The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rumors

Not sure if this is worthy of a new thread but I thought it might be fun to start one with more reliable sources.

THE GLOBE & MAIL: James Mirtle last night elaborated on his initial report yesterday which has Eric Belanger signing with the Washington Capitals to a one-year, $1.85 million contract but the club is awaiting to officially announce the deal pending another deal in which it's believed they could trade a forward for a defenseman, with winger Tomas Fleischmann named as one trade possibility. Mirtle also reports Leafs GM Brian Burke shot down speculation Tomas Kaberle was heading to Washington, claiming he's had no talks with the Capitals about Kaberle. Other defensemen believed available via trade are Vancouver's Kevin Bieksa and Edmonton's Sheldon Souray, and Washington is also believed a front-runner for UFA blueliner Willie Mitchell.

TORONTO STAR: Damien Cox believes Leafs GM Brian Burke will get a Kaberle trade made by the August 15th deadline, citing a "90 percent chance" it'll get done, noting Burke's track record on the trade market, and noted the offers appears to be improving as that deadline nears.

• 2 months later...

Not sure if this is worthy of a new thread but I thought it might be fun to start one with more reliable sources.

THE GLOBE & MAIL: James Mirtle last night elaborated on his initial report yesterday which has Eric Belanger signing with the Washington Capitals to a one-year, $1.85 million contract but the club is awaiting to officially announce the deal pending another deal in which it's believed they could trade a forward for a defenseman, with winger Tomas Fleischmann named as one trade possibility. Mirtle also reports Leafs GM Brian Burke shot down speculation Tomas Kaberle was heading to Washington, claiming he's had no talks with the Capitals about Kaberle. Other defensemen believed available via trade are Vancouver's Kevin Bieksa and Edmonton's Sheldon Souray, and Washington is also believed a front-runner for UFA blueliner Willie Mitchell.

TORONTO STAR: Damien Cox believes Leafs GM Brian Burke will get a Kaberle trade made by the August 15th deadline, citing a "90 percent chance" it'll get done, noting Burke's track record on the trade market, and noted the offers appears to be improving as that deadline nears.

His information sure was really bad not one of those things he called came true.Kaberle was bound to draw attention and give Brian an idea where teams think their strengths lie. Cudos to Burkie for effort.

This may have nothing to do with NHL at all and maybe nobody cares, but today a Swedish newspaper reports that Peter Forsberg will make a last attempt to a comeback. I know I know.....still it would be great fun to see a player like that on the ice again. Special breed indeed, what can he bring to a team at age 37 ?(if this goes well, wich I doubt but hope).

Not this kind of game but the memories....

Newspaper link in swedish:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/sverige/article8104135.ab

PS

Didnt know where to put it and/or if anybody even cares.

Archived