The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Training Camp 2010-2011

CanadianMike

Reading here and there about some teams training camps, so I guess it won't be too long til we get the dates for the HABS training camp. Should be a good one. Anyone without a job and/or with time on their hands please keep the rest of us posted (if you happen to go watch a couple practices/drills)

Mid September is around the corner.

Who will impress? who will disappoint? we'll find out soon enough. ;)

Reading here and there about some teams training camps, so I guess it won't be too long til we get the dates for the HABS training camp. Should be a good one. Anyone without a job and/or with time on their hands please keep the rest of us posted (if you happen to go watch a couple practices/drills)

Mid September is around the corner.

Who will impress? who will disappoint? we'll find out soon enough. ;)

I hope to be able to do that this year, i have timeoff days left to take

Edit: I added a subtitle to your thread :)

Happy to see them go at it again after the long playoff run. May we have another one this season - a Cup would be nice, but it appears to still be a couple of years away.

But for once, we have a real infusion of talent. Now we need to decide what to do about the goalie - and all of you know who I mean.

And he also has a decision to make ( a post I've already made).

I personally see the Habs as a lottery team this upcoming season. They still have holes in their top 6 F's and top 4 D unaddressed barring huge year from Eller and Subban which are unlikely as young kids/rookies all go through their development stages/growing pains.

They leaned on goaltending all of last year and dealt their best statistical goalie.

They made the playoffs by a tie-breaker and no indication that they've gotten better. I could argue that the two teams below them (Philly NYR) were actually better and MTL got into 8th as a factor of luck.

Markov out for months won't help the issue. Unbelievable goaltending last spring helped cloud the major holes with this team and unless Price delivers a .920+ SV% (which is possible but an unfair expectation level of any goalie) and NOTHING goes wrong (major # of injuries, bad year from key players like Pleks, Cammy, Gomez) and one of the young players has a season above normal expectations level, I don't see the Habs playing in the postseason.

To summarize, a lot needs to go right because while there is partial upside with this club, there also is a lot wrong.

I personally see the Habs as a lottery team this upcoming season. They still have holes in their top 6 F's and top 4 D unaddressed barring huge year from Eller and Subban which are unlikely as young kids/rookies all go through their development stages/growing pains.

They leaned on goaltending all of last year and dealt their best statistical goalie.

They made the playoffs by a tie-breaker and no indication that they've gotten better. I could argue that the two teams below them (Philly NYR) were actually better and MTL got into 8th as a factor of luck.

Markov out for months won't help the issue. Unbelievable goaltending last spring helped cloud the major holes with this team and unless Price delivers a .920+ SV% (which is possible but an unfair expectation level of any goalie) and NOTHING goes wrong (major # of injuries, bad year from key players like Pleks, Cammy, Gomez) and one of the young players has a season above normal expectations level, I don't see the Habs playing in the postseason.

To summarize, a lot needs to go right because while there is partial upside with this club, there also is a lot wrong.

I think the Habs will be on the bubble this year again and certainly a playoff spot isn't assured by any means, but the same can be said about most of the teams in the East this year. Outside of Pittsburgh and Washington, whose chances of making the post-season are in my opinion better than other teams although still not guaranteed, any team could fall in or out of the playoff mix. I do like teams like Boston and NJ to make it, but you just never know.

As far as Montreal goes, I am actually fairly optimistic for the upcoming season. I am of the belief that Markov will be back a little sooner than expected, possibly towards the end of October, and I think Subban will do just fine replacing him. The Habs D corps did just fine in the playoffs. i agree that the biggest question mark going into camp is our goaltending and we certainly don't have the depth this year compared to last. If Price falters, then yes, the Habs will struggle to make the playoffs, and if he stars then we should be battling for home ice in the playoffs. But the fact is that most teams are going with younger goalies now and so just about everyone is going to have to rely on timely play from the goalies, a little luck, and avoiding injuries. That's just the NHL in the era of the salary cap.

Translated RDS story Delmas invited to rookie camp.

The old guard Hockey League Quebec Major Junior Peter Delmas attend the next Canadiens rookie camp.

Athletes aged 20, a second-round pick - 61st overall - the Colorado Avalanche in 2008, spent last season with the Quebec Remparts and the Halifax Mooseheads.

He maintained a record of 15-9-0 with a GAA of 3.15 and a save percentage of, 897 in 34 games with the Remparts, then 5-7-0 with a GAA of 3.42 and a save percentage of, 895 in 25 games with the Mooseheads

It'll definitely be interesting to see how the absence of Markov affects the team. We typically haven't been great without him. I don't know if I quite see us as a lottery team, but I definitely don't see us as a top-six team at this point. A lot definitely has to go right, but who knows, maybe (hopefully) it will. A lot of success could hinge on how things turn out for guys like Kostitsyn, Gomez, Hamrlik, etc.

Sean couturier you think he will a good player?

The voice of reason

So we have 3 more weeks to sign Carey Price. But i am looking forward to the Training Camp. When that starts you usally get the jitters, any way that the hockey summit ruled that they are going to start the season tommorow? :lol: I really wish, my joining of this forum has just made me want more and more for that puck to drop on the season.

Archived