The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Ray Emery

I saw a video news ditty where those that are working with him outlined all the therapy and rehab he was going through, and how dedicated he has been to it. I seem to recall it was something like 6 hours a day, every day. And nary a complaint from him, ever, they said.

I was never an Emery fan, based on his known attitude, but this impressed me. If he has indeed turned the page in his "maturity", then I wish him the best.

pretty sure he hasn't played since last year soooo he doesn't have to clear waivers

Actually,,,the TSN article says he was placed on waivers at noon. Not sure why but.....

Actually,,,the TSN article says he was placed on waivers at noon. Not sure why but.....

Ok,,,i reread the article myself. :lol: It says he needs to clear waivers so that he can be sent to the AHL for conditioning. Heres the exact explanation....

The two-way deal will allow Emery to take longer then the standard two-week conditioning AHL stint without having to go through waivers to be recalled, however due to Emery's age and NHL experience, he would need to clear waivers first before the Ducks could send him to Syracuse of the AHL. Should a team claim him today, he would have to remain on that team's NHL roster for the remainder of the season.

He must clear waivers because he is an NHL veteran.

*and gets picked up by................NYI* ?

:lol:

Should a team claim him today,

* Garth Snow runs to the phone*

Islanders missed out. :lol: He cleared today...

Snow is getting slack...:lol:

• 5 months later...

Archived