The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #11 Panthers @ Montreal,sat.30/10

Forever_Habs10

Hit the net guys!

Put Pucks in here please>>>>>>>>0834550_450_SC_1d0e7.jpg

So how long does Muller get a free pass here? Since he took over the power play, it's been just atrocious. Hamrlik's last-second shot typifies what's wrong with this unit: an unscreened shot with not a single Hab to screen Vokoun. Then there are the abominable zone entries. It takes them 1:30 on average just to gain the zone and establish possession.

If we can't make other teams pay at least some of the time for penalties, we're not going anywhere in the long term except down.

ok this one is going a little better

little better than the 1st one.

I was talking about Subbans broken stick on his first attempted shot of the PP :P

yes...it was his.

So how long does Muller get a free pass here? Since he took over the power play, it's been just atrocious. Hamrlik's last-second shot typifies what's wrong with this unit: an unscreened shot with not a single Hab to screen Vokoun. Then there are the abominable zone entries. It takes them 1:30 on average just to gain the zone and establish possession.

If we can't make other teams pay at least some of the time for penalties, we're not going anywhere in the long term except down.

I've been saying that we need to get Muller out of coaching our PP.

I give him a lil longer... He was missing his biggest weapon.

Thing is Markov is not struggling. He may not be stellar in comparison to what we are accustom to. It is more everyone else not expecting half of Markov's passes.

Sorry, friend, but you're kidding yourself if you think most of this period wasn't very difficult for Andrei. His passes were off, his shot wasn't getting on net, he made an incredibly poor decision to pinch that might have been a two-on-0 if Subban hadn't covered, and he turned the puck over unnecessarily in the defensive zone. I have no doubt that Markov will get on track, but right now, he's a step behind.

Me too, then I saw PK with a stick in his hands and the cat player skating to the bench/

PK took a shot and broke his stick, he skated past the Habs bench and took a stick from someone to get back into our zone and make sure no Panthers broke in. The second time a stick broke on the PP was a Panther players, also while PK was about to take a shot.

Stuuuuu-piiiiid.

I HATE Florida. Probably as much as New Jersey. Well, maybe not that much, but a lot. They play a tight defensive game and wait for their opportunities. The perfect system to play against Montreal, and when we're not clicking, their system looks brilliant.

Bottom line: we will get our chances, but we need to bury them. The way it's going so far, we'll be lucky to get a goal or two in this one. Better not let the Cats get the next goal, or our comeback chances are very slim.

I do like getting Markov back, though. I think the team needed to get used to him just as much as his getting used to being back in the lineup. So, hopefully, we'll adjust and take two points tonight, but if not, it was still the best game to bring him back.

Sorry, friend, but you're kidding yourself if you think most of this period wasn't very difficult for Andrei. His passes were off, his shot wasn't getting on net, he made an incredibly poor decision to pinch that might have been a two-on-0 if Subban hadn't covered, and he turned the puck over unnecessarily in the defensive zone. I have no doubt that Markov will get on track, but right now, he's a step behind.

And another giveaway in the neutral zone. He's definitely off, but he's forgivable.

I've been saying that we need to get Muller out of coaching our PP.

I just don't see why he's gotten such a great reputation. Is it his rugged good looks? Under his watch, the power play has become a complete and utter joke. It is not normal for a team to be this poor through multiple preseason games and 10 games of the regular season when we were near the top of the league last year under Pearn.

I give him a lil longer... He was missing his biggest weapon.

Frankly I don't think not having Markov is the problem at all. The problem to me is poor coaching. Muller doesn't seem to have his unit ready to attack the zone aggressively in five-man groups, establish possession, and look for the simple, effective play. Every time we have a man advantage, we play like five different players on five different planets. The dump-ins are horribly timed so we rarely regain possession on them. Other teams know this so they just stand us up at the blue line and give us the dump-in pass which we can't retrieve. Essentially, we work with about 20 seconds of quality power play time per opportunity, as the rest of it is spent outside the zone or laboriously trying to establish possession in the zone. None of which has anything to do with Markov.

I'm assuming CRB is at the game .

Archived