The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #56: February 10 2011, Islanders@canadiens, 7.30 Pm Et

Tessin

Your comparing Neil to a guy who couldn't skate, couldn't shoot, couldn't pass, couldn't hit and wouldn't fight? :blink:

Wasn't just the D. A few forwards didn't help matters either. But those forwards should have a lot of jump tonight! Right Gomer, AK, Eller?

Currently yes I am.

Niel has not shown much of what he was three years ago, even two years ago. It just seems like a bad investment, espcially considering Ottowa wants draft pick and propects. The habs would have to overpay to get him, and he's not worht it in my opinion.

Of course knowing the habs front office they will probably give up a first round pick and bring back Kovalev.

(he wants to retire in Montreal remember)

So i just heard on RDS that Gill is a scratch tonight. Picard in his place. Is he injured or just benched??

I think personally, Gomez, Kost, and Eller need to be benched for this game.....last night a combined -12 is pathetic. if they would have played smart, the habs would have won.

The crap they did last night was just pathetic.

Guest habs1952

Currently yes I am.

Niel has not shown much of what he was three years ago, even two years ago. It just seems like a bad investment, espcially considering Ottowa wants draft pick and propects. The habs would have to overpay to get him, and he's not worht it in my opinion.

You know this as a fact?

You know this as a fact?

Well for me, in terms of what Ottowa is trying to do right now is rebuild.

Meaning the habs will have to give up draft picks or prospects. neither of which we should be giving up for a 4th line tough guy with minimal skill.

But thats just my opinion.

A few years ago I would have said "Grab him"

I just dont think he's worth the price tag.

Quite laughable that TSN is reporting Colin Campbell did not see any reason to suspend his son... as if using plastic equipment to bloody an opponent who's not even throwing punches is part of the rules. As I said in a an earlier post, if you use a cast or bandage or ring to bloody an opponent it's an automatic misconduct and suspension, so why should an elbow pad be any different? This makes zero sense to me, other than to say it adds one more notch to Campbell Sr.'s lack of credibility in his role and the league's lack of credibility for not having fired him when the proof came out that he was corrupted.

So i just heard on RDS that Gill is a scratch tonight. Picard in his place. Is he injured or just benched??

Gill injured.

Darche injured.

Picard and White in.

Quite laughable that TSN is reporting Colin Campbell did not see any reason to suspend his son... as if using plastic equipment to bloody an opponent who's not even throwing punches is part of the rules. As I said in a an earlier post, if you use a cast or bandage or ring to bloody an opponent it's an automatic misconduct and suspension, so why should an elbow pad be any different? This makes zero sense to me, other than to say it adds one more notch to Campbell Sr.'s lack of credibility in his role and the league's lack of credibility for not having fired him when the proof came out that he was corrupted.

Gill injured.

Darche injured.

Picard and White in.

I hope Gill is not out for long....that would be very hard to overcome in my eyes.

It is laughable. I made a comment ( earlier) in jest about offering whatever it took to trade for Campbell. Thats the only way to guarantee some slanted reffing in our favour IMO.

5 Minutes Till Game Time...goallight.gif

are_you_ready.gif

GO_HABS_GO.gif

I'm not even sure why they would hire someone with a son in the league to handle punishments. Obviously he's going to have some sort of bias towards his son when it comes to him needing a suspension.

If you're tryin' to imply the integrity or credibility of NHL Hockey Operations isn't completely on the level during a critical NE division game which could shape the face of the playoffs, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to step outside. :P:lol:

If you're tryin' to imply the integrity or credibility of NHL Hockey Operations isn't completely on the level during a critical NE division game which could shape the face of the playoffs, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to step outside. :P:lol:

:lol: hahaha

Obviously he's going to have some sort of bias towards his son when it comes to him needing a suspension.

But,he gave his word he would not be.......and Buttman says his word is just that.:lol:

I know some people don't like Pierre very much, but if you get TSN be happy about it. You could be watching this on the Islanders' MSG feed, which is... not well staffed.

I've a bet going on the number of distinctly difference pronunciations of Kostitsyn, Plekanec, and Desharnais there'll be tonight. :P

Archived