The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Leafs Grabovski Sued By Habs Fan & Wife

Kubby31

As much as I hate the Leafs and its players, there's no way this goes through. His dominant hand had a broken wrist, I doubt he could do those damages. The fact that he didn't get jumped after allegedly hitting the woman is enough to discredit this story.

I'd be very surprised too but on the other hand this is North America, weird things can happen in courtrooms sometimes :lol:

I stand by Grabo........

this is a nothing story, there must have been some aggrivation and I am sure that the extent of possible injury is over exaggerated, if the thing about it being a mass brawl is true, then there is most certainly no grounds on Grabo being charged, it could have been any one in the brawl which means the chain of events between the alleged conduct and consequence (injury in this case) is broken, no Actus Reus on the part of Grabovski.

I am no fan of Grabs but I am even less a fan of someone trying to get out of work free with a stupid lawsuit that pisses me off.

All their interested in seeing is $$. <_< ....Sad.

What I'm trying to say...famous athletes or whatever other fame profession...tends to draw out the odd balls/greed in situations such as this.....IMO.

I laughed at the part where Grabovski apparently knocked the guy out.

Oh my.. and this too.

"The suit alleged Dylan Richardson has suffered a head injury, multiple facial fractures requiring reconstructive surgery, a back injury, trauma to his mouth, teeth and eyes, memory loss, a change in personality and ongoing headaches, among other things."

All their interested in seeing is $$. <_< ....Sad.

What I'm trying to say...famous athletes or whatever other fame profession...tends to draw out the odd balls/greed in situations such as this.....IMO.

I agree people look at them as a walking bag of money and figure they should have a piece of it so they can stop working. Sucks honestly when people like you and I work our butts off and do not try to take advantage of the system etc.

I laughed at the part where Grabovski apparently knocked the guy out.

Oh my.. and this too.

"The suit alleged Dylan Richardson has suffered a head injury, multiple facial fractures requiring reconstructive surgery, a back injury, trauma to his mouth, teeth and eyes, memory loss, a change in personality and ongoing headaches, among other things."

You the headaches are probably constant hang overs from his drinking lol. Grabs must have one heck of a punch but even funnier is his wife was punched in teh face and didn't suffer the same type of injuries seems fishy to me. A shot like that would put Grabs into the heavyweight category in the NHL fighting elite lol.

You the headaches are probably constant hang overs from his drinking lol. Grabs must have one heck of a punch but even funnier is his wife was punched in teh face and didn't suffer the same type of injuries seems fishy to me. A shot like that would put Grabs into the heavyweight category in the NHL fighting elite lol.

the way the leafs are going (fighting at camp on purpose), OTT vs TOR reg season games will be made, Neil vs Grabovski, Orr vs Carkner :P

As much as I hate the Leafs and its players, there's no way this goes through. His dominant hand had a broken wrist, I doubt he could do those damages. The fact that he didn't get jumped after allegedly hitting the woman is enough to discredit this story.

If his wrist had a cast on - it certainly could do some serious damage .

From HF Boards

Guy in Habs jersey(6' @235 fat not big) and girlfriend both drunk, notice Grabovski in the bar

Habs fan and girlfriend start with the Leafs suck ***** and jeering him

Grabs who is with his parents say lets get out of here

guy gets in front of Mikhail and Grabovskis father intervenes, Habs fan pushes Grabs father

Grabs pushes the guy away who comes back at him, Grabs decks the goof who deserved a lot worse and then the girlfriend jumps on Mikhails back. Grabs bends forward throwing her over top of him...........bouncers intervene while the melee goes on with others in the crowd..............Vancouver constabulary arrive try to sort it out and arrest first the Habs fan and then Mikhail(who silly enough admitted to hitting the guy)

Police administer sobriety test to Grabovski, hold him till his visa is verified and release him without charges pending the investigation. No charges were laid as it was determined he was merely defending himself and did not use excessive force

From HF Boards

Guy in Habs jersey(6' @235 fat not big) and girlfriend both drunk, notice Grabovski in the bar

Habs fan and girlfriend start with the Leafs suck ***** and jeering him

Grabs who is with his parents say lets get out of here

guy gets in front of Mikhail and Grabovskis father intervenes, Habs fan pushes Grabs father

Grabs pushes the guy away who comes back at him, Grabs decks the goof who deserved a lot worse and then the girlfriend jumps on Mikhails back. Grabs bends forward throwing her over top of him...........bouncers intervene while the melee goes on with others in the crowd..............Vancouver constabulary arrive try to sort it out and arrest first the Habs fan and then Mikhail(who silly enough admitted to hitting the guy)

Police administer sobriety test to Grabovski, hold him till his visa is verified and release him without charges pending the investigation. No charges were laid as it was determined he was merely defending himself and did not use excessive force

How credible is this story?

I was just going to post this,,, Wow is he nuts..

C Mikhail Grabovski, whose temper often gets the better of him on the ice, hoped to keep such distractions to a minimum this season, but the day before the club's first pre-season game he was hit with a lawsuit for an off-ice matter. It was filed in Langley, B.C., by Dylan and Brenna Richardson, who claim the Leaf "intentionally assaulted" them on a Vancouver street during the Winter Olympics. Dylan, 26, was wearing a Montreal Canadiens sweater when he alleged ex-Hab Grabovski knocked him unconscious and punched Brenna in the face. Grabovski was arrested for an altercation, but never charged. The damages in the suit were not disclosed and Grabovski will not comment.

Archived