The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Favourite Habs Moments

hatethosebruins

Thought I'd start this topic to see what happens

For me being so young and not having RDS till this year to see more action

Favourite Moment has gotta be either watching the old games on DVD so the 5-0 Comeback

or last years playoff run which was AMAZING

I do like listening to Bob Cole (yes I know what I said) calling Eric Desjardins goal after the Mcsorely call

• 5 months later...
Guest habs1952

1993....10 overtime victories to win the cup. However, being a fan of the Habs since the 1950s I can honestly say the 1993 cup win was but 1 of so many favorite Hab moments.

Per my name, this one should be pretty predictable...

I'll never get tired of that.

My spine still tingles when I see that video.

• 1 month later...

I've only been a fan since 2008...So I don't know much...

By the time your my age, you will have many, many memories.

My two favorites, are the Habs-Russia game on New Years eve,,,,3-3 tie, and the 93 Cup run.

There are a LOT of others,,,but those two are my favs, and I have them both on VHS (yet to convert them). They replayed the New Years Eve game during the lockout, so I taped it then.

All the habs games that we won.:D

All the habs games that we won.:D

You beat me to it, that is what I was going to say,although I don't have so may of them as I have only been watching hockey for a couple of years,but the game that really turned me onto hockey when they came back from being 5-1 down to the Rangers,that third period was like out of this world,I wish we played like that every game but that was a different HABS back then,I miss my hockey so much,I just really got the blues again talking about that.

GO HABS GO :lol: :lol:

You beat me to it, that is what I was going to say,although I don't have so may of them as I have only been watching hockey for a couple of years,but the game that really turned me onto hockey when they came back from being 5-1 down to the Rangers,that third period was like out of this world,I wish we played like that every game but that was a different HABS back then,I miss my hockey so much,I just really got the blues again talking about that.

That gives me the blues. :lol:

The song and narration is from 24/7 and even though it talks about starting over, it really just makes the video perfect for hockey <--- the song

That gives me the blues. :lol:

The song and narration is from 24/7 and even though it talks about starting over, it really just makes the video perfect for hockey <--- the song

That didn't just give me the blues I had tears rolling down my cheeks,man stuff like that always makes me cry.Well it's 99 days to go until the puck drops down to double digits that makes it seem closer just can't wait.

That didn't just give me the blues I had tears rolling down my cheeks,man stuff like that always makes me cry.Well it's 99 days to go until the puck drops down to double digits that makes it seem closer just can't wait.

Say M&M,,,is that 99 days 'til the reg. season, or preseason? :)

Say M&M,,,is that 99 days 'til the reg. season, or preseason? :)

To the regular season,I am saving the pre season,until I start moaning and rocking it will give me a bit of a lift then and training camp I will save,until I start dancing in the moonlight naked( frightening thought),there is always a method to my madness,hopefully it will help get me through.

GO :wacko: :wacko: HABS GO :wacko: :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Gonna throw this in here...

Plante's mask appears 52 years ago today

Years upon years ago...

Family was at the cottage in June, enjoying the early summer. Absolutely gorgeous place on Rancourt Lake in North Ontario, wish we'd never have sold it. Regardless, it was the Stanley Cup playoffs and I was just a kid, ten years old. This was 1993.

I remember our neighbour calling us over from his porch to watch the game that evening. Ten adults and three kids, clustered around a tiny 12-inch TV with the rabbit ears; no cable out there. Tell you true, I didn't much care for sports back then, I was much too young, but I do remember coming over to watch at one point as the board games us kids were playing were getting dull.

I saw Patrick Roy winking at Sandstrom on that tiny screen in the snow-bound woods of North Ontario.

I remember it very well, it is like it was painted in my head, and it is very likely the reason I'm a Habs fan; the rest of my family is for the Laffs. :P

Archived