The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #31: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 Flyers @ Canadiens 7:30 Pm

GreekHockeyCoach

Go Habs go... But don't burn yourselves out playing the flyers. Need you to win against the bruins on Thursday.

Still no news on Gomez... Not sure if putting Patches with gomez would help the line or hinder Pacthes.

i kinda like the match up, but i'm looking at patches from the ahl game. lot of pressure coming back up, esp since he should realize deshairnais is on his back, or right up his alley, what have you, so the flyers could be tired- should be tired- let's win it.

Guest habs1952

Please use this thread to talk about the game. I closed the other thread because I deemed that it was inappropriate. We need maintain the integrity of the Montreal Canadiens forum by showing class towards other NHL teams.

Thank you.

Awesome GDT GHC! :lol: :lol: :lol:

GO HABS GO!!!!!!

Great GDT Mathradio, & GreekHockeyCoach Lets Hope Its a Winning One

Go Habs Go !! Time To Get Out Of The Slump

Great To See Pacioretty Back In The Line Up & The Possible Gomez Return Habs Are In a Good Seat Right Now & Should Win Both At Home Before The 7 Game Road Trip & I Will Say If The Team Playes Hard Like They Have Been 5/7 Wins On The Trip

Oh btw, I predict another lopsided game as far as the penalties are concerned.....just like the Red wings game, any bets? B)

If Thats The Case I Hope Habs Are On The Goal Side (5 or 6) & Fylers On The Penalty Box Side (5 - 10)

Thus 5 - 10 PP For Habs & 5 - 6 Goals For Habs Please Please Please :D

Wed, 15 Dec 2010 7:30 PM Flyers Canadiens RDS(HD), TSN(HD)

WWW.jpg

Flyers hot as they head to Montreal

It will be the suddenly first overall Flyers providing the opposition tonight when they skate onto the Bell Centre ice to play the Canadiens. While so much attention had been focused on the Penguins 12-game winning streak, the Flyers were quietly keeping pace and have been on a run of 8-1-3 in their last 12.

The Flyers still bring their characteristic physical play to each game but they also can dazzle as the often maligned Nikolai Zherdev -- who can be seen in some ways as the Flyers version of Alex Kovalev -- scored this very stylish goal below. It gave the Flyers a 2-1 lead in the second period of Tuesday night's 3-2 win over the Pens. Leading up to the match, the Philly media called it the biggest game of the year so far.

Lets Go Habbies...this is gonna be a hell of tough game tonight...I hope we'll up to the challenge...lets play smart discipline/in-your-face (go to the net boys) hockey & never mine the words games...RIGHT RICHARDS?

GO SUBBAN/GO PRICE/GO CAMM/GO PAC/GO GIO/GO AK/GO PLEK/GO GORGES............GO HABS GO!...PHILLY GO DOWN TONIGHT!

Still no news on Gomez... Not sure if putting Patches with gomez would help the line or hinder Pacthes.

CareyPriceTorontoMapleLeafsvMontrealstbXKswW_mql.jpg

Sure hope Gomez is fine & ready to go.

Scott Gomez skated on his own before practice on Monday. Both he and Spacek are day-to-day and might practice tomorrow, at which time their availability for Wednesday against the Flyers will be assessed.

Practice Lines

Forwards:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Moen

Pacioretty - Pyatt - Gionta

Pouliot - Eller - Darche

Kostitsyn - Halpern - Lapierre

Defencemen:

Hamrlik - Subban

Gill - Boyd

Picard - Weber

Goaltenders:

Price

Auld

Missing: Gomez (lower body), Spacek

Early report from HIO

Scott Gomez and Jaroslav Spacek appear ready to play against the Philadelphia Flyers tonight at 7 p.m. at the Bell Centre. Both participated in the morning skate in Brossard and were with their usual partners. Gomez was between Max Pacioretty and Brian Gionta while Spacek was paired with Roman Hamrlik on defence.

Yannick Weber will be a healthy scratch along with Tom Pyatt and Dustin Boyd.

