Game #48 Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators

EHIW

29 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

• Habs win in regulation
    • Habs win in OT/SO
    • Sens win in regulation
    • Sens win in OT/SO

The Montreal Canadiens (26-17-4) visit Scotiabank Place and the struggling Ottawa Senators (17-24-7). The last time out for the Canadiens was a 2-1 Overtime loss to the Buffalo Sabres which saw forwards Mike Cammalleri, Max Pacioretty and Jeff Halpern all leave the game,even though Halpern returned, he saw limited ice time.

Broadcast Information: RDS (HD), SNET-EAST (HD)

Team 1200 Radio (Ottawa), CJAD (Montreal, English) CKAC (Montreal, French)

Injury report: Montreal lost a pair of forwards in addition to Tuesday's game with Buffalo -- Michael Cammalleri was placed on injured reserve with an upper-body injury, while Max Pacioretty was taken to an area hospital after being hit in the right side by a shot and suffering bruised ribs. He skated Thursday, as did forwards Jeff Halpern (upper body) and Benoit Pouliot (flu-like symptoms), who are day-to-day. … Kovalev (knee) and Jason Spezza (shoulder) are on injured reserve for Ottawa, and goalie Pascal Leclaire (lower body) is also out indefinitely.

Last Time:

“WE GOT A POINT OUT OF IT AND THAT WAS GREAT WITH ALL THOSE INJURIES, BUT I'M THE GUY WHO PUT US IN THAT SITUATION AND I'LL TAKE THE BLAME FOR THE LOSS.”

- Center Scott Gomez, on his penalty, which led to the winning goal by Jason Pominville.

“IT'S NOT THAT WE'RE PLAYING POORLY. I KNOW IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE. OUR GUYS SHOWED A LOT OF CHARACTER. THEY JUST DIDN'T WANT TO ROLL OVER. THEY CARE AND THEY SHOWED...”

- Coach Cory Clouston after Thursday's 6-2 loss in Philadelphia, the team's 10th defeat in its last 11 outings.

GO HABS GO

if you want to join the discussion on the Sens board click the link below :D

http://fans.senators.nhl.com/community/topic/7811-gdt-montreal-canadiens-ottawa-senators/

Nice job on the GDT. :D

What can I say...team has injury issues...but,never-less....want to see others step up & give it their all....2pts please.

GO_HABS_GO_14485-1.gif

Yeah but the Ducks are more of an offensive threat IMHO and we'll need Carey rested up for them.

Not to mention that Koivu, Laps, Chips, and Mara will probably have money on the board tomorrow night.

call me a fake fan but to be honnest i'm not even caring wether we win or lose tomorrow, i care more about the crowds reaction to koivu's return, if anyone boo's captain K i'll be immensely p-oed.

Yeah but the Ducks are more of an offensive threat IMHO and we'll need Carey rested up for them.

Not to mention that Koivu, Laps, Chips, and Mara will probably have money on the board tomorrow night.

agree, there is one big BUT...Auld didnt show extra performance last time and I dont know if JM will trust him so early. Last season Halak was able to steal 2 wins in 2 days (against Flyers and Sens) so why not Carey? There will be a lot of time for the rest although his starting in All-Stars. Thats my opinion. If JM has another sight I have no problem with it.

call me a fake fan but to be honnest i'm not even caring wether we win or lose tomorrow, i care more about the crowds reaction to koivu's return, if anyone boo's captain K i'll be immensely p-oed.

I'd be ticked if they booed Koivu, yes. But that does not negate that we need the points and that the game is played to win, not accommodate former teammates.

agree, there is one big BUT...Auld didnt show extra performance last time and I dont know if JM will trust him so early. Last season Halak was able to steal 2 wins in 2 days (against Flyers and Sens) so why not Carey? There will be a lot of time for the rest although his starting in All-Stars. Thats my opinion. If JM has another sight I have no problem with it.

But Carey doesn't get the ASG off, and we will need more and more of him AND Auld as the playoff run continues. Auld definitely dropped the ball last time he played but the only way he'd get a bit better is more ice time, and we'll need him as much as Carey in the playoff run as the competition and games get more intensive.

Carey doesn't get the ASG off, but it's also not the same pressure and preparation that's involved and it's still only one period he's playing in a week. With the injuries and the number of rookies playing now, I don't think we can afford a slip-up before the break. I think we go with Price back-to-back this weekend, barring a terrible performance tonight.

Beauty GDT EHIW, Go Habs Go

Look This Is Where I dislike Martin Last yr He Played Halak In Loads Of Back To Back Wins, & This yr He Wont Do That With Price, I Say Price Will Play Both Today & Tmrw

We Needs The Points

Beauty GDT EHIW, Go Habs Go

Look This Is Where I dislike Martin Last yr He Played Halak In Loads Of Back To Back Wins, & This yr He Wont Do That With Price, I Say Price Will Play Both Today & Tmrw

We Needs The Points

Well, to be fair, last year the team wasn't winning when Price was in net. This year they are getting wins even with Auld in net, so there's no real reason to run Price into the ground before the real playoff push at the end of the season.

Offtopic: Is anyone else constantly getting logged out of this new board? It's driving me nuts to have to sign in every time I come here.

CKAC is hinting they think Auld might get the start tonight in Ottawa with Carey playing tomorrow at home.

If you want to stick Auld in, then on the one hand Anaheim is a stronger opponent right now and Auld had a miserable game at home last time out, but on the other Ottawa is a divisional opponent whereas Anaheim is in the other conference. Tough call.

CKAC is hinting they think Auld might get the start tonight in Ottawa with Carey playing tomorrow at home.

If you want to stick Auld in, then on the one hand Anaheim is a stronger opponent right now and Auld had a miserable game at home last time out, but on the other Ottawa is a divisional opponent whereas Anaheim is in the other conference. Tough call.

Ottawa is a former team and Alex has a very good record against former teams. This being said, I personally would use Carey for both games but if JM decides to go with a split, I'm quite OK with it too.

This will most likely be a home game too, so either should be good.

Either way, injuries or not, this is one we should win. Ottawa, not very strong to start with, is on the tail end of a back to back set.

EHW1 that's a nice GDT

Hope it's a winner,please let it be

We need a many points as we can get

The only way is pucks in the net

I think tonight we will see some life

It always happens when injuries are rife

Gomez you have to shoot a few more

Pleks will be working that's for sure

Gio to the net you must get closer

Then your not so likely to hit a poster

AK you have to keep fighting through

You know just what you have to do