The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Players Who Would Like To Play In Montreal

Mathradio

Kovalev for sure, he still plays like he doesnt really want to be in Ottawa (something people on the Sens board comment on alot)

Saku possibly,Marc Andre Bergeron would probably want to still play here (I wish he did)

Cristobal Huet?

Pittsburgh will offer the maximum salary on a lifetime contract, he's not coming here.

Maybe not. If they figured that, by letting go of Crosby (or flipping him) they could save money for wingers for Malkin, Staal or Letestu to play with, they wouldn't be able to pay up $11M/year.

I heard that Rick Nash was gonna stay home until he got to play for the habs..

Then i woke up

Nice dream :)

I wish Vinny Lecavlier and Danny Briere wanted to come here :(

Anyone know anything on St. Louis or Patrice Bergeron?

Montreal needs more franophones :)

We could have gotten Perron + Schultz (or even Perron + Eller) for Halak if the circumstances were more favorable.

I know Brière turned down an offer from the Habs, saying that he'd wouldn't want to be continually under the spotlight...

I would love to see Koivu here, and unfortunately, I don't think Kovalev has a fit. Those are the first two that come to mind. Later in the season, there well be gazillions of false rumors about Lecavelier, so that rules that out. But if you look at some of the small trades and pickups Gainey/Gauthier have made recently, they have picked up people that want to play here, and most have turned into very good players. The best example is Darche. With a team like Montreal, a team full of okay French Canadians is better than a team of really good other people because of the history and the motivation/morale that the players have. I think that Gauthier should keep that in mind when he approaches the offseason.

I wish Vinny Lecavlier and Danny Briere wanted to come here :(

Anyone know anything on St. Louis or Patrice Bergeron?

Montreal needs more franophones :)

honestly the combo of st.louis stamkos and lecavalier on the pp in tampa is soooo deadly! and they all love each other i doubt they'd want to break that up :P

• 3 weeks later...

Archived