The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #36 ~ Canadiens @ Islanders. Sunday, December 26th, 2010.

Clues

2gy9du1.jpg

11kzdcw.jpg

VS.

2a4uyyv.jpg

@

2usijvb.jpg

Habs website - Rivalry - Islanders website

Last games played;

Habs

Recap - Boxscore - Video

ifwu8y.jpg

Islanders

Recap - Boxscore - Video

This season's meetings;

Recap - Boxscore - Video

10msia1.jpg

Recap - Boxscore - Video

Injuries;

Montreal

Andrei Markov: on injured reserve and will miss the remainder of the season; right knee surgery

Islanders

Mark Streit: injured reserve and is out indefinitely; left shoulder surgery

Kyle Okposo: on injured reserve and is expected to miss 2-3 months; right shoulder surgery

Doug Weight: on injured reserve; back

Mike Mottau: on injured reserve and will miss the remainder of the season; right hip surgery

Trent Hunter: on injured reserve; torn left MCL

Rick DiPietro: on injured reserve; knee

Matt Moulson: questionable for Sundays game against Montreal; head

Matt Martin: probable for Sundays game against Montreal; two-game suspension

1zxwbqa.jpg

-----

You are all like family to me, so I would like to take a moment to wish all of my fellow members a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays . Wishing you and your family all the best.

<3

k4tvfo.jpg

I'm supposed to get some heavy snow tonight, so I'm not sure I'll be able to catch the game. I'll be thinking of that Habs if not.

Play hard, don't take it easy, and score early.

Still cannot get enough of your fantastic GDT's clues...

thgreat_job.gif...as usual.

Habs.gif

GO_HABS_GO_14485-1.gif

Game day today...oh yea...1st up,world jrs.....then followed up with my habs...GO CANADA...LETS GO HABBIES.

really terrific GDT young lady.

i'm just sitting around about to go out and shovel the foot of snow on the drive, but i'm thinking if ever there was a day our guys would have problems nourishing themselves prior to the game it would be today. let's just take our results tonight with a grain of salt. sound fair?

let's just take our results tonight with a grain of salt. sound fair?

Morning friend. B)

Trap game, trap game.

Don't fall into the TRAP tonight, Habbies!

If we can't beat this Islanders team, we're in big trouble.

lol....just checked the standings, and the Devils fell below the Isles as the league's new worst. Haw, haw....never thought I'd see the day. Just goes to show how much of a team game this is.

I think the league will let the refs call a fair game in this one, and save the hack jobs for the bigger games against their favorites. Having said that, we still need to pick it up a notch or two. Cammy and Gio need to start burying some shots. Would love to see the PhD line back together. And we simply must STOP giving up unnecessary odd man rushes against. Every once in a while, they do happen in normal play, but when we're a man up, they should NEVER happen.

I still have doubts about JM's ability to get the boys playing tough for the full sixty minutes on a consistent basis. Tonight would be a glorious opportunity to blow out a weaker opponent.....or to take it so easily that they fall asleep, and before they know it.....they're TRAPPED!

It's getting to the point that we can tell right off the bat how the game's going to flow. If the Habs' passing is nice and crisp, tape-to-tape, and they're skating hard and fast, we can beat anybody. If their passes are sloppy and behind, or to no one in particular, and they're floating around out there wondering when lunch is, then look out.....here comes eighth place.

There's still the possibility this game doesnt get off the ground because of blizzard conditions in New York. Could be an empty building if it does go ( would that be considered advantage N.Y. :lol: ).

If we can't beat this Islanders team, we're in big trouble.

I thought this going into the leafs game awhile back. <_<

*Dec.11th.

I expect a 8,000 or so crowd , 7,800 of which Habs fans :D

Well,if a ruckus occurs in the stands...we know who it is...*AHEM. ;):lol:

sure, check near the FO circle in our D zone, 1st row :D

:lol:

Archived