Early report from HIO

Scott Gomez and Jaroslav Spacek appear ready to play against the Philadelphia Flyers tonight at 7 p.m. at the Bell Centre. Both participated in the morning skate in Brossard and were with their usual partners. Gomez was between Max Pacioretty and Brian Gionta while Spacek was paired with Roman Hamrlik on defence.

Yannick Weber will be a healthy scratch along with Tom Pyatt and Dustin Boyd.

This is now confirmed by JM

So Gomez, Spacek --> in

Weber, Pyatt, Boyd --> Out

Philadelphia played last night. Then they had to travel to Montreal. We had better get all over them this game. We are well rested and have no excuse for a poor game. I want to see a convincing Habs win tonight.

....which is why the Habs will probably look like the slower, more tired team. These things just never work out the way we want them, it seems. The Philly players probably got no sleep, while the Habs have been on an extended vacation, but I'll bet it's the Flyers who are all over us. Other teams can always find that "extra gear" that the Habs appear to lack when it counts most.

I hope I'm wrong, but......

(...just call me Mr. Negative.)

(...of course, if I'm right, then I'm Mr. Reality.)

(Reality can be negative a lot of the time. Just ask the Islanders.)

This is now confirmed by JM

So Gomez, Spacek --> in

Weber, Pyatt, Boyd --> Out

Great News :)

So despite Pac's addition, Moen's still on the first line? o_O

At least all 4 lines have offensive potential.

Excellent This Is The Way It Should Be Now Lets Hope It Works ;)

I Take It #31 Is Starting Tonight

I would like to see AK on the first line which im shure by the end of the game he will be if he tries hard enough. I really like the looks of the top 2

we know the 3rd line is playing good hockey together and with moen on the 4th. and the energy hes had playing on the top 2.. he could bring a spark and crash somebodies.. that would be nice

CareyPriceTorontoMapleLeafsvMontrealstbXKswW_mql.jpg

Sure hope Gomez is fine & ready to go.

Scott Gomez skated on his own before practice on Monday. Both he and Spacek are day-to-day and might practice tomorrow, at which time their availability for Wednesday against the Flyers will be assessed.

Practice Lines

Forwards:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Moen

Pacioretty - Pyatt - Gionta

Pouliot - Eller - Darche

Kostitsyn - Halpern - Lapierre

Defencemen:

Hamrlik - Subban

Gill - Boyd

Picard - Weber

Goaltenders:

Price

Auld

Missing: Gomez (lower body), Spacek

Gomez,Gionta and Pacioretty the #1 line for today.Homecoming dance Friars against St.Canadiens,saints take it 2-0.

Wed, 15 Dec 2010 7:30 PM Flyers Canadiens RDS(HD), TSN(HD)

WWW.jpg

Flyers hot as they head to Montreal

It will be the suddenly first overall Flyers providing the opposition tonight when they skate onto the Bell Centre ice to play the Canadiens. While so much attention had been focused on the Penguins 12-game winning streak, the Flyers were quietly keeping pace and have been on a run of 8-1-3 in their last 12.

The Flyers still bring their characteristic physical play to each game but they also can dazzle as the often maligned Nikolai Zherdev -- who can be seen in some ways as the Flyers version of Alex Kovalev -- scored this very stylish goal below. It gave the Flyers a 2-1 lead in the second period of Tuesday night's 3-2 win over the Pens. Leading up to the match, the Philly media called it the biggest game of the year so far.

Lets Go Habbies...this is gonna be a hell of tough game tonight...I hope we'll up to the challenge...lets play smart discipline/in-your-face (go to the net boys) hockey & never mine the words games...RIGHT RICHARDS?

GO SUBBAN/GO PRICE/GO CAMM/GO PAC/GO GIO/GO AK/GO PLEK/GO GORGES............GO HABS GO!...PHILLY GO DOWN TONIGHT!

Great GDT Forever Habs #10 looking forward to a good old fashioned Butt Kicking for dem Friars.

Archived