The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2010 Hhof Inductees

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=340377

I personally think that they missed a great opportunity here,not inducting Pat Burns while he is still with us....we all know that eventually he will be added,at least I believe it....just would have been special for Pat to have been a part of it while still alive,as we all know by now...his days are numbered,sadly. :(

While I don't agree with all of the choices, the fact is there was probably some good deliberation that did take place on who got in this year.

Not to put any disrespect to Pat Burns, but I find that most people are ticked off that he's not getting in now because he's having health issues. That reason alone, should not fast track somebody into the HHOF in my opinion.

That reason alone, should not fast track somebody into the HHOF in my opinion.

Your most likely right...but where he's so well respected through out the hockey world...and most seem to think he'll eventually in the very near future be selected anyways....why not slide him in now,where he can see & be part of this special day for himself...would not really be breaking any rules or such.

Anyways....so be it,when the day arrives...I be happy for ya pat...and your be well deserving to to in the HHOF.

While I don't agree with all of the choices, the fact is there was probably some good deliberation that did take place on who got in this year.

Not to put any disrespect to Pat Burns, but I find that most people are ticked off that he's not getting in now because he's having health issues. That reason alone, should not fast track somebody into the HHOF in my opinion.

Why not honor him while he's alive to see it? He's pretty much a shoe in anyways to get inducted. I think it's disgraceful on their part for not inducting him now.

I know there was some sort of mistake made with this year's inductees because they didn't understand the voting rules or something. There were some pretty notable names on the list of candidates like Pavel Bure, Eric Lindros, Joe Nieuwendyk, Adam Oats, Dave Andreychuk, Alex Mogilny and Doug Gilmour. It's pretty surprising that only one player from all those notable candidates got in this year.

Archived