The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #55 | Montreal @ Boston | Wed. Feb 9, 2011 7:00pm

ColRouleBleu

BOOINS1.png

I don't have Clues' talent with images nor maddie's way with words so here comes a pretty straight forward GDT. After all, the objective is pretty straight forward too : Habs beat Booins and everyone is happy
:D

BOOINS2.jpg

Preview

The Boston Bruins and Montreal Canadiens had three-game winning streaks snapped in their last outings. With a chance to pull even with Boston atop the Northeast Division, Montreal hopes its recent domination of the series helps it get back on track Wednesday night at TD Garden.

The Canadiens (30-19-5) have won five straight and eight of nine meetings with the Bruins, including three this season. Max Pacioretty had a goal and an assist in each of the last two matchups, scoring in overtime for a 3-2 victory Jan. 8 in the latest one.

Brian Gionta scored the tying goal with 47.7 seconds remaining in that game and has a goal in all three contests.

Carey Price lost for the third time in five starts Sunday, 4-1 to New Jersey. He might get the chance to bounce back versus the Bruins, against whom he is 3-0-0 with a 1.97 goals-against average this season and 6-0-0 with a 1.47 GAA in his last six starts.

Defenseman P.K. Subban, who scored in Montreal's 3-1 win over Boston on Nov. 11, got his sixth goal of the season Sunday.

"It was just one of those games where the puck just didn't bounce our way in the first five minutes, but that's hockey," Subban said.

The Canadiens have gone 0 for 22 on the power play over their last five games, but they've converted on three of 10 opportunities against the Bruins this season.

BOOINS4.png

Players Stats:

Montreal | Boston

Boston, coming off a 2-0 loss to San Jose on Saturday, found out Monday that center Marc Savard will be sidelined for the rest of the season. Savard had not played since Jan. 22, when he suffered his second concussion in less than a year.

"It's tough to understand why this happened," said Savard, who had two goals and eight assists in 25 games. "It will take time and patience, those two things I don't feel like I have much of."

The Bruins (30-16-7) held the Sharks to 18 shots, the fewest they've allowed all season.

"I don't think we played a bad game," coach Claude Julien said. "It was a tight game both ways, but we need to get better along the boards."

Center Patrice Bergeron has eight points in his last six games, and scored twice against Montreal on Jan. 8. His 11 goals versus the Canadiens are his most against any team, and his 16 assists in the series are tied for his most.

Tim Thomas made 16 saves against San Jose and is 25-6-6 with a league-leading 1.80 GAA. However, he lost both times he faced the Canadiens this season and has gone 0-2-2 with a 3.44 GAA in his last four starts against them.

Montreal has won four straight in Boston, limiting the Bruins to four goals, and taken nine of the last 12 matchups there.

Text:

Habs Lineup

(as per practice)

Max Pacioretty | Tomas Plekanec | Brian Gionta

Andrei Kostitsyn | Scott Gomez | Lars Eller

Benoit Pouliot | Jeff Halpern | Travis Moen

Tom Pyatt | David Desharnais | Mathieu Darche

Roman Hamrlik | James Wisniewski

Hal Gill | PK Subban

Jaroslav Spacek | Yannick Weber

Carey Price

OK boyz last time I was at the Garden last year I witnessed this:

BOOINS3.jpg

Give me a chance to take a better photo :D

gohabsgo.gif

Amazing thread, CRB.

After a math exam and an oral presentation, I could really use a Habs win.

go Habs go!

Also, enjoy the game. :)

Thank you miss :)

Great job on the GDT! You better bring us a win :P

The only thing I can do is wear my pointed boots to kick their collective butt. What they do with that, it's out of my control :lol:

greatjob.gif ...On the GDT....and enjoy yourself at the game. :D

Games against Boston are always big, but given how close the teams are in the standings and how far along they are into the season, this one is even bigger than usual.

I hope the Habs can get the job done!

Gomer, Smudge & Pleks only ones who sat out optional skate this morning.

Wiz expected to play so Picard will sit.

Tyler Seguin a healthy scratch for the Bruins as Boston takes a look at rookie Zach Hamill on the third line. Quebecer Jordan Caron, who was recalled from Providence Monday, will play on the fourth line with Shawn Thornton and Gregory Campbell,

CRB your GDT is so good

Love the pics wish I could

Make pretty images like you do

But it's the love that makes it true

The love that we all feel for our team

How we revere them,have such esteem,

The HABS are who we are all shouting for

Hoping that they can up the score

We have to play our greatest enemy

To win this game goals are the remedy

Special teams have to really step up

If we want a chance for the cup