The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

I Don't Get It.

kinot-1

For me,,,,i dont get the big addiction to texting. I cant even see the damn letters on those tiny keyboards. :lol: I can see a lot of people developing carple tunnel ( is that how you spell it? :blink: ) as they age.

Yeah. I can't even have a conversation with my sister because she gets over 5,000 texts a week. Know how much I text? I don't text. That's how much I text.

I hate when people randomly yell in a public place like Wal-Mart. What's the point? Can it really not wait until you BFF gets down the rest of the aisle?

For me,,,,i dont get the big addiction to texting. I cant even see the damn letters on those tiny keyboards. :lol: I can see a lot of people developing carple tunnel ( is that how you spell it? :blink: ) as they age.

That bugs me as well. If you have to text back and forth so many times,,,,for crying out loud,,,,,,call them up and you can yap all you want. <_<

I think we need to add more chlorine to the gene pool. :P

That bugs me as well. If you have to text back and forth so many times,,,,for crying out loud,,,,,,call them up and you can yap all you want. <_<

I think we need to add more chlorine to the gene pool. :P

Amen

Another thing I don't get about texting is the message it sends to people. "I like you, but not enough to actually talk to you."

Amen

Another thing I don't get about texting is the message it sends to people. "I like you, but not enough to actually talk to you."

:lol::lol:

While watching last nite's TO game with my GF,,,she started texting her daughter. I figured maybe it would be over in a cpl. of min. WRONG,,,,,,,This went on for about 1/2 an hour. I finally asked her why she didn't call her daughter and she told me that she already said goodbye 4 times, :blink:

Those darn things are SOOOOOOOOOO annoying. :angry::angry:

'Nuther thing I don't get,,,,is why, when "some" people go to hockey games and sit next to the glass, they pound on the glass whenever an opposing player comes near. :blink:

Can anyone explain that to me? <_<

'Nuther thing I don't get,,,,is why, when "some" people go to hockey games and sit next to the glass, they pound on the glass whenever an opposing player comes near. :blink:

Can anyone explain that to me? <_<

I'd probably do it myself, but that's just to be a jerk...

I don't get the people on their cell phones the ENTIRE game, and then turn around to the camera and wave.

"Hi, did you see me for the 1500th time this game? No? Ok look now!!!!"

This happened at the game I went to Friday night(my local team)

#40 for my favorite team hit someone blindside on the head, and into the boards. Then he was too busy fighting someone over the unconscious player to let the trainer get to him. Then, the person sitting a few rows over from me proclaimed to everyone in the section that the unconscious player was faking it, and that he has no balance when he fell over after getting up. Then, when it was announced that #40 had a major penalty(which IMO should have been more), he made it his business to go down and personally give the ref the bird and came back to his seat still red in the face(no, he wasn't drunk, he never had a beer entire the entire game).

I don't get it. Hockey has no room for goons like that guy or #40.

I'd probably do it myself, but that's just to be a jerk...

I don't get the people on their cell phones the ENTIRE game, and then turn around to the camera and wave.

"Hi, did you see me for the 1500th time this game? No? Ok look now!!!!"

I see that alot during the games,,,,,,,,,,bugs me too. <_<

This happened at the game I went to Friday night(my local team)

#40 for my favorite team hit someone blindside on the head, and into the boards. Then he was too busy fighting someone over the unconscious player to let the trainer get to him. Then, the person sitting a few rows over from me proclaimed to everyone in the section that the unconscious player was faking it, and that he has no balance when he fell over after getting up. Then, when it was announced that #40 had a major penalty(which IMO should have been more), he made it his business to go down and personally give the ref the bird and came back to his seat still red in the face(no, he wasn't drunk, he never had a beer entire the entire game).

I don't get it. Hockey has no room for goons like that guy or #40.

He must have been related to #40. <_<

Watched the weather today on TV. I know it's been going on for a while now,,,,,,,but why do the weather persons use the term "Value" ,,,,,instead of "Temperature" ?

Something like,,,,,"Upper values" or "Normal Values"

Nope,,,,don't get that one either.

Why do people insist on asking me what I'm willing to pay for a text book when they clearly have it listed at a specific price and make no mention of negotiating? I'm willing to pay what you listed it as, that's why I contacted you. :rolleyes: This has happened three times to me...all with the same text book too. And at three different price points. I don't get it.

Ahh university.

Why do people insist on asking me what I'm willing to pay for a text book when they clearly have it listed at a specific price and make no mention of negotiating? I'm willing to pay what you listed it as, that's why I contacted you. :rolleyes: This has happened three times to me...all with the same text book too. And at three different price points. I don't get it.

Ahh university.

If the seller says that the book is $$,,,then I would assume that is what they want. If they say they are asking $$,,,then it's negotiable. Nothing to hard about that.

I agree with you beaubie.

