up 70 points. 5m a year for Pleky? Sounds about right for the hard worker. ;)

I hope AK will help Pleky this season. If he does, he'll reach that 70 points in no time again this season. For someone who didn't miss any games during the regular season, he did alot of hard work with alot of mix line mates, but still managed to put up 70 points. 5m a year for Pleky? Sounds about right for the hard worker. ;)

Completely agree. He was our best and most consistent regular season performer. His play-off work was also, IMO, under-appreciated. I am very happy with the deal we gave Tomas a few weeks ago. I think it's awesome to see someone we drafted and developed paying off for Montreal in a big way.

Since Plekanec is more of a playmaker than a goal-scorer, all he needs to score 70 points again is to have good, healthy linemates with him. And he seems to score about 20-25 goals if we have a healthy season out of him.

if cammy doesn't get hurt and a.k stops taking naps, he could hit 80 easy

I just pray that this thread stays relatively empty this year. His big contract is going to come with big expectations to produce. I love the signing, though, since the thing with Pleky is that he's contributing even when he's not getting points... but that probably won't do much to assuage the crowd at the Bell Centre.

Good to have you back Tomas.

I am so happy with the signing, Pleks is one of the hardest workers in the league, he left money on the table to stay here,I hope the fans appreciate that, Pleks plays all over the ice and in every situation there are not many who can do that,what ever happens he will always give his all and never give up, I think he is just so great and I wish I was ------

years younger, he is an all round great player and seems like the same as a person which to my mind is just as important on a team, love you Pleks so happy you are still here

GO PLEKY GO :D :D

GO HABS GO :D :D

Well, he was leading the league in assists and second only to Sedin in points at about the midway point in the season, wasnt he? :)

Dammit, Jedi, STOP MAKING ME HOPE! :P :P :P

Seriously, he carried the line at the start of the season when neither Cammalleri nor AK was producing, he carried it when AK went into his seasonal hibernation mode, and he carried it when Cammalleri got injured. If his wingers stay healthy and even moderately consistent, I don't see why Tomas couldn't hit 80 points.

Dammit, Jedi, STOP MAKING ME HOPE! :P :P :P

Seriously, he carried the line at the start of the season when neither Cammalleri nor AK was producing, he carried it when AK went into his seasonal hibernation mode, and he carried it when Cammalleri got injured. If his wingers stay healthy and even moderately consistent, I don't see why Tomas couldn't hit 80 points.

Without a doubt he could hit 80. I don't think anyone will ever contest his regular season scoring abilities. It's the playoffs that are the question mark, and remain to be. Although, he did take a great leap forward this year with incredible defensive play.Popping a few goals in the post-season would make him our legitamate number 1 center. It is exciting though, a year of him with -hopefully- healthy Cami/AK and a Markov/Subban feeding the lot'of'm. We may actually win a few games this year without relying on our goalie!!@

Although, doesn't this feel familliar to 08-09? Where we were convinced all our players would continue trending up wards so we were possible president's trophy contenders? Hopefully history doesn't repeat itself....

Although, doesn't this feel familliar to 08-09? Where we were convinced all our players would continue trending up wards so we were possible president's trophy contenders? Hopefully history doesn't repeat itself....

08-09 was a spoiled child leading a disfunctional family. I was sad but glad it was packed up and shipped out. Bob Gainey let his passion blindside the best needs of the team . He did his best. When the smoke clears from the Blast of 2009, (and it started breaking up last spring), 2010-11 will make 2008-09 seem like a million years ago. :)

I think for us to make the playoffs again this upcoming year, Plekanec will once again have to be one of our best players. It feels weird to think that he's become one of the on-ice leaders on this team after seeing him on the verge or playing more of a support role in years past, but he's really progressed. He's deceptively dangerous and although he isn't the strongest on the puck, he works hard and digs, which is sometimes all you can ask a center to do.

I think for us to make the playoffs again this upcoming year, Plekanec will once again have to be one of our best players. It feels weird to think that he's become one of the on-ice leaders on this team after seeing him on the verge or playing more of a support role in years past, but he's really progressed. He's deceptively dangerous and although he isn't the strongest on the puck, he works hard and digs, which is sometimes all you can ask a center to do.

I'm extremely happy about that... Really, apart from Saku and Marky, we haven't had a leader that wasn't acquired through a trade or free agency.

It's nice to see the progression, means that we're doing something right at the AHL level.

Archived