The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #34 | Montreal Canadiens Vs. Dallas Stars | Dec. 21. @ 9pm

beaubie

awesome gdt beabie! it gives me a kidnapping vibe i like it :P

Kidnapping? :blink: lol Thanks. Hopefully we'll be kidnapping two points tomorrow night.

_______

These were the lines at practice as per Habs I/O:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Eller

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta

Kostitsyn - Halpern - Moen

Darche - Pyatt - Lapierre

Alexandre Picard missed practice for treatment. The D pairings:

Subban - Weber

Hamrlik - Spacek

Gorges - Gill

Kidnapping? :blink: lol Thanks. Hopefully we'll be kidnapping two points tomorrow night.

_______

These were the lines at practice as per Habs I/O:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Eller

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta

Kostitsyn - Halpern - Moen

Darche - Pyatt - Lapierre

Alexandre Picard missed practice for treatment. The D pairings:

Subban - Weber

Hamrlik - Spacek

Gorges - Gill

like a ransom note :PRansom+Note.jpg

Thanks guys!

This was the lineup Dallas had their last two games. Thought I'd add this since I don't have it at the top.

Neal-Richards-Eriksson

Morrow-Ribeiro-Benn

Ott-Burish-Segal

Sutherby-Wandell-Petersen

Grossman-Robidas

Woywitka-Daley

Skrastins-Fistric

It's weird because out of a few names, I have no idea who the rest of the team is. It's Dallas so I was expecting that, it's just a tad odd to me.

Kidnapping thread is very imaginative beaubie,,,,,,I like it,,,,shows you were thinking "outside the box".

This is going to be a "tough row to hoe" Dal is 11-3-2 on home ice and 6-2-2 in their last 10. while we are 7-7-0 on the road and 5-4-1 in our last 10. I don't like those stats, but I REALLY hope we can do the job, and get the W.

This is CLASSIC! :lol: If they win tomorrow I shall use this image from then on ... :lol: If they don't ... I'm probably going to use it anyway :lol:

I think it should be your new sig or avatar. That was hilarious. :lol:

very disappointed to see two things:

1. AK46 scratched over Moen.

2. Picard in over Weber

On the first count, I ask again, what has Moen done for us lately that merits his being in the line-up. He's slow. He's shown over and over this year that he can't bury the best of chances, and his penalty-killing skills, while somewhat valuable, are easily replaceable, since we have quite a few guys who can play the PK well: Halpern, Pleks, Gio, Pyatt, Laps, even Gomez. AK has been struggling but no more than other forwards were earlier in the year. I really think the best thing for him would have been to stay in the line-up and stay with a guy who can help set him up, like Pleks or Eller. Playing with Halpern is pretty useless as well, but again, disappointed to see JM favoring a guy like Moen over AK.

On the second count, now would have been a perfect time to get Weber back in. I think we need to live and learn with PK Subban, but Picard has been going through a difficult stretch and apparently has some small injury that caused him to miss practice. Why not take that opportunity to rest Picard and get Weber a game in, while also allowing one of Gorges or Spacek to get back to their natural side. My second choice to sit would have been Gill, who has looked even more laboriously slow over the past couple of games. His PK prowess is starting to be out-weighed by the number of chances he is giving up due to his lack of speed. Maybe Gill slides back in against a team like Carolina, but against a team like Dallas, I am worried about his performance.

very disappointed to see two things:

1. AK46 scratched over Moen.

2. Picard in over Weber

On the first count, I ask again, what has Moen done for us lately that merits his being in the line-up. He's slow. He's shown over and over this year that he can't bury the best of chances, and his penalty-killing skills, while somewhat valuable, are easily replaceable, since we have quite a few guys who can play the PK well: Halpern, Pleks, Gio, Pyatt, Laps, even Gomez. AK has been struggling but no more than other forwards were earlier in the year. I really think the best thing for him would have been to stay in the line-up and stay with a guy who can help set him up, like Pleks or Eller. Playing with Halpern is pretty useless as well, but again, disappointed to see JM favoring a guy like Moen over AK.

On the second count, now would have been a perfect time to get Weber back in. I think we need to live and learn with PK Subban, but Picard has been going through a difficult stretch and apparently has some small injury that caused him to miss practice. Why not take that opportunity to rest Picard and get Weber a game in, while also allowing one of Gorges or Spacek to get back to their natural side. My second choice to sit would have been Gill, who has looked even more laboriously slow over the past couple of games. His PK prowess is starting to be out-weighed by the number of chances he is giving up due to his lack of speed. Maybe Gill slides back in against a team like Carolina, but against a team like Dallas, I am worried about his performance.

Agreed on both points. I came on to post exactly this, but now I see that I don't have to :)

Archived