The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Rumors 2010-2011

Habcore

Just a few quik things I found to discuss something different in this thread.

Willie Mitchell cuts list of teams from 12-4; Capitals, Sharks, Canucks, and Habs I'm told.

about 23 hours ago via web

Link here

If the habs are interested in Mitchell I'm not too sure where he'd fit unless PG has a move in mind. That move in mind might have something to do with this rumor,

Although it's an Eklund rumor, and yes I know. Could the habs be interested in trading for Bernier?

Bernier was already traded once this offseason...he was moved at the draft to Florida for Keith Ballard.

Link here

I guess we can't talk about rumors without talking about Price but I'll pass on all the trade rumors cause,they all sound completly false. Although I found this update,

RT @renhockey: Update on Carey Price. Agent Gerry Johansson. "Talks are ongoing. They are positive. But we a are not close to a deal yet".

about 4 hours ago via TweetDeck

Link here

In my opinion you can't go wrong with Mitchell if he can stay healthy he's a hell of a solid defensemen as for the Bernier rumor well I'm not so sure I would care to get him, yes he's big but his work ethic has always been questioned. Anyway what do you guys think of these latest rumors?

I wouldn't mind seeing Willie Mitchell play for the Habs at all. I have been a fan of his since his days in Minnesota and was disappointed to see him not be able to make an impact in the play-offs last season because of an injury. I think he still has something to contribute to an NHL team even though he's apparently still recovering from his head injury, or some such thing. For the right money I think Willie Mitchell would be a very good acquisition. Does anyone think he would sign for $1 million on a one year deal?

I wouldn't mind seeing Willie Mitchell play for the Habs at all. I have been a fan of his since his days in Minnesota and was disappointed to see him not be able to make an impact in the play-offs last season because of an injury. I think he still has something to contribute to an NHL team even though he's apparently still recovering from his head injury, or some such thing. For the right money I think Willie Mitchell would be a very good acquisition. Does anyone think he would sign for $1 million on a one year deal?

at this point i think he would, he could replace grandpa spacek once in a while

Would love to see Mitchell in a Habs uni! I followed Vancouver allot over the last couple of seasons due to hockey pools and anyone from their defense would look great. Also, if we went after him, perhaps that would mean trimming some cap by moving a higher paid d-guy like Hammer or Spacek.

A win/win in my book.

Concussed players make me nervous. I'd only be interested as a depth signing at a cheap price and not at the expense of either Spacek or Hamrlik. Maybe at the expense of one of those two players later if Mitchell stays healthy and Markov is back and healthy and Subban progresses nicely and everyone else is healthy. Those are a lot of "ifs". LOL

If we didn't just sign Picard it would probably be a good move.

• 2 weeks later...
Concussed players make me nervous. I'd only be interested as a depth signing at a cheap price and not at the expense of either Spacek or Hamrlik. Maybe at the expense of one of those two players later if Mitchell stays healthy and Markov is back and healthy and Subban progresses nicely and everyone else is healthy. Those are a lot of "ifs". LOL

What? Did somebody say LINDROS?

Ah, Eklund.

I particularly like this part from the other day (concerning Mitchell):

Then this morning enter the Canadiens...They are losing Paul Mara, and realizing their size on the defensive side of things may have been their downfall in the Philly series, they are now also interested in Willie Mitchell.

Size? Has eklund seen our blueline? Its the one place (besides goal) where we actually have good size!

Hal Gill 6-7 250

Josh Gorges 6-1 202

Roman Hamrlik 6-2 210

Andrei Markov 6-0 210

Ryan O'Byrne 6-6 228

Jaroslav Spacek 5-11 204

PK Subban D 5-11 200

Alex Picard 6-2 222

Not a single guy under 200, with most over 6 ft. Its not a massive blue-line, but it aint small either. Id day Subban or Spacek (our two smallest dmen) over Mara any day. And this isnt even taking into account the lack of logic with regards to Mitchell. At 6'3" and 208lbs he'd be our third tallest dman, but he'd be 6th in terms of weight. He's a good player & would be a solid addition, but the reasoning from Eklund is stupid.

Archived