The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Looking For Advice,your Imput Would Be Appreciated

Kubby31

Good day all. :D ...looking for your input,I have a issue/problem in a hockey pool that I run on line and would like to hear what you think would be the proper/fairest way to go.

I had people select players from a box format...5 in a box,you select one player.

Now,I have one box of forwards with DUSTIN BYFUGLIN in it....but the issue that has come to my attention is that now that Dustin is on Atlanta....he his playing & listed as a defenceman,rather than a forward as in the past.

Now,because the points awarded in the pool for defenseman are worth more than forwards,EX:goals,assists,powerplay goals,shorthanded goals,game winning goals,ect.....are doubled...some feel that having him in this same box as forwards is a disadvantage...that he will gain more points quickly than those who did not pick him.

Some have suggested dropping him from the box all together and allowing the person who has selected him receive the next highest points player as of today........or,leave him in and subtract half of dustin's points at the end of the season,if that person was a winner (there is 6 top money prizes to be won)...thinking this would even out to as a forward........hope you all are following me here. :lol::D

I actually had one comment saying that where it was not my mistake....it was the league/atlanta...I should just leave it as is....and allow him in this box with the forwards.

As I realize that this was not intentionally done on my doing...damm atlanta,I want to be fair to the folks in my pool...the ones who have or have not picked Dustin..

So,thats it....any suggestions is welcome........I am leaning towards deleting him completely from the box...but thinking some my poolies that have him may be not happy at this point...what cha think??

Thanks for any replys. :P

Hope it was ok mods to post this.

I'd leave him in the box with the forwards. Yes, his points will be doubled since he's a D but as a D, he should score less actual points than if he was playing forward (if he spends his shifts screening the ennemy goalie, his coach will have a fit :lol: ). Big Buff is not exactly Mike Green when he plays D.

Maybe your best bet is too take him out all together, what ever you choose, it's not like Dustin is an 80 point player.

Also, usually in pools you have to choose a certain amount of forwards and a certain amount of dmen, check and see where or what the pooler had in mind when he drafted dustin and leave it as is. If he drafted him as a forward and Atlanta chooses to put him on D, well, that's the poolers gamble. Whoever you draft it's always a gamble... Slumps, injuries, etc...

Maybe your best bet is too take him out all together, what ever you choose, it's not like Dustin is an 80 point player.

Also, usually in pools you have to choose a certain amount of forwards and a certain amount of dmen, check and see where or what the pooler had in mind when he drafted dustin and leave it as is. If he drafted him as a forward and Atlanta chooses to put him on D, well, that's the poolers gamble. Whoever you draft it's always a gamble... Slumps, injuries, etc...

It was not by a draft....I had sheets made up of 25 boxes (5 PLAYERS IN EACH,PICK ONE)....20 boxes with forwards,4 with defenseman and a rookie box.

The norm usually is one does not add a D in the same box with a forward....Now maybe had I made the points value the same in the beginning for both positions....I may not have this issue.

Anyways FS....tks for your input. :D

but he was a forward going into the season. ;) ....tks for replying. :D

now i didn't mean you you. i meant the general you. sorry if i misconstrued the use of the english language. which is i admit entirely possible. too bad weeps isn't on salary here or we could ask him, then i could do pennace, and don't get this wrong either- i'm not usually so tipsy, but the jam went extremely well tonight and i'm kinda giddy anyhow. loving those blues (not the st louis ones LOL).

Archived