The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Guy Guy Guy

CHC

Whats this about?

Ahhh...tks CRB....Got to see him & the habs alumni last November in my home town.

029.jpg

...and yes,the angle shot makes me look smaller than I really am. :lol:

Ahhh...tks CRB....Got to see him & the habs alumni last November in my home town.

029.jpg

...and yes,the angle shot makes me look smaller than I really am. :lol:

That's a nice closeup of the Flower,what a player seen him at an autograph session last year in Victoria,B.C. If he couldn't get you out of your seat when he played you couldn't have a pulse.

• 4 weeks later...

guy.jpg

One last hat-trick for The Flower

Sunday, 05.12.2010 / 6:53 PM / News

Canadian Press

MONTREAL (PC) – Guy Lafleur's farewell to Montreal went just as his 14-year career in the city did.

Right up until he notched his third goal of the afternoon, the explosions of joy coming from the crowd couldn’t compare to the reaction after he had scored his legendary goal against the Bruins in the 1979 postseason. There was no moment as magical as when he made his grand return to Montreal to score two goals for the New York Rangers. And there was no outpouring of love quite as strong as the standing ovation accorded Maurice Richard on the day the Forum closed its doors for the last time.

But Guy Lafleur made sure to go out in typical “Demon Blond” fashion in his last game at the Bell Centre. Fittingly, Lafleur lifted the Montreal crowd out of their seats with chants of “Guy! Guy! Guy!” by notching his third goal of the afternoon against the NHL All-Star Alumni team to give the Habs Alumni a convincing 15-8 win.

“Today, what I was most focused on was making sure I had my legs going and giving the fans a show,” explained Lafleur after his final game on NHL ice. “I wanted to at least score one goal, that’s all I could have asked for. I’m not exactly going to be talking about that last goal in my new book if I ever decide to write one, but for me the whole day was really special.

“The last four days, the more I thought about the game, the more sore I’ve felt,” added the 59-year-old Hall-of-Famer with a laugh. “I was just hoping not to feel bad at all today. Turns out, I felt pretty good!”

After seeing Lafleur complete the hat-trick, referees Ron Fournier and Kerry Frasier fittingly called the game five minutes early, making the legendary winger’s goal the final one of the afternoon. The 15,835 fans in attendance were thrilled to see “The Flower” hit the ice one last time, along with congratulatory messages from fellow Habs legends Jean Beliveau, Yvan Cournoyer and Henri Richard.

“I had a hard time [holding back tears], but I think I did a pretty good job,” laughed Lafleur, who racked up 518 goals with the Habs in 14 years in Montreal.

Two stops still remain on Lafleur’s farewell tour, including December 12 in his hometown of Thurso and February 27 in Quebec City.

As many here know that #10 was my idol as a kid...and till this day....so fortunate to have meet him twice,have a Lafluer Jersey signed by Guy...hangs proudly in my hockey room....so cool.

Best of luck Guy,take care.....GUY,GUY,GUY.

Does anyone know what is the title of the piece that played at the Centre Bell at the very end of the match, when Alain Crete was talking to Guy? It is a piece of classical or baroque music from an European composer I'd guess. I'm pretty sure it was playing in the opening of a cartoon that aired on SRC or Télé-Québec when I was young (maybe twelve years ago) I remember almost anything from this cartoon, except this song and that the story wase taking place during the Roman Empire...

I don't know why I still remember that, but I'm really obsessed by this piece. :P

Archived