The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #61: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 Canadiens @ Canucks 10:00 Pm Rds(hd)

HabsRuleForever

canadiens.jpg@180px-Vancouver_Canucks.gif

Game #61: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 10:00 PM RDS(HD)

This is the second of two meetings between the teams this season. On Nov. 9, Carey Price stopped all 34 shots he faced and Andrei Markov and Roman Hamrlik supplied the offense in a 2-0 Canadiens victory in Montreal

STARTING GOALIES

4_15_1.jpgluongo.jpg

Who's Hot

imagesCANGHZSF.jpg

The Canucks have alternated wins and losses in their last six games, allowing the Red Wings to take a big bite out of their Western Conference lead, which is down to five points. They beat the skidding Stars 5-2 Saturday to start a six-game homestand.

Who's Cold

imagesCAZH6BAG.jpg

The Habs come into tonight's game having lost 4-1 at Edmonton and then 4-0 outside on Sunday in Calgary.

INJURIES

MONTREAL

Jaroslav Spacek (D) Lower body injury (Injured reserve)

Mathieu Darche (LW/RW) Groin (Injured reserve)

Andrei Markov (D) Right knee injury (Injured reserve)

Josh Gorges (D) Right knee injury (Injured reserve)

VANCOUVER

Andrew Alberts (D) Broken wrist (Injured reserve)

Kevin Bieksa (D) Broken left foot (Day to day)

Dan Hamhuis (D) Concussion (Day to day)

Keith Ballard (D) Sprained right knee (Injured reserve)

Alexander Edler (D) Back surgery (Injured reserve)

Alexandre Bolduc (C/LW) Shoulder injury (Injured reserve)

Rick Rypien (RW/C) Personal reasons (Injured reserve)

THREE THINGS TO WATCH

1 Mike Cammalleri saw lots of the Sedins in his six seasons in the West, five of them with the L.A. Kings. He's not surprised that Henrik won the scoring race last year and Daniel's leading it now. "I've always had a tremendous amount of respect for them. I'm not surprised, but I'm impressed that in the past two seasons they've pushed the envelope and taken their game to an even higher level."

2 The outdoor game at Calgary on Sunday was Cammalleri's first game back since injuring his shoulder on Jan. 18, forcing him to miss 12 games. If you're coming back from an injury, that's probably the worst possible scenario as far as the cold and the conditions and the ice, he said.

3 Carey Price has rebounded nicely with Jaroslav Halak gone and is tied for the league lead in starts (53) and tied for third in wins (27). He doesn't know why he's playing so much better than last year. "I haven't changed anything at all. Everybody's been telling me 'You're doing this and you're doing that,' but I haven't changed anything one bit."

"HIT THEM HARD & SCORE OFTEN"

imagesCAIQ34J0.jpgimagesCA1MO5YA.jpg

For some reason,,,,i'm less worried about playing a contending team then i am a team fighting for a playoff spot. We dont seem to have a problem elevating our game vs an elite team. WE CAN DO THIS. ;)

HRF your GDT as always is beyond good

I would love to do one like it,if only I could

Now I am just a little apprehensive about tonight's game

Just a teeny little bit worried, are you the same?

Now I am not chewing my nails or pulling out my hair

If it didn't hurt so much,my fingers would be bleeding my head bare

Now I live out west here in BC

So winning tonight would mean a great big deal to me

I get tired of Cnucks fans giving me stick

So winning tonight the HABS I will pick

What ever we lack in stature or size

We never give up, eyes only on the prize

We love to prove the pundits wrong

That's why we keep on going strong

I don't care who says we should roll over

From the last defeat we can recover

We can pick ourselves up and start again

Though it having to be against the Nucks is a pain

So forget whats past it's no use brooding

It's to our hearts that I am alluding

Now come on guys just get it done

We know we can beat that no 1

GO HABS GO :D :D

Is there any chance to get 2 points? I hope so... GO HABS GO!!!

There is always a chance there is always a way

That we can win this game today

As long as our players never give in

There is always a chance that we can win

As long as the players use their skill and speed

There is always a way to succeed

Our opponents are at the very top

That means they have a long way to drop

Once you say it can't be done

Then you have already lost this one

You have to keep trying right to the end

That's when the result you can amend

There is always a chance there is always a way

That we can win this game today

As long as our players never give in

There is always a chance that we can win

As long as the players use their skill and speed

There is always a way to succeed

Our opponents are at the very top

That means they have a long way to drop

Once you say it can't be done

Then you have already lost this one

You have to keep trying right to the end

That's when the result you can amend

thank you for the support. It would be sin if we will not take 2 points after this great poem ;)

Take it from a Canucks fan, as long as the Habs don't take penalties their chances are excellent tonight. The fact is that the Canadiens really need this win, where as the Nucks don't and it's not like they would be giving away points to a rival if they lost. Add to this that Coach V is a Habs fan himself, wants to see the Habs in the playoffs, and is trying to ease injured defencemen back into the lineup. The stars are all aligned for the Habs tonight and as my second favorite team, I want them in the playoffs too!

Just remember, STAY OUT OF THE PENALTY BOX... the Canucks PP is absolutely lethal the twins!

canadiens.jpg@180px-Vancouver_Canucks.gif

Game #61: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 10:00 PM RDS(HD)

STARTING GOALIES

4_15_1.jpgluongo.jpg

Very coollllllllll......nice job hrf.:D

10pm start time. Arghhh.

11:00 pm my time.....catch ya all back here tonight.....GO HABS!

Is there any chance to get 2 points?

Always a chance going into a game....its how bad the boys want it.<_<

Great job HRF.

Have hope,of course we will win it,just need to stay out the box,get some buts,let Price be sharp and we win.We can do it.

I am not sure if I will be able to watch,depends if my mom will let me watch.Might come,after all I have school tomorrow.

GO HABS GO!

It's nice to know that the boys are taking this recent loosing skid with a grain of salt.

After being beaten by the Flames Sunday on National TV, they decided to land in Vancouver check into there hotel rooms and go directly to the ROXY which is a country and western bar and spend the rest of the night drinking and having a great time.

Im all for having a good time however there is a time and place, for example if they had won the game and have gone 7 and 1 for there past 8 games by all means go out have a great time after all they would have deserved it.

Has JM lost control of his team do they even want to make the palyoffs?? Do they even care??

Years ago while living in a small town called Niagara on the lake I remember the Sabres staying in said town which was only about 45 minutes from Buffalo, its a small town with nothing to do. (on the Canadien Side i can see the ACC from my back yard looking accross the lake).

While there players became focused and almost made the Cup finals, with that said is JM or the rest of the coaching staff doing anyhting but sticking there heads in the sand and watching there team self distruct?

Again we are not yet in the palyofss but with this lack of control or self control do we really expect to be in

the palyoffs come April, has anyone else looked at the upcoming month? It's going to be tough especially with this bunch.

However i wish it was me doing shots with PK at 2 in the morning instead of my sister and brother in law...

Hi all my Habs fan brothers. Any team can beat any other team.

If, they want the win bad enough are HABs can win tonight.Am I worried?

I have been worried for 2yrs now.2010 they made me so happy with their strong

well to win.If they find that lions hart tonight we walk out with no less then 1 point.

I wonder what Feb.28 has in store for us.If we want to go deep in the playoffs we need a tough guy.

GO Habbs Go

Just thinking maybe Chris Neil, love to hate him, but would love to see him on are side to

Archived