Nuther thing,,,why is it that whenever a friend or family calls on the phone,,,,,,,they ask you what your doing. :blink: Ater our daughter left home, she used to ask that that whenever I answered her call. I tried everything I could think of,,,,,"talking to you",,,,"going to the bathroom",,,etc. ,,etc.Nothing worked. I finally got her to stop when I said (paraphrasing here) "doing something with your mother". She didn't ask again. :lol:

I'll chime in on the texting thing. I'm a young whipper-snapper, but I wear my pants at my waist where they should be, (unless they fall down against my will :P).

Texting is just an easier way to communicate sometimes. It's not always practical to call people, and sometimes it's good because you can talk privately when you otherwise wouldn't be able to have a private conversation.

I'll chime in on the texting thing. I'm a young whipper-snapper, but I wear my pants at my waist where they should be, (unless they fall down against my will :P).

Texting is just an easier way to communicate sometimes. It's not always practical to call people, and sometimes it's good because you can talk privately when you otherwise wouldn't be able to have a private conversation.

You make a good point. However, the people that we all dislike and the people that annoy us are the textaholics, like my sister who gets almost 500 texts a day. That doesn't seem like the kind of person that you are, although I may be wrong given that the English language doesn't translate to text very well.

I'm far from a text a holic, sure, every now and then (once every couple of months) I'll end up sending maybe 100 or so in a day. Usually it's around 10 or so, I simply get tired of talking about mundane, boring things. Well, that and I'm not popular enough :P

I'm far from a text a holic, sure, every now and then (once every couple of months) I'll end up sending maybe 100 or so in a day. Usually it's around 10 or so, I simply get tired of talking about mundane, boring things. Well, that and I'm not popular enough :P

100 or so texts? :blink: It takes less time to talk than it does for texting..I would think. Maybe that's why I don't get it. <_<

I don't mind that texting, it can be convenient because you can carry on multiple conversations and you don't necessarily interrupt something on the other end. Like I said, its the textaholics.

100 or so texts? :blink: It takes less time to talk than it does for texting..I would think. Maybe that's why I don't get it. <_<

If I'm not at home, it would cost me 40 cents/min to call people on my cell phone, but i can send texts to multiple people for free, and carry on a few conversations silently without annoyingly calling someone while I'm in the car with my family for example. I agree with the calling thing for the most part, I usually do just call people, but sometimes it's more practical to text.

If I'm not at home, it would cost me 40 cents/min to call people on my cell phone, but i can send texts to multiple people for free, and carry on a few conversations silently without annoyingly calling someone while I'm in the car with my family for example. I agree with the calling thing for the most part, I usually do just call people, but sometimes it's more practical to text.

I'm in the same boat when it comes to cost. That's the main reason why I text. And of course it's more feasible and quick even though it may seem like phone call would be faster. Silence is a big part too. Thankfully, none of my friends text me random useles things, so for me, texting is verymuch about being informed about things.

Pictures,,,,,,,I don't get them either <_< . I have a bunch of CDs full of family pictures and movies. I can't remember the last time I looked at them. It was probably when I put them on the CDs. I don't know who would want them after I am gone, as most of my kids and previous wives, have got "their" CD pics & movies. I doubt if my current Gf (and executor) would have any interest in pictures from my 2 previous marriages. :blink: She has her pics and movies of us.

Pictures,,,,,,,I don't get them either <_< . I have a bunch of CDs full of family pictures and movies. I can't remember the last time I looked at them. It was probably when I put them on the CDs. I don't know who would want them after I am gone, as most of my kids and previous wives, have got "their" CD pics & movies. I doubt if my current Gf (and executor) would have any interest in pictures from my 2 previous marriages. :blink: She has her pics and movies of us.

pictures work much bettr when on facebook :P

On the topic of pictures, I don't understand why everyone takes so many pictures!, everyone is either a "photographer" or every time they get together with friends they take a million pictures of all of them. I mean if your with your friends quit posing for pictures and enjoy the time...

My "Friend" albeit really smart smokes his life away. But he has a lot of initiative. In middle school he had a comp and networking business where he built comps for people and set up office networks.

and now in high school he has a fairly successful photography business

It's one of the downfalls of a digital camera. Unless you are diligent and get the pictures printed, they pretty much stay in the digital realm forever. It's sad really, that's why I've been leaving on my Canon film camera a bit more. Not only as an artistic hobby but for photos that I actually want to have later to put in an album or what have you. I also spend more time when taking the pictures because I don't have rolls and rolls of film to waste unlike GBs. I'm still guilty of taking a lot of pictures though.

It's one of the downfalls of a digital camera. Unless you are diligent and get the pictures printed, they pretty much stay in the digital realm forever. It's sad really, that's why I've been leaving on my Canon film camera a bit more. Not only as an artistic hobby but for photos that I actually want to have later to put in an album or what have you. I also spend more time when taking the pictures because I don't have rolls and rolls of film to waste unlike GBs. I'm still guilty of taking a lot of pictures though.

kodachrome just went out D:

Nuther thing,,,,,,,,I don't get women/girls (I haven't seen any boys/men) wearing PJs in stores. It's like they just got up and decided to go to the store. Throw a coat on and your good to go. Laziness, or is it the "new" style? It certainly isn't very warm.

I don't get it!!! :blink:

Archived