The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Is It Time To Get An Enforcer?

kinot-1

Meh, DJ King was available a couple weeks back...and we passed. Unfreakingbelievable. The dude stood up to Boogaard.

6ft3 230 pound tough guy, with this season and next season on contract at 637,500 cap hit...wouldn't have been a bad pick up if you ask me, though I've never seen him play/fight but I woulda done it for the added grit.

Guest olddude

Did you notice that chara x-checked him in the head?

Ya I saw that, but it must be an illusion, because we've all been told he is a clean player. :rolleyes:

Obviously, the habs need an enforcer.

People used to make the cliché argument that we can have enforcement from scoring on the power play or some nonsense, but that only goes so far when you keep losing your most talented players. The NHL has decided to abdicate its responsibility in giving out suspensions, and as such our players are just going to keep on falling one by one.

Just because Laraque was a failed enforcer who didn't do his job doesn't mean it's a bad idea to have an enforcer.

The habs should try and trade for Derek Boogard this summer.

Obviously, the habs need an enforcer.

People used to make the cliché argument that we can have enforcement from scoring on the power play or some nonsense, but that only goes so far when you keep losing your most talented players. The NHL has decided to abdicate its responsibility in giving out suspensions, and as such our players are just going to keep on falling one by one.

Just because Laraque was a failed enforcer who didn't do his job doesn't mean it's a bad idea to have an enforcer.

The habs should try and trade for Derek Boogard this summer.

I believe last year he signed like a 4 year contract with the rangers, last thing I want is another one of those ranger contracts.

Ya I agree with you. In fact the best solution this problem is that. Make that rule right now. As player if I injure someone I'm out for as long as him...That's the way sports should be...2,3,5 Games suspensions are really nothing...NOTHING!!!

As a player I would think twice about delivering a near fatal blow to the head, the knees, the neck, the eyes and all the other vulnerable spots because I know I'd be out as long as the victim. This is the best solution. WHY NOT MAKE THAT RULE?

The only way that will happen is if Bettman, Campbell and Murphy are removed once and for all from the NHL.

And with Bettman getting a new contract, nothing will change.

An enforcer? No. Size and Grit? Yes!

If Niel was available at the deadline, I'd have went for him.

Instead of Mara from the Ducks, Perhaps Sutton? I think he may have been injured at the time, but I'd have much preferred him coming back, even for a higher price.

Moen archtypes... Big, Gritty forwards.

What I would give to have a 30 year old Gary Roberts... We need to get Pouliot to train with him in the summer, look what it did for Stamkos lol.

Yes...Thank you.

Same here.

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of Mara from the Ducks, Perhaps Sutton? I think he may have been injured at the time, but I'd have much preferred him coming back, even for a higher price.

Moen archtypes... Big, Gritty forwards.

What I would give to have a 30 year old Gary Roberts... We need to get Pouliot to train with him in the summer, look what it did for Stamkos lol.

It doesn't take a heavyweight to straighten out these goons,I've taught women how to throws a punch and knock a guy out.(women that weigh 100-130 lbs can do it)The real problem lies with the corruption and heavy handed approach the heads of the league use with impunity, which leaves the players at their mercy.They think mercy is merci so their tactics will continue for another lifetime and players will continue to have horrendous injuries until one dies.Then and only then will steps be taken to put somebody in charge that has more common sense than a greedy rabid dog.I wonder how much money is slipped for concessions for the teams with (Hands Off) like Boston and Philadelphia.The lies about Chara not being a headhunter could only be listened to by non-fans of the game.The Police must have been told about his forays why haven't charges been laid.Bye Bye Chara,you avoided the suspensions you deserved now serve time in jail like anyone else that gets caught maiming people intentionally.The good old boys like Burke,Campbell's both the commissioner that suspended Richard for defending himself and this one with his son playing for the Bruins.I wonder how many of these big Bosses have gone on to be GM's of team's that all of a sudden have the Midas touch,looks like Chiarelli and Burke have their game down pat.It makes me sick that they pull off their scams in plain sight and laugh at the fans or worse they think nobody noticed.Wake up Hockey is Canada's national sport not Bettman and Campbell's game!

Our team doesn't need an enforcer like Boogaard or Laraque but players who can actually play the game and fight. PG should trade for Ryane Clowe. He can fight and stick up for his teammates plus he can score and would be a big body in front of the net. Jim Vandermeer is an UFA who could be a valuable pickup. He fought Milan Lucic very well this season and is also a good d-man. Zenon Konopka is also an UFA worth looking at.

Our team doesn't need an enforcer like Boogaard or Laraque but players who can actually play the game and fight. PG should trade for Ryane Clowe. He can fight and stick up for his teammates plus he can score and would be a big body in front of the net. Jim Vandermeer is an UFA who could be a valuable pickup. He fought Milan Lucic very well this season and is also a good d-man. Zenon Konopka is also an UFA worth looking at.

C'mon those guys are too tough, management likes small speedy guys....it/s(the players fault) their fault for not being able to be runover by players a foot taller than them and then limp forward and take an outside shot that will never be captured by a Hab in front of the oppositions net...the panthers have scored twice on the sabres( they know secret plays about how to score on the opposition

• 2 weeks later...

C'mon those guys are too tough, management likes small speedy guys....it/s(the players fault) their fault for not being able to be runover by players a foot taller than them and then limp forward and take an outside shot that will never be captured by a Hab in front of the oppositions net...the panthers have scored twice on the sabres( they know secret plays about how to score on the opposition

Why not see what Nick Czinder from Windsor Spitfires can do sign him to a tryout if he's not drafted.(Czinder is 6'5 240lbs)RW shoots righthanded.

Can we get a GOON instead?

Cooke is already taken,thank God.

Enforcer would be good, but like I keep saying... He has to contribute and not 15 seconds every few games. Contribute like Probert did for the wings or how Nilan did for us.

yep

• 2 weeks later...

Cooke is already taken,thank God.

Definitely not Hab material.

yep

Goon just costs the team money in fines... We're already one of the most penalized team in the league... We need toughness, not necessarily a good or enforcer.

We have always played the game the way it was meant to be played like the 1975 New Years game with the Red Army team great hockey not WWF.

• 2 weeks later...

We have always played the game the way it was meant to be played like the 1975 New Years game with the Red Army team great hockey not WWF.

I agree we don't need an enforcer,I think we do fine without one, as for toughness,our guys are tough when you see Gio give hits on Chara or Cammi take on all comers,Cammi is supposed to be pound for pound the strongest man in the league,alright he's only 5 8 but that is still a lot of strength and you never see Pleks run away and he will hit anyone or push them off the puck,I am Okay with our team,I like the speed the little guys bring to our team

GO HABS GO :lol: :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived