The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Linus Omark Ot Goal

Guest Regis2

What are your thoughts ?

Seems to be some sour grapes by the Lightening

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=345095

Other than the little spinneramma, which if he falls or misses the puck he looks like a goat, but I see nothing wrong with it

Sidney Crosby could do trick shots too. I like his Mike Legg goal in Juniors. That kind of ***** doesn't belong in the NHL.

i think it's awesome! Players can express themselves by creating/trying some new stuff in the shootouts. It's a little cocky, since he obviously hadn't earned respect yet (lol) but he's always been a flashy player ...just go check out his shootout goals while he was still in Sweden!

Frankly, I don't see the problem. The kid got skills, why shouldn't he use them? Because it could hurt the other team's feelings? Gimme a break :lol:

It's total news to me that you have to earn respect first before you're allowed to score a pretty goal.

^

This

Instead of crying and moaning maybe they should have went out in the off season and got a better goalie :lol:

LMAO!! :lol:

..still loving the goal!

Frankly, I don't see the problem. The kid got skills, why shouldn't he use them? Because it could hurt the other team's feelings? Gimme a break :lol:

It's total news to me that you have to earn respect first before you're allowed to score a pretty goal.

Dan Ellis PLEASE READ THIS! thanks.

@ Martin Saint Louis: don't know if srs

Seriously. These guys are being paid millions of dollars to play a sport that they love, and also to entertain the fans. Someone tries something outside the box and people cry foul? In essence, fans pay for the salaries that the NHL'ers get, so they deserve to get something in return every once and a while in the form of entertainment, and Omark did just that. For someone who is being paid millions of dollars to cry foul? Grow a pair.

Now, had he scored that goal, rode his stick to center ice and do the Sean Avery pushup celebration, I could understand. But a goal? :huh:

What are your thoughts ?

Seems to be some sour grapes by the Lightening

Also by a few other coaches...Ron Wilson was furious.....as if it matters.

Here's my thinking...if the shoot-out is to remain,anything goes is my thought...don't cry about it or how a player makes his move,maybe the goalies needs to come up with new way of stopping the puck.

Funny,there's those who are all for shoot-outs...want it to be exciting for the fans...but moan & cry ***** when the players are being creative out there.

Just my thoughts. ;)

+1...I hear ya bro.

I know I'm late ... But ... Isn't this the point of the shootout though?

It's not the first time we've seen cheeky stuff in the shootout, if Stamkos did that the media would be all over how great it was...I think this is just another case of prejudice in the NHL...

The only negative aspect to that whole thing was the spin-o-rama at the beginning, and that's only negative if you're his coach or a teammate because he could have lost the puck.

As a fan it was awesome and a lot of fun to watch.

As an opponent I would wish that the other team would try a spin-o-rama before every shot. It doesn't help them at all, and they might end up dropping the puck as a result.

Yeah, agreed, it was quite alright.

If your the opposition, I would think you should have bigger things to get worked up about. I mean, you just lost the game, and the spineroo wasn't the reason.

Shootout is about entertainment and putting the game to rest. Both were accomplished.

I think any one who thinks this is out of place is an old fuddy duddy,I think it's great we should see more plays like this, alright so it's a bit of showmanship so what the hell is wrong with that,they said that about Mohamed Ali and look what he did, nothing wrong with fancy plays if they work, he got the goal,I am fed up with players complaining about showing no respect,what the hell is this finishing school,you never respect your opponent on the ice you are out there to win,anyway who the hell do they think they are you have to earn respect as well not just the kids,I say leave them alone and let them play I am so tired of all the B***** moaning I love to see some fun on the ice

GO KIDS GO :lol: :lol:

I didn't even think it was that impressive. :lol: So what, he did a little spin move at the center dot!? The NHL wants excitement and to garner new fans. Well, this type of thing will do that for them. The other week Pavel Datsyuk attempted a between the legs shot during the game. Not on a penalty shot. Not during the shootout. During the game. He was stopped, but it was awesome. If other players don't like it, fine. But don't go raining on someone else's parade. Just go out there and win the game if you're upset by it.

Archived