The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Where Will Kovalchuk End Up?

Guest Carey_Price

Guest Carey_Price
Ugh... One of the most exciting, explosive players in the league signing with THE most boring-to-watch team in NHL history. It's a Devil's franchise tradition. This is disappointing IMO.

Let's hope he turns the most boring team into a much more entertaining one with his scoring ability, it'd be nice to see then score many more goals now with him and their other talented top 5.

They aren't the most boring team, but thier style doesn't seem to suit his. I think he will regret it if he signs with them as he wont be putting up as many points overall due to the Devils playing a team oriented game. Hes better suited to a team where he will be double shifting constantly.

If they actually sign him New Jersey would be over the cap. Maybe we could trade for Jamie Langenbrunner. How about our second round pick next year at 50th overall and maybe a minor prospect? Seems like a fair deal for both sides. With Langenbrunner we would get a top-6 winger who also shoots right-handed and has decent size.

Yeah, how can New Jersey even clear the room to sign Kovalchuk? <_< They have, like, $4 million in cap left. I can't imagine teams will be lining up to acquire Brian Rolston or Danius Zubrus either. I am also assuming that Zajac and Parise are untouchable.

Somebody's got some packing to do. <_<

Somebody's got some packing to do. <_<

Brian Rolston - NTC and incredibly overpiad at $5 million per season, IMO.

Danius Zubrus - I cannot imagine any teams being interested in his services at $3.4 million per year.

Zach Parise - Definitely untouchable.

Jamie Langenbrunner - Their captain. Would they trade him? An interesting acquisition for another NHL team, for sure.

Travis Zajac - I assume he is also untouchable.

Jason Arnott - They just traded to get him so I don't think they will flip him again.

Guest Carey_Price
If they actually sign him New Jersey would be over the cap. Maybe we could trade for Jamie Langenbrunner. How about our second round pick next year at 50th overall and maybe a minor prospect? Seems like a fair deal for both sides. With Langenbrunner we would get a top-6 winger who also shoots right-handed and has decent size.

Well they've been trying to get rid of Gagné and he's willing to go too since a year now so he's the one moving...

Archived