The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Guy Carbonneau Back In Coaching.

Where he maybe should have started in the first place.....some where's like there,not in the NHL..........should have gotten some coaching experience before trying his hand behind our bench...IMO.

Anyways,if he's now got the desire to step back into coaching....this is the proper route to get back...just my view.

Good luck Guy.

I guess when your part owner of the club you can save some money by delagating more duties to yourself. :P

P.S. Looks like he's also going to be the GM. Guess his job is secure. :lol:

Someone posted this comment on the NHL site...too funny...

He'd be a savior if the Leafs signed him

Good for him, he wasn't the worst coach ever but not a great one either

It came down to experience...IMO..which he had none.<_<

I just believe he should have started in the minors/farm team...and worked his way up to the NHL.

I wish him nothing but good luck with Chicoutimi.

Agreed

he is an owner of the team as i recollect, and how many times did i say he had a conflict of interest while he was coach for us?

this should be easy to work out for him, at least i think so, and by the time he's done he may even be another boucher. i don't suspect it, but i can't neglect the posiibility either.

he is an owner of the team as i recollect, and how many times did i say he had a conflict of interest while he was coach for us?

and where have you been lately...:D...being a no show in the GDT as of late.

Nice to hear from you there BLUES MAN.B)

• 2 weeks later...

Or Even assistant coach for a few years

Well he was an assistant coach for a few years in Montreal, but I don't think that really has a lot in common with being a head coach (I'd much rather hire a career AHL head coach than career NHL assistant coach).

Anyways, best of luck. I don't think he is a very good coach and not really expecting him to make it back to the NHL, but if he does, good for him.

Archived