The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Game #34 | Montreal Canadiens Vs. Dallas Stars | Dec. 21. @ 9pm

beaubie

Then Weber should be in and he should be out. JM is doing a bad job, he should be able to see that Gorges is struggling. Give him some time to rest. Weber is capable enough out there.

Fair point, but Picard is also hurt and Gill, Subban, and Spacek have had shaky moments, so it's not like we can replace them all. they're all struggling, I don't know how much of Gorges's struggles are injury-related and what is just the team playing poorly.

You're absolutely right, the names I mentioned aren't fighters. But, it wouldn't be as big of a loss if we lost one of those guys for a few weeks cos they broke a finger in a fight or worse, dislocated a shoulder.

I want to see PK stay with the Habs a long time... Which means sticking to his game. There's a reason why enforcers, grinders, yappers and tough guys aren't your scorers... Cos they're a dime a dozen(anyone can do that). A guy like PK can't be replace with a quick transaction or call up, but 3rd and 4th liners can be.

100% agreed. Don't enjoy seeing PK fight and would rather it were Moen or Pyatt or Lapierre for sure, but the pluggers on our team just don't do that. We have very little intimidation factor, one of the reasons I though Ryan White would have added elements Moen doesn't at the start of the year. Younger guys typically fight more, and White is a better skater and hits more (and costs less).

They're wasting Price by keeping him in this game... At least give auld some much needed icetime. Specially when the game's this far gone. It's not like it'll make matters worse... A loss is still a loss.

Don't think he's back though.

JM's decision making wasn't there from the get go. What message did he send to AK by sitting him in the press box? We'd rather lose 4-1 without you than 3-2 with you?? I am frustrated as hell because this is what we saw from him last season too.

Fair point, but Picard is also hurt and Gill, Subban, and Spacek have had shaky moments, so it's not like we can replace them all. they're all struggling, I don't know how much of Gorges's struggles are injury-related and what is just the team playing poorly.

100% agreed. Don't enjoy seeing PK fight and would rather it were Moen or Pyatt or Lapierre for sure, but the pluggers on our team just don't do that. We have very little intimidation factor, one of the reasons I though Ryan White would have added elements Moen doesn't at the start of the year. Younger guys typically fight more, and White is a better skater and hits more (and costs less).

That's another thing... They think one guy (moen) can do it all himself. He needs some sort of supporting cast, someone to back him up.

This has been a big issue for me since JM took over. He puts players in roles that aren't really suited to their strengths, then when they fail, the fans and media are all over them.

I think that's just about all she wrote...

Grades for tonight:

Price - C

Gorges - C-

Gill - D

Subban - D

Spacek - C-

Hamrlik - B-

Picard - F

Pleks - B

Cammalleri - D

Eller - C-

Gomez - B-