The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #24 Buffalo @ Montreal Sat,27 2010

Forever_Habs10

muppetsluggedgu332441-1.jpg

Lets Getter Done Right Tonight...Lets Go Habs!

Say Hello To The Team

anigif.gif

anigif2.gif

cats1.jpg

cats-1.jpg

A morning skate after an effort like last night's 3-0 mess in Atlanta probably won't do a team a lot of good. So the Canadiens have canned their morning session today ahead of tonight's Bell Centre contest against the Buffalo Sabres, who are coming off a 3-1 home ice win last night over Toronto.

Recent history suggests the Habs are due for a win. After having won four straight, the team has gone loss-win-loss-win-loss in its last five games.

No word yet who plays goal for Buffalo against Montreal's Carey Price. Ryan Miller, who looked excellent with 35 saves against Toronto last night upon his return from a two-game groin injury, would bring a 17-7-5 lifetime record vs. the Habs into the game.

The Sabres come to the Bell Centre tonight following a very emotional win over the Maple Leafs. Those Sabres-Leaf games in Buffalo are always loud affairs, with enemy fans invading the building and chanting whatever it is they chant.

But Patrick Kaleta got the Buffalo fans back on his team's side with this hit and fight early in the contest (below) and the Leafs proceeded to self-destruct shortly after, with Colton Orr being assessed a triple minor for roughing (never saw that before) while the Sabres Mike Weber got only two minutes. The Sabres struck twice on the power play and cruised from there to a 3-1 win, only their second victory in the past five games.

Here's A Sideshow From Our Last Meeting With Buffalo...

2m4dhjbjpg.gif

And A Big Thank You To Clues,For Her Assistance With The Jumbo-tron Pic Abov. :)

And Meet The Visitors...anigif-1.gif

GO_HABS_GO_14485-1.gif

Great game day thread Forever HABS ten

I really cannot remember when

The game day threads were so good

Hop it's a winner,knock on wood

I don't care what happened yesterday

It's in the past,gone away,

Tonight is a night for redemption

They have to play hard without exemption

Carey tonight will be back in net

He can't do it all please don't forget

The players all know what is expected

Whatever went wrong has to be corrected

Your fans their faith can never be in doubt

Even though we suffered a terrible route

Lets look forward forget the past

This kind of aberration will not last

Tonight we play the beast of the plains

So the only thing to say remains

GO HABS GO :D :D

From Buffalo's game last night vs Leafs....hate those leafs,but found myself rooting on Schenn.

A BIG THANKS to you FH and Clues. :)

Just WOW on the GDT.

As for tonites game,,,,I hope JM got the whip out,,,to persuade the team to stay out of the box. The Pk can only do so much and the PP is,,,well, best left unsaid.

5 on 5 has to be better.

Of the 16 teams that (as of now) are in the POs,,,,,we are the lowest scoring team. :(

Out goalies are doing their best,,,,,but some of the others,,,<rant trails off> .

Anywho,,,,,let's be better than them, and win it,,,,,gosh-darn it!!!!!!

Wow FH. Just wow! Incredible job!

PS. All the Sabres look really creepy.

I was just about to say that :lol:

Good job on the thread FH. And Clues, those animated things you do (what's the proper word for them?) They add a nice touch to the thread. :)

I think this will be a tough one too though. :(

From Buffalo's game last night vs Leafs....hate those leafs,but found myself rooting on Schenn.

Saw the play and on the one hand a good hit by Kaleta but on the other, he leaves his feet and he is clearly targeting a guy who is already being pushed into the boards by one of his teammates. In the NFL you can't take a run at a player who is already being engaged by another blocker like that, and I think Kaleta's intent there was definitely to try and run over a vulnerable player. As you said, sad to defend the Leafs on something, but this type of hit is what puts players at risk of concussions. I have to say that I thought Powe would be suspended for his two head shots, one of which was from behind. I thought Briere would be suspended for his spear to Eller's groin. And I think Kaleta should be suspended at least for a game for that type of hit. But the NHL seems intent on only punishing players whose hits inflict serious injury and only in certain cases.

Very Nice GDT FH!

As for the Canadiens...Just score a lot of goals and WIN THE GAME DAMNIT <_< *Shakes Fist*

Hard to do against Ryan Miller. It would be nice to do so though :lol:

I think the key to tonight is for Carey to have a good solid game and for us to pick our opportunities wisely. Vanek is on fire right now and he can really burn you on bad turnovers.

Tonight will not be a walk in the park

Our HABS have to get back in out of the dark

We have no one but ourselves to blame

To lose again tonight would be a shame

But we won't even go there

We need some scoring out of our top pair

We mustn't let it get them down

Keep on smiling never frown

Our face off stats have gone to the floor

We need those face offs to help us score

We have to play like we are winning

We don't use enough under pinning

We need to make sure we keep the rubber

Instead of skating around in flubber

Slowing down is just crazy

It makes our team look really lazy

We are supposed to be really swift

We need a win our spirits to lift

It's no good for a team to turn up late

Get off your backsides and really skate

So come out boys like you care

A repeat,you wouldn't dare!!!!!!!

