The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #46: Flames @ Canadiens, Monday January 17 2011, 7.30 Pm

Tessin

Monday January 17 2011, 7.30 PM ET

65540%20Calgary%20Flames%20Traditions.jpg@ montreal-canadiens-classic-team-pennant-3324015.jpg

The Flames (20-20-5, 9-12-4 on the road) are 4th in the Northwest Division and 14th in the Western Conference with 45 points. They have a goal difference of 122-132. Last 10 games: 6-2-2.

The Habs (25-17-3, 15-6-3 at home) are 2nd in the Northeast Division and 7th in the Eastern Conference with 53 points. They have a goal difference of 112-107. Last 10 games: 5-4-1.

Last meeting: October 11 2009 at the Bell Center when Calgary won 1:0 (goal scored by Jarome Iginla).

Key Players

ap-16bd4ec14bd948719f13476f46773af7.jpg

Curtis Glencross, 5 points in the last 4 games.

ap-397ac7f9a31241e08b879edcffadc59c.jpg

James Wisniewski, 9 points in the last 7 games

The Projected Goalies

Miika+Kiprusoff+Calgary+Flames+v+Los+Angeles+1pgJSRlj4WGl.jpg

Miikka Kiprusoff, 17-17-2, Save % 0.903, GAA 2.68, SO 3.

Alex+Auld+Montreal+Canadiens+v+Toronto+Maple+wvXnbGOyEmml.jpg

Alex Auld, 3-2-0, Save % 0.941, GAA 1.74. SO 0.

Habs possible lineup

Roman Hamrlik, James Wisniewski

Hal Gill, P.K. Subban

Jaroslav Spacek, Yannick Weber

LW Michael Cammalleri, C Tomas Plekanec, RW Lars Eller

LW Max Pacioretty, C Scott Gomez, RW Brian Gionta

LW Benoit Pouliot C David Desharnais, RW Mathieu Darche

LW Andrei Kostitsyn, C Jeff Halpern, RW Travis Moen

Optional practice for Habs

posted by Dave Stubbs at 12h29 EST on Jan 16

The Canadiens had a team meeting, an off-ice workout and an optional skate for six in Brossard this morning.

Goalie Alex Auld, defencemen Yannick Weber and Alexandre Picard and forwards Tom Pyatt, David Desharnais and Max Pacioretty skated.

great_job.gifTessin on your GDT...

28722_1246078006083_1653408635_574069_5616545_n.jpg

:lol: GO MOEN!

habsrangersjan15moen.jpg

I'll say it again...get a win and build the foundation of a nice winning streak!

however Wisniewski and Pouliot both questionable according to CKAC

YEP...

Defenceman James Wisniewski and forward Benoit Pouliot missed the morning skate in Brossard this morning because they displayed flu-like symptoms. Both players are officially classified as game-time decisions,

if for once we could go throughout the entire game without looking lit- like not lit. refs are your basic support squad, i don't mind them, i even think i like them, linesmen too, but for god's sake we have to advertise ourselves as sportsmen too if we are going to get anywhere. i mean we could put four ridges on our unis, but then we'd be a different team, yes?

so that's my mind- i practice thinking while practicing music. i think that expression of temper above says what i have to say. i just don't believe we being picked on. i mean i did enough picking myself and the thought surfaced in my brain. we need not to take so many penalties anyway, and heck- i may be on to something. so give me a break if you don't see it immediately. k? love you guys. let's get a win.

YEP...

Defenceman James Wisniewski and forward Benoit Pouliot missed the morning skate in Brossard this morning because they displayed flu-like symptoms. Both players are officially classified as game-time decisions,

Ohhh man! This flu thing is really going around, Everyone needs to drink their orange juice and take Airborne.

YEP...

Aaaaaaaaaaaah darn! <_< Not having Wisniewski in the lineup makes me nervous. He's been a consistent contributor here since coming over. Life without Wisniewski would be like having a peanut butter and jam sandwich without the jam.

From HIO, Auld gets the start tonight. Very concerned though that Wiz and Pouliot are displaying flu-like symptoms and are game time decisions. This bug is really making its round. Don't they get flu shots?

Probably, but what are you going to do? A flu-shot is just an immune system boosting flu strain (combined with other things) in itself, isn't it? So... :unsure: If the flu they have now is a different mutation than the one the received the vaccination of, it won't really help. Hopefully they just manage to get over it quickly.

Archived