3. Serge Savard

4. Henri Richard

5. Guy Carbonneua

6. Emile Bouchard

7. Bob Gainey

8. Doug Harvey

9. Chris Chelios

10. Mike Keane

feel free to contradict me or hate on my list if you want because everyone has their own opinion i was just watching the new video of Gio as captain sort of a tribute and i thought i would put this up to see what others thoughts are btw here is the link to the video if you haven`t watched it yet!

It's a toss-up between Beliveau & the Rocket.........both were more than captains....they were Generals when they hit the ice.....Montreal needs more than a captain these days.......they need another General to marshall the team to believe in themselves & learn to win with consistency & entertainment

It's a toss-up between Beliveau & the Rocket.........both were more than captains....they were Generals when they hit the ice.....Montreal needs more than a captain these days.......they need another General to marshall the team to believe in themselves & learn to win with consistency & entertainment

agreed and to be honest maybe gio is the man doubtful but maybe

The only reason Maurice Richard was not team captain longer is because they had Butch Bouchard for team captain. I would think due to his leadership and longevity in the NHL, Bouchard should get much more consideration than he has, and what about Toe Blake? Not only was he a great player and team captain, but he was also a great head coach for us.

Very true...but I'll give the decisive edge to "THE ROCKET"....no disrespect to Mr.Beliveau.

1. Jean Beliveau

2. Henri Richard

3. Serge Savard

4. Saku Koivu

5. Maurice Richard

6. Emile Bouchard

7. Bob Gainey

8. Doug Harvey

9. Chris Chelios

10. Guy Carbonneau

Wow I don't want to critize anyon es list because its just an opinion but,... I can't help but notice you have Saku Koivu a guy who nevear won a Cup in all his years as captin higher then the Rocket who won the Cup in every year he was captin. you also have Chellios a guy who had a brief stint as Co-Captin over Carbo who was his Co-captin and also was a full time captin later and was captin win we won the Cup in 93.

I love the rocket, i think he's one of the greatest hockey players of all time. But as a Captain i have to respectifuly give the edge to Jean Beliveau. He's a habs legend and the best Captain that the NHL has ever seen as far as im concerned, although Stevey Y comes in a close second. I think Jean commanded respect. And his track record of Sucsess speaks for itself in terms of stats both personal and team wise.

Wow I don't want to critize anyon es list because its just an opinion but,... I can't help but notice you have Saku Koivu a guy who nevear won a Cup in all his years as captin higher then the Rocket who won the Cup in every year he was captin. you also have Chellios a guy who had a brief stint as Co-Captin over Carbo who was his Co-captin and also was a full time captin later and was captin win we won the Cup in 93.

The way I see it, you can't judge a captain by the team around him.

Anayway, I don't know about the top ten, or putting the captains in order, but I would say the top ones would be the Richards, Beliveau, and Koivu.

I personally cant judge anyone Ive never seen play.

I am sure guys like Richard and Beliveau were amazing in their time, but it seems silly for me to suggest I know anything about them as players or captains.

The best captains Ive ever seen for this team were Saku, Gainey and Carbonneau - probably in that order. Honorable mention to Damphousse, who was very underrated as captain, imho, but did a good job for the 3 years he wore the C. Most of the others during my time were only captain for a year or less.

I personally cant judge anyone Ive never seen play.

I am sure guys like Richard and Beliveau were amazing in their time, but it seems silly for me to suggest I know anything about them as players or captains.

The best captains Ive ever seen for this team were Saku, Gainey and Carbonneau - probably in that order. Honorable mention to Damphousse, who was very underrated as captain, imho, but did a good job for the 3 years he wore the C. Most of the others during my time were only captain for a year or less.

Definitely!!

It's basically impossible to measure, although I understand the fun in trying. What is a captain's roll anyway and what defines a good captain? We haven't really seen what goes on behind closed doors so most of the accepted captain's jobs we wouldn't be able to even begin to measure.

It's unquantifiable and IMO epically overrated. Leadership probably exists but to what degree is very debatable and what impact it has on a team's W/L record is even more debatable and anyway, if we accept leadership is at least relatively important you don't need a letter on your jersey to provide it. I understand why you have letter jerseys but nothing will have changed on this team leadership wise between Gionta not wearing the C and him now wearing the C.

I actually think fans bring up leadership too much and use it as a cop out because no one can disprove it.

Pick your top ten captains that have ever been on our team, mine go like this

1. Maurice Richard

2. Jean Beliveau

3. Serge Savard

4. Henri Richard

5. Guy Carbonneua

6. Emile Bouchard

7. Bob Gainey

8. Doug Harvey

9. Chris Chelios

10. Mike Keane

feel free to contradict me or hate on my list if you want because everyone has their own opinion i was just watching the new video of Gio as captain sort of a tribute and i thought i would put this up to see what others thoughts are btw here is the link to the video if you haven`t watched it yet!

Such a very amazing link!

Thanks you for the post.

watch free movies online

• 4 weeks later...

Pick your top ten captains that have ever been on our team, mine go like this

1. Maurice Richard

2. Jean Beliveau

3. Serge Savard

4. Henri Richard

5. Guy Carbonneua

6. Emile Bouchard

7. Bob Gainey

8. Doug Harvey

9. Chris Chelios

10. Mike Keane

feel free to contradict me or hate on my list if you want because everyone has their own opinion i was just watching the new video of Gio as captain sort of a tribute and i thought i would put this up to see what others thoughts are btw here is the link to the video if you haven`t watched it yet! <a href="

target="_blank">

Thanks you for the post.

Archived