There is a lesson that has to be learned

A playoff spot has to be earned

GO HABS GO

Get off your backsides and skate

Saw the play and on the one hand a good hit by Kaleta but on the other, he leaves his feet and he is clearly targeting a guy who is already being pushed into the boards by one of his teammates. In the NFL you can't take a run at a player who is already being engaged by another blocker like that, and I think Kaleta's intent there was definitely to try and run over a vulnerable player. As you said, sad to defend the Leafs on something, but this type of hit is what puts players at risk of concussions. I have to say that I thought Powe would be suspended for his two head shots, one of which was from behind. I thought Briere would be suspended for his spear to Eller's groin. And I think Kaleta should be suspended at least for a game for that type of hit. But the NHL seems intent on only punishing players whose hits inflict serious injury and only in certain cases.

I just watched the hit a second ago. That is definitely worthy of a suspension. However I, personally, think that Powe's hit on Halpern was much worse and I am disgusted that he was not suspended. Especially because of the hit he layed on Gorges earlier in the game in which he was assessed a penalty for elbowing. I think that that him getting a minor penalty for a dangerous check earlier in the game should have been a severely aggravating factor in a decision whether or not to suspend. I am completely appalled that Powe was not suspended and judging by the league's decision, Kaleta likely will not be suspended either. But who knows? The league is very inconsistent and seems to pick favourites when it comes to decisions like these.

Interesting to see if JM has learned anything from the way he fills out his line-up tonight. After another miserable game from the geezers on D, I'd like to see Weber get a chance on the blue line tonight and give one of the others a one-game rest, although I know JM won't go for it. Up front, I'd again like to see him go back to what works and to get top 6 guys playing top 6 roles and bottom 6 guys playing bottom 6 roles. this would be my choice:

AK46-Pleks-Cammalleri

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta

Eller-Halpern-Darche

Pyatt-Lapierre-Boyd

Hamrlik-Weber

Spacek-Gorges

Picard-Subban

the NHL seems intent on only punishing players whose hits inflict serious injury and only in certain cases.

Bingo <_<

I just watched the hit a second ago. That is definitely worthy of a suspension. However I, personally, think that Powe's hit on Halpern was much worse and I am disgusted that he was not suspended. Especially because of the hit he layed on Gorges earlier in the game in which he was assessed a penalty for elbowing. I think that the fact that him getting a minor penalty for a dangerous check earlier in the game should have been a severely aggravating factor in a decision whether or not to suspend. I am completely appalled that Powe was not suspended and judging by the league's decision, Kaleta likely will not be suspended either. But who knows? The league is very inconsistent and seems to pick favourites when it comes to decisions like these.

completely agreed that the Powe hit on Halpern broke two key rules of not hitting the head from a blind angle and not hitting from behind. How he escaped suspension is beyond me. I doubt Kaleta will be suspended since the Sabres play tonight... the league would have had to make an announcement at least saying it was being reviewed by now.

Great game day thread Forever_HABS10

Hope it's a winner,knock on wood

So do I Maddie...so do I. :P

Interesting to see if JM has learned anything from the way he fills out his line-up tonight. After another miserable game from the geezers on D, I'd like to see Weber get a chance on the blue line tonight and give one of the others a one-game rest, although I know JM won't go for it. Up front, I'd again like to see him go back to what works and to get top 6 guys playing top 6 roles and bottom 6 guys playing bottom 6 roles. this would be my choice:

AK46-Pleks-Cammalleri

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta

Eller-Halpern-Darche

Pyatt-Lapierre-Boyd

Hamrlik-Weber

Spacek-Gorges

Picard-Subban

I agree that Gill was awful last night, however I think that Hamrlik was just as bad, and if not, worse. The only difference was that Gill had worse luck as the mistakes that he made led to two goals against. Hamrlik is really scary when he tries to hold the blueline, he makes horrible breakout passes that often end up on the other team's stick in the neutral zone, he takes a gamely penalty that is unnecessary and often only occur because he is too slow to keep up anymore. Plus, he takes a lot of horrible shots on the PP or when we have a long period of sustained forecheck in the offensive zone. We will have consistent pressure for a good amount of time, and then he will often take a useless, soft shot through an impossible amount of traffic, causing the puck to be turned over and our great time of possession goes to complete waste. I'm very frustrated with Hamrlik and I would rather he sit tonight than Gill, who is usually much less careless with the puck and much more defensively aware.

Guest habs1952

AK46-Pleks-Cammalleri

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta

Eller-Halpern-Darche

Pyatt-Lapierre-Boyd

Hamrlik-Weber

Spacek-Gorges

Picard-Subban

I'm wondering if Gomez's speed may not be useful on the wing. After all, he isn't accomplishing very much as a centerman so far this season.

AK46-Pleks-Cammalleri

Gomez-Eller-Gionta

Pouliot-Halpern-Darche

Pyatt-Lapierre-Boyd

completely agreed that the Powe hit on Halpern broke two key rules of not hitting the head from a blind angle and not hitting from behind. How he escaped suspension is beyond me. I doubt Kaleta will be suspended since the Sabres play tonight... the league would have had to make an announcement at least saying it was being reviewed by now.

Like I said, I'm not surprised that they are letting it go. They really only seem to suspend when they feel like it; as in it depends on their mood at the time of the incident. It's very unpredictable and I find it extremely irritating.

I resign.

Don't leave me alone in here.......with them people. :lol::lol:

Archived