The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

About The New Forum Updates

frostyHAWK

27 members have voted

1. 1. do you like the new forum?

if you hate the new forum as mucha as i do, you might find a small problem with your account...

"your password magically changes to something it wasn't"

this is probably cause you had an nhl account to the same email and they fused together and now the account has some random backwards password.

to fix this :

forgot your password?

get the e-mail

change the pass

done.

i'm kind of mad at the new forum nonetheless, it doesn't have the epicness the old one used to have...

oh well, times change.

I had the same problem but it took me a long time to get it done got 6 emails with the new code word thingy it's very slow and I miss all the little pics and things whose idea was it anyway,it's been depersonalized it was our own now it's the same as so many other things,why do they need to fix what isn't broken at my age it's not easy keeping up to date

I have already seen people who say they will not bother any more

GO HABS GO :angry: :angry:

Guest Lizardking89

I had to make a whole new account because logging in with my email would change my user name to something else. My avatar is gone and so is my post count. So far I don't like it at all

At least it's not kickapps, TBH I don't like the look or the feel. I liked the forum the way it was, I mean it's not just an anti change thing either (although I don't like change) the forum had been changed before and I didn't really much of a problem but this one is just off. The players are cut off on the sides and it looks weak, the Fan Forum banner at the top takes me back to the Canadiens main page instead of the forum home page.

At least it's not kickapps, TBH I don't like the look or the feel. I liked the forum the way it was, I mean it's not just an anti change thing either (although I don't like change) the forum had been changed before and I didn't really much of a problem but this one is just off. The players are cut off on the sides and it looks weak, the Fan Forum banner at the top takes me back to the Canadiens main page instead of the forum home page.

Wow, took me a while to find out how to log into the damn thing. This forum feels a lot slower than the last one, big test for it tonight. The poll should have been, will the forum survive game night?

I had to make a whole new account because logging in with my email would change my user name to something else. My avatar is gone and so is my post count. So far I don't like it at all

I lost my account too, it still exists but I can't access my e-mail to change the password. I hate this forum so far. :mellow:

You should go to the 'Comments Questions and concerns thread in General Habs discussion and ask GHC to give your posts back on your acc. He's been doing that for a lot of people.

Guest habs1952

In general, it is not bad... I mean, it looks good, but it's sloooow and with all the problems that everybody have, I think they failed somewhere. :mellow:

They failed EVERYWHERE!!! :angry:

Kinda random, but does the time keep switching for any of you?

i don't know, i didn't see anything of the sort, i guess i got lucky

Hrm.

What prompted the change? I didn't see anything at all wrong with the old forum...

I could care less about my post count, I'm just annoyed at having lost my avatar and sig... :( (I was stupid and didn't back them up, but then, I didn't think such a change would come...)

i guess they wanted to fuze forum accounts with the nhl system...

I'm starting to get use to it... I think they wanted to create a more interactive board. When all the users name problem is gonna be fix it I think we will appreciate it better.

I prefered when the subjects were separated. Now the pinned ones and all the others are like all together, I hate it.

Great. So if I had a username here (newton) that has been already taken on nhl.com or wherever, it's gone, right?

Love it. Way to go.

I don't care about the forum face-lift, these come & go over the years. I kind of HATE the fact that my good 'ol virtual self is gone. Just because someone had the brilliant idea of merging it with somebody else's account.

facepalm.gif

And look, the post count is gone as well! "All of your existing messages and posts will be migrated to your new account." Yeah, right.

Registered in '05 and still a draft pick.. guess I didn't pan out! :lol:

HAHA :lol:

Sorry the move didn't work for you, but that gave me a good laugh!

And look, the post count is gone as well! "All of your existing messages and posts will be migrated to your new account." Yeah, right.

Registered in '05 and still a draft pick.. guess I didn't pan out! :lol:

:lol:

I guess if theres one thing i like about the new forums is that now i can theoretically go to the laughs forums and spam LEAFS SUCK :lol:

don't wanna get banned though :)

Well Forum, you almost had your first yes vote but you blew it.

I voted yes and had written a long post about how I liked the new PM and account management features and how if you set it to IP Board mode it's pretty quick to load. But then just before I pressed the 'Post' button my screen flashed and I lost it all.

Atta alienate your only supporter, forum! :angry::P

Although it did lead me to find one good new feature.... you can change your vote in polls now ;)

the only points important about the new forum to me are that the colors make it impossible to focus. the typeface is completely off, and its as if i have to worship some foreign god, not that worshipping god is bad, but who is this stranger the shape of the letters keep introducing me to? the differential between the sides make me feel like i'm falling into a river between seeing what is said and who is saying it, so that's not user friendly. there is a new button called promote to article which i'm afriad to touch. the forum world might blow up if i press it. of course the social rightness of what's being done would cause recall elections in parlimentary systems that do that sort of thing, so that isn't good.

so in all- not that change is bad, but in this case it is. IMHO

Archived