The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Favourite Player Of The Decade?

Guest Carey_Price

Guest Carey_Price

Who's been your favourite player during the last decade, from the habs and/or another team.

I'd say as a canadiens it would have to no doubt be Koivu. And from an outside team it would have to be Jagr, I think he's one of the most talented NHLers and most talented superstar outside the north american borders.

From the Habs, it would be Jaroslav Halak. I got to see his first NHL game in person and he took us to the highest point we've been in years. Granted, I only got about half a season of him being my favorite. I supported both goalies, but I never liked the fact that Price got so many more chances than Jaro. I think the underdog factor is one reason I came to love him

From the whole league, definitely Alex Ovechkin. Far and away the most exciting player in the league. The Caps are the only team besides the Habs that I try to see every time they come to Columbus, despite the jacked up ticket prices for a "premium" game.

If i look back on the decade, then yes its a no brainer for me: Saku. There have been players that have come and gone that at times I considered a "favorite" (mostly underdogs for some reason) but year in and year out, Saku was the guy for me.

Around the league its tougher. Certainly I liked guys like the aforementioned Sakic or Ovechkin as well as the obvious guys like Malkin, Crosby etc but Im not sure any can or would capture my interest as much as anyone wearing the CH would.

Habs probably koivu.

Leaguewise Forsberg for me no doubt about it. There have been (and are) some great ones that I just love watching but Forsberg beats them all.

I truly cant say another player that was so incredibly dominant when he was in his prime the last decade.

He could do it all, punish you physicly and mentally with his skills and mean streak. One shift he bury's you and the next he toys with you.

A real beast and maybe the meanest and thoughest true superstar I watched played the game (or have had the privilege to play against/with).

warrior and artist in the same man, that doesnt happen very often.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRtrQ1YrCzw

You all seen it I suppose, but it must be one of the greatest tribute videos out there. So why not let you be entertaind all over again.

I can beat that

Part 1:

There was a Part 2 but apparently removed from Youtube. 15 whole minutes of Forsberg's best.

He he!

Yeah I seen that one and they are both very good, picture is better in mine though ;)

Heard the guy that put it up said something about he have/s almost 2 hours of highlights.

Maybe we should ask him to put a few more together, he is good at that. had some problems with rights for his first version of it (slightly changed now).

see you MP.

I haven't been watching hockey long enough to know a lot of the guys you are talking about But for the HABS it's Saku he is just such a classy man and from other teams it's Stamkos,he is such a brilliant player and with the team he has around him now and the management watch out league here comes Tampa bay

GO HABS GO :D :D

